Ibasso T4 LOD (opinons please)
Feb 26, 2009 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JOEYBUCKETS

100+ Head-Fier
ok i have a question, i have a 32gb itouch,audeo cans and just ordered a t4.. is it really that big of a deal that i need to use a LOD? Just wondering peoples opinions, does the sound quality change with the LOD? thanks in advance
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYBUCKETS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok i have a question, i have a 32gb itouch,audeo cans and just ordered a t4.. is it really that big of a deal that i need to use a LOD? Just wondering peoples opinions, does the sound quality change with the LOD? thanks in advance
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes the sound quality is much better through a LOD. The audio signal is coming straight from DAC and it is clean. When ran through most headphone outs it already passes through the crappy on board AMP on the DAP which eliminates the purpose of the external AMP's job.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the sound quality is much better through a LOD. The audio signal is coming straight from DAC and it is clean. When ran through most headphone outs it already passes through the crappy on board AMP on the DAP which eliminates the purpose of the external AMP's job.

You are right about the fact that it does sound better and cleaner, but wrong about the DAC portion. It doesn't go though the dac, but rather the same circuitry as the headphone, giving it the common idea that it is from the DAC because it comes from the dock.

If you want a pure connection to the dac, get an iMod. What the Touch's lod and every other stock ipod's dock is giving you is a glorified headphone out.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 11
Using a well made and using good materials line out dock to feed an amp is a better solution than going from the headphone out. The music will be clearer and it will have better detail and punch. Good luck.

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYBUCKETS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone anyone???

Yes, it makes a difference.

Should have got the iBasso plug and cable, they're good value.

Steven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back