iBasso T1
Jul 19, 2008 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm wanting to buy one of these, but are they any good? The small size is quiet attractive to me, and from what I've read so far its very good value for money.

one problem: I can't find any place that sells them. Even the iBasso website didn't have any.....

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 13
the ibasso T2 is supposed to be the next generation to the T1. The first one apparently had major shielding issues and the amp would freak out if a cell phone was near it... Have you sent ibasso an email, there website is kinda screwy and they have none of there products on it now, maybe they are a discontinued product or maybe its just not on the site. Email them and see what they have to say.

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 13
There is no info in the website on the T2 because the T3 is going to be released soon, along with a P3 and a D1 replacement.

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 13
Regarding iBasso's release of the new amps, they've been saying "next month" for the past month or so. Last correspondence indicated an end of July release date for the new amps, but no details about the amps were released. It is highly unlikely that the T3 will be bulky.

The wait is frustrating, but at the same time I appreciate iBasso for telling me about the new amps. I was looking for the P2, and instead of trying to sell me a D2 instantly, they told me about the forthcoming P3 and other amps so I could make a better decision.

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedemonv12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have any idea what the pricing will be on the new amps from ibasso will be?

and will they be better than the ibasso d2 boa?

You can't really tell without knowing the price and details first, and even then, price doesn't necessarily reflect quality.

From what I have been told by iBasso, the T3 has the input and output 3.5mm on the same side, slightly thicker and shorter (think transition between 2G and 3G iPod nano) and this should allow more room for better caps, etc.

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't really tell without knowing the price and details first, and even then, price doesn't necessarily reflect quality.

From what I have been told by iBasso, the T3 has the input and output 3.5mm on the same side, slightly thicker and shorter (think transition between 2G and 3G iPod nano) and this should allow more room for better caps, etc.

no idea what you just said
smily_headphones1.gif
... but i did just order an iBasso D2 Boa to go along with my Beyerdynamic Dt 770 pro 80ohm that i already have.... should i cancel my order and wait for the new amps? or do you think the D2 will be just fine for my Cans? (o, and ill be using it with a macbook pro, ipod, and iphone, and i listen to trance, and house music mostly along with some acoustic and rock)

Jul 20, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #11 of 13
Another cheap amp I'm considering is the little dot micro +

Which one would be more portable, and which one sounds better? I'm kind of worried about the shiny backing on the iBasso T1 scratching like hell, but its the perfect size for me.

Jul 20, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another cheap amp I'm considering is the little dot micro +

Which one would be more portable, and which one sounds better? I'm kind of worried about the shiny backing on the iBasso T1 scratching like hell, but its the perfect size for me.

Compared to the T2 (or T1, I guess, if you want a worse amp), no other amp is really portable, with the possible exception of the SuperMicro, but that one's very thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back