iBasso T1
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #136 of 204
Finally today arrived my T1. It has been on less than 5 hours or so, and with my K81DJs I have noticed only sublte improvements, mainly "fuller" sound, with slightly more defined bass and better highs.

But this little thing has given new life to my CX300s. I was trying some crappy phones I have lying around (samsung earbuds, panasonic canal phones, Koss Plugs...) just for fun, and I've noticed a vast improvement with the CX300. I'd dare to say that now they are closer to my K81Djs unamped (except in bass, which still feels bloated and slightly distorted) than to unamped Cx300s. Anybody with a T1 and a pair of Cx300 can test it to see if I'm just imagining things?
tongue.gif

It has been said enough timeas already, but the thing is SMALL and SEXY. Altough I'd prefer brushed aluminium instead of stainless.

Does it improve much with burn-in or just subtle changes?

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #137 of 204
Just got my T1 yesterday and have listened for about 5 hours. Right now, I'm using a line out dock with my iPod and HD482s. I can't hear any hiss unless I turn the volume up so high that it hurts. I was just listening to Bashin' by Jimmy Smith and started flipping the Bass and WSS switches.

With the WSS on, I can hear a lot more of the highs in the cymbals. I've never heard these highs before.

The bass boost is a subtle.

This is my first amp and I don't think I'll be able to listen to the iPod again without an amp. It just sounds so much better.

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #139 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the WSS on, I can hear a lot more of the highs in the cymbals. I've never heard these highs before.

After further listening, I don't think the sounds I'm hearing are supposed to be there. I think I need better headphones
icon10.gif

With the WSS switch on, I think I'm hearing a little hiss echoing from the highs. With the switch off, the highs kind of disappear under the mids and bass.

I'm not sure I'm expressing this well.

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #140 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Molondro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thing is sensitive as hell, it's picking noise from my desk lamp's power supply from near 1 metre (3 ft)!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Doesn't do to well next to a monitor and a WIFI router as well. I also noticed a little buzzing when walking with it in my pants pocket. Moved it to my shirt pocket and the buzzing stopped. I don't think it likes to be moved around a lot.

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #142 of 204
I would go out on a limb and say the the P1 would probably have a better spectrum spread, but the T1's bass boost function could equalize or possibly out-perform the p1. I wish I could answer your question better.

Mar 28, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #144 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by zekexz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which has more/better quality of bass. p1 or t1?

Used without any bass boost on the T1, the P1 has the better bass. But if you like bass boost, you have to go with the T1.

Mar 28, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #145 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Used without any bass boost on the T1, the P1 has the better bass. But if you like bass boost, you have to go with the T1.

lol alright, i guess i know wha im gettin- thx skylab

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #146 of 204
Has anyone had a problem with their battery not holding a charge. The last two days I have been getting maybe one hour. I am still checking to see if I am doing something wrong. So don't take this as a problem yet. Let me know if anyone else has had this issue.

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #147 of 204
My battery seems to be fine. I've actually been developing a habit of leaving the T1 on even though I'm not using it for the simple fact that I forget to turn it off. It hasn't drained on my yet and I have put a lot of hours into it since I received the amp.

Is it charging when you plug it in? The charger should show two lights if it's charging and one light will turn off after the amp is fully charged. Maybe your charger is not connected very well? Just a guess...

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #148 of 204
Mine is plugged in using a USB port and has been for the last 40 minutes or so since I first plugged it in. Now I have no lights showing at all. When I first plugged it in it did show two lights. 5:06 est and unplugged again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My battery seems to be fine. I've actually been developing a habit of leaving the T1 on even though I'm not using it for the simple fact that I forget to turn it off. It hasn't drained on my yet and I have put a lot of hours into it since I received the amp.

Is it charging when you plug it in? The charger should show two lights if it's charging and one light will turn off after the amp is fully charged. Maybe your charger is not connected very well? Just a guess...

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #150 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is plugged in using a USB port and has been for the last 40 minutes or so since I first plugged it in. Now I have no lights showing at all. When I first plugged it in it did show two lights. 5:06 est and unplugged again.

Also, make sure that you plug the cable to a dedicated usb port (usually located in the back), not on ones at the front of the computer or a usb hub. This makes a difference with DAPs like the zen vision m as far as charging is concerned.. I personally use the power adapter actually since I got too many things plugged into my computer
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back