iBasso T1
Mar 7, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #91 of 204
I have been listening to the T1 more and more lately. It provides a nice wide soundstage and does a surprising job with the bass, considering it must have little in the way of capacitance. This is one very enjoyable amplifier. I also like the long play time with one charge. I can carry it where I used to have room for just a small IC.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #92 of 204
Just ordered one of these today. It'll be my first portable amp. The size and relatively good sound (according to reviews) sold me on this since I do a lot of traveling. Also, the seller has a good return policy just in case it doesn't suit me at all.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #93 of 204
well, shoot, there goes another impulse buy...

i am hoping this will at least fill in the amp void i am suffering from. these will be paired with my hd580s/600cable, ksc35s, and um1s...we shall see what kind of effect the T1 has on three different classes of headphones (all on the cheap end have you..)

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #95 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt fury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he's trickling them out to keep the demand, and therefore his prices, high.

The prices of his P1 has shot up as well.... after a hugely positive review here.

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #96 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, shoot, there goes another impulse buy...

i am hoping this will at least fill in the amp void i am suffering from. these will be paired with my hd580s/600cable, ksc35s, and um1s...we shall see what kind of effect the T1 has on three different classes of headphones (all on the cheap end have you..)

haha, I know what you mean. Mine has apparently been shipped out already so I can't wait to receive it. Now, I'm not a superficial guy but this amp just looked so good and sounds decent enough (according to reviews) that I just went ahead and bought it. Was considering so many amps for my 1st one too. lol

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #97 of 204
I've had the T1 for a few weeks now and I must say that I am quite impressed with it. As has been noted by previous reviews, the bass boost really works and does not seem to degrade the sound quality too much. I have used it with my e500's and my ms-1s and it sounds great with both. I must say that I prefer my C&C to the t1 (the C&C give the music a bit more clarity to my ears) but hey, the t1 is about half the size of the C&C, not to mention less expensive.

I will say that the one thing I really don't like about the amp is the sound stage adjustment. It seems to just recess the mids, which does not help the soundstage and makes the music sound like its been eq'd in a really bizarre way. So, I just leave the sound stage adjustment off.

As has been noted in previous posts and reviews, I think that the switches on the amp are a little bit weak (they feel like they need to be treated gently), and I do sometimes worry about the durability of the top cover of the amp (the part that lights up when you turn it on), but I think that most of these concerns are me being picky. For what it is it's definitely a great little amp.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #98 of 204
How long does it take to get one once you "win" on eBay? I won last Saturday and have not gotten mine yet.

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #100 of 204
I pack mine around all the time. I have not run the battery out as I recharge it but I have used it days before recharging. I have the C & C and yes the stage settting on the C & C is pretty good but I think the T1 is more neutral. It is also much smaller, maybe about 1/4 of the overal size. I also like the charger that has folding prongs, like Apple gear. I agree that the stage widening setting doesn't work real well but the normal setting gives a very good separation of instruments. I still find it funny or surprising that such a small amp sounds so good in the bass department but then the Xin SuperMicro is tiny and is one of the best sounding portables around.

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #101 of 204
jamato, how are the mini to minis that come with the amp, quality wise? radioshack quality? or should i on the search for a better interconnect?

the interconnect that comes with the P1 is so sexy. if the t1 comes with that i'd be happy.

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #102 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by auroraeyre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jamato, how are the mini to minis that come with the amp, quality wise? radioshack quality? or should i on the search for a better interconnect?

the interconnect that comes with the P1 is so sexy. if the t1 comes with that i'd be happy.

I haven't really used them because I make my own high purity silver IC's but they look to be standard so-so quality. To be honest they would have to be burned in but they aren't anything like the cable that came with the P1, they are just run-of-the-mill types, from what I can tell by looking. It is nice though as they give you two different lengths of IC's with the T1.

Someone asked about the manufacture. It is iBasso, they are one company and they do not farm out the work. I emailed them and they had a very expensive, even for this country, stamp made for the case of the T1. This is why it looks so unique. It is iBasso's design and concept.

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #103 of 204
I got my T1 last week and I was using it with a standard apple dock,I run the amp for 2 days to let it burn in a bit.

Please forgive my use of terms on here but I'm not a headphone connoisseur (yet
tongue.gif
)

I first tried my Grado sr325i and to be honest I felt the sound was a bit harsh and it didn't feel that controlled I know the grado's can be a bit tiresome for prolonged use but it made them feel very tiresome, I think that the treble was a bit over ephasised and slightly grainy for my liking.

I then tried my sen mpx100 and I felt the sound was a lot better far more rounded and controlled but i still wasn't over enthused about the sound.

Well this morning a little parcel arrived at work containing a new cabled dock I purchased off ebay, my god what a difference it makes my mpx100's are singing and I can't wait to get home and try my 325i's again
basshead.gif

I first hated the bass switch on the T1 but now I'm running the ipod with no EQ and the bass switched on WOW!!! I can't get any work done this morning
icon10.gif

I'll post about the grado's tonight, thats if you can drag me away from the music that is.

Baden

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #104 of 204
Just received a Basso T1 yesterday and also felt that the highs were harsh, the lows were bloated with the bass on also. then the on off switch started to malfuntion...wouldn't turn on mainly, so now I have to return it. But I was impressed by how small this thing is and shiny...nice bling...and it actually ran my proline 2500 to decent levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back