iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Oct 12, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #991 of 1,046
Been lookin for the pt01 pads but looks like they sold out everywhere. Any other good pads that'll be a good fit?
Like Kith said, just order it from the iBasso website or contact Paul on Facebook. I lost one side of a pair after only using them for about 2 hours. Now I'll be ordering two more pairs.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #992 of 1,046
Just recently change the pads to Brainwavz XL Gel Round Earpads, loved it, comfort definitely improved, sound slightly change but not different than the perforated PT-1 pads... if someone need better comfort, you guys can consider this pads... however pads installation kindda slightly hard, but it's worth the effort

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #993 of 1,046
I just got these used in great condition with the pt-1 pads already on them. I haven't tried the stock pads yet.

All I can say is WOW!

Before today, I was certifiably bonkers for my onkyo a800, even going as far as to call it a fractionally-priced Focal Clear. So of course the first thing I did with the SR1 was A/B it to the a800. I had high hopes for the SR1 given everything written ITT, but I was 60% sure the a800 would win or it would be a tie. I was 90% sure it would be a close contest either way. Wrong on both counts - the SR1 ran away with it! My preference for the SR1 was most noticeable whenever the SR1 got the first listen of a song. With most songs, listening on the a800 after the SR1 had me sorely missing the SR1's sound. In fact with some songs the a800 seemed Grado-like next to the SR1. I didn't know it before today, but the a800 will probably benefit from EQ.

I don't even think this is a case of NTS. If I retract the above, I'll attribute it to my ears not being in the mood for the a800 this morning.

So far I only tried the SR1 unamped, given its easy specs. But someone ITT said the right amp transforms it, so I'll try my amps next time. I suppose I should try the stock pads too, even though just about everyone prefers the pt-1.

Thanks everyone for steering me to the SR1 :) Especially @Roderick - first the Sash and now this, you sir are my personal headphone guru lol.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #996 of 1,046
E-stat with that kind of "darker" tuning sounds interesting. However I'm sceptical that there ever will be an e-stat that can fullfill my bass needs. Sr1 is kind of the minimum I can live with. I mostly use fostex th900 these days.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #997 of 1,046
E-stat with that kind of "darker" tuning sounds interesting. However I'm sceptical that there ever will be an e-stat that can fullfill my bass needs. Sr1 is kind of the minimum I can live with. I mostly use fostex th900 these days.
RR1 e.stat may be suitable to your taste!
Have both sr1 and rr1

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #998 of 1,046
I just got these used in great condition with the pt-1 pads already on them. I haven't tried the stock pads yet.

All I can say is WOW!

Before today, I was certifiably bonkers for my onkyo a800, even going as far as to call it a fractionally-priced Focal Clear. So of course the first thing I did with the SR1 was A/B it to the a800. I had high hopes for the SR1 given everything written ITT, but I was 60% sure the a800 would win or it would be a tie. I was 90% sure it would be a close contest either way. Wrong on both counts - the SR1 ran away with it! My preference for the SR1 was most noticeable whenever the SR1 got the first listen of a song. With most songs, listening on the a800 after the SR1 had me sorely missing the SR1's sound. In fact with some songs the a800 seemed Grado-like next to the SR1. I didn't know it before today, but the a800 will probably benefit from EQ.

I don't even think this is a case of NTS. If I retract the above, I'll attribute it to my ears not being in the mood for the a800 this morning.

So far I only tried the SR1 unamped, given its easy specs. But someone ITT said the right amp transforms it, so I'll try my amps next time. I suppose I should try the stock pads too, even though just about everyone prefers the pt-1.

Thanks everyone for steering me to the SR1 :) Especially @Roderick - first the Sash and now this, you sir are my personal headphone guru lol.
Check if your cable is stock of SR1 (look similar to denon D2000 one but smaller in size).
If it is stock, my recommend is to use cable of IT04 if you want to open up the sound while keep silky smoothness of sr1.
Or consider other silver plated or pure silver cable.
Those material have amazing effect for sr1

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #999 of 1,046

@Roderick,

Just my two cents,

Depending on how much bass info your music & media has often determines how it will be reproduced more than the headphone itself though if you need a little more & you have bass heavy music & media, I suggest looking into the Neumann NDH 20.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,000 of 1,046
This is comming SR2. Looks beautifull

SmartSelect_20200104-220859_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,001 of 1,046
After 10 months no touching SR1, last week I listened again.
Dap: SP1000SS
Amp: hdvd800, balance
SR1, single crystal silver wire, balance, PT1 pad, angle 45 backward, pin hole punching mod driver's back cover

Not a new condition above, but bcs long time no touch, I am more impressed than usual.
SR1 and RR1(e.stat) have same sound sig but I will keep them both.

Any one know a good lamb skin pad for SR1?
PT1 makes my sweat runs on my ears

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #1,002 of 1,046
After 10 months no touching SR1, last week I listened again.
Dap: SP1000SS
Amp: hdvd800, balance
SR1, single crystal silver wire, balance, PT1 pad, angle 45 backward, pin hole punching mod driver's back cover

Not a new condition above, but bcs long time no touch, I am more impressed than usual.
SR1 and RR1(e.stat) have same sound sig but I will keep them both.

Any one know a good lamb skin pad for SR1?
PT1 makes my sweat runs on my ears

@TYATYA,

I suggest looking into ZMF Perforated Lambskin Universal Pads, it is quite comfortable though mine non perforated.

Not sure if you remember but I suggest using beeswax leather conditioner so the Lambskin pads will last longer with no washing required.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #1,003 of 1,046
After more time with the SR1, my opinion of it remains the same! The music has body and it's like everything is in focus. Perhaps I even prefer semi-open to fully open; trying the SR2 may answer that.

Having tested the SR1 against my hd6xx, I plan to sell the 6xx. My Sash planar, on the other hand, is giving it a good contest. So far the edge goes to the SR1 for its versatility - it's great with every song I've tried.

I you like SR1 and want to go to next step, I recommend RR1 - e.stat headphone of India.
Same price $500.
Both have same sound sig but RR1 is at the class of e.stat
I was resisting the temptation to buy the RR1, but now that you say that, I must try it! I will when I'm ready to buy an energizer too. And then I'll try the Nectar while I'm at it, given its price.

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #1,004 of 1,046
After more time with the SR1, my opinion of it remains the same! The music has body and it's like everything is in focus. Perhaps I even prefer semi-open to fully open; trying the SR2 may answer that.

Having tested the SR1 against my hd6xx, I plan to sell the 6xx. My Sash planar, on the other hand, is giving it a good contest. So far the edge goes to the SR1 for its versatility - it's great with every song I've tried.

I was resisting the temptation to buy the RR1, but now that you say that, I must try it! I will when I'm ready to buy an energizer too. And then I'll try the Nectar while I'm at it, given its price.
RR1 is a fully open, but sound has high density and focus as like SR1.
Amp for SR1 may call for more money than it for RR1.
Also SR1 need after sale pad and cable to sounds its best (PT1 pad is low cost but a pure silver cable - in my opinion is a need to open up the sound and to lighten up the sound - is not a low cost stuff).
There is a sweet point with SR1: combine of pad phase and distance to the ear (press a light force on earcups).
Those are not existing on RR1 - any position has same FR, imagine and sound perception)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back