iBasso OEM Project
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #316 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuzoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't.
Because...that's a very sensitive issue
frown.gif

As you know, BGs are very precious caps and I can't assure to secure enough numbers of them.
Purchasing on your own is the best way to avoid any troubles with.

If BGs would applied on there.....the amp will provide excess of bass and dull sound.

Sure for instructions.
And, know-how will be more sophisticated the more you use.

p3c-project

There has 3 buffer sockets (you can apply unity-gain stable OPAMPs also) in the pic.
Upper buffer socket is GNDch socket but it will be effected with 4ch architecture only.
And you can manually change 3ch and 4ch architecture by the switch (like gain setting of P3) on the right of GNDch buffer socket.
(I don't like 4ch architecture actually.... it gives DC)
Mid and lower are L/R buffer sockets and sticked with stacked BUF634Ps.

Look even more interesting than what SMIV got to offer. Actually, I mean the price for you to install the BG cap at the factory. The BG will be supply by me. There shouldn't be any problem getting BG of those value here in Singapore. I will send you an email. Cheers

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #317 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I mean the price for you to install the BG cap at the factory.

Then please give us shipping cost (from us to you when sending back) + $40.

Quote:

There shouldn't be any problem getting BG of those value here in Singapore.

In singapore, is there having plenty stocks of genuine BGs?
I know fake BGs are trafficking especially in China and south east asia like below......

Fake BGs on eBay

Genuine 3300uF/16V BG STD

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #318 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuzoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then please give us shipping cost (from us to you when sending back) + $40.

In singapore, is there having plenty stocks of genuine BGs?
I know fake BGs are trafficking especially in China and south east asia like below......

Fake BGs on eBay

Genuine 3300uF/16V BG STD

There is a shop which I know off still having stock for BG. it a reputable shop here. Most Singaporean only keen of BG for imod dock so the sales for other values is quite slow here. I will try buy the BG after my exam period and ship to you closer to the 1st batch release date.

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #319 of 497
I have seen large value BG's on the market that BG never even made. It would be great to have larger value BG's but I have never seen any.

I should clarify, I don't use the STD series of BG's because I find there are others that do as well. I do like the FK and more, the nonpolar series. Since there are no nonpolar made in the size and none that would ever fit, for me, I would use others.

And the price on ebay for those 3300uf std BG's is too high, by at least 6 dollars.

I ordered a couple of the STD 3300uf BG's just to have them and some more nonpolar, as that is what I really like.

I am listening to the fi.Q with my JH13 pros. On low gain the amp is silent, and even on mid gain. The dynamic range and sense of power is excellent. I have been using the fi.Q mostly with head phones but the low bass that comes through on the 13's, that is absolutely controlled is exciting. Now to try some different opamps and maybe stack one more buf634. Oh, the high frequencies on this amp are free from any artificial overlay and I don't notice any peak in the frequency range, just smooth dynamic sound. This is definitely a portable that will work as a home amp.

I have been using the Grado HF2 with this amp and the results are excellent. I almost like the sound more than the JH13's just because of the control and open sound.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #320 of 497
The NX BG caps that I modded my D10 with made a big difference on its bass. I'm using an Ety ER4P and with just over 600hrs on the BGs, the D10's bass is just amazing. However, they are very expensive.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #321 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NX BG caps that I modded my D10 with made a big difference on its bass. I'm using an Ety ER4P and with just over 600hrs on the BGs, the D10's bass is just amazing. However, they are very expensive.

Hi,
It is purchase prerequisite?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #322 of 497
is it possible to buy this amp without opamps or buffers?? I have all I could need to fill this amp more than once and do not need to buy more.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #323 of 497
Nov 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #324 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible to buy this amp without opamps or buffers?? I have all I could need to fill this amp more than once and do not need to buy more.

2nd that. It will be good too if we can buy just the UTSJ 10000uF/16V from ryuzoh since we are diyer and paying $125 for a few more buf635 and rolling opamp seems expensive.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #325 of 497
Quote:

We're preparing basic as least config. (see #1) for DIYers like you.
If requested, caps can be unsoldered.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #326 of 497
cool, yeah even no caps except for the 10000uf would be sweet
wink.gif
and yeah, I do not need ANY opamps, not least
wink.gif
i'm also going to see if the new discrete buffer PCBs I just ordered will fit instead of buf634
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #327 of 497
Quote:

cool, yeah even no caps except for the 10000uf would be sweet
wink.gif
and yeah, I do not need ANY opamps, not least
wink.gif
i'm also going to see if the new discrete buffer PCBs I just ordered will fit instead of buf634
wink.gif

But the option as unsoldered caps will start from 2nd batch as our product.
And I do have to state no discounting can be accepted from "Standard/Basic" w/ $349.
Reason why is keeping MOQ of parts.

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #328 of 497
ryuzoh, can we buy the UTSJ 10000uF/16V from you if we are getting just the basic set?

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #329 of 497
Quote:

ryuzoh, can we buy the UTSJ 10000uF/16V from you if we are getting just the basic set?

From 2nd batch, also can be accepted.
But slightly get higher ($13).

And for warranty, I recommend you to use official mod service.
Because we are going to apply same policy as iBasso.

"This warranty does not cover batteries, and is void when failure is due to: damage from water, modification/alteration, unauthorized service, misuse, abuse, use with incompatible accessories, or when failure occurs outside of the one year duration of this warranty."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back