iBasso OEM Project
Nov 6, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #301 of 497
The dacs that will be used should offer some outstanding sound. I am listening to a MB-1 and the separation, bass, and depth would be great for a home unit but for a portable it is truly reference.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #302 of 497
im confused, & also new here, i read through the 1st few pages, then skipped to the last few pages....so im guessing this is no longer an amp and now a dac ? & because of that no longer sub 200.00 amp was ever created.....or is this a new project

Nov 7, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #303 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotyofire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im confused, & also new here, i read through the 1st few pages, then skipped to the last few pages....so im guessing this is no longer an amp and now a dac ? & because of that no longer sub 200.00 amp was ever created.....or is this a new project

The original OEM project is an amp, and the first batch is going to ship shortly. The next batches will have slightly different configurations. Not sure when they will ship.

The DAC is a separate project.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #305 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The dacs that will be used should offer some outstanding sound. I am listening to a MB-1 and the separation, bass, and depth would be great for a home unit but for a portable it is truly reference.

Thank you for a wonderful review and the evaluation.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #307 of 497
BG Maxxed version only consist of
4 BG N 33uF/16V
2 BG STD 47uF/16V
2 BG FK 47uF/16V?

Is there a mistake somewhere in the values?

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #309 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BG Maxxed version only consist of
4 BG N 33uF/16V
2 BG STD 47uF/16V
2 BG FK 47uF/16V?

No, the BG also requires Toshin UTSJ (silver huge caps below and used in D4 as coupling).
p3c-project

The caps are obtainable in Japan only.
We can supply and you need not buy them by yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I buy Fi-Q in the iBasso website?

Absolutely not.

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #310 of 497
Ryuzoh, I'm awaiting notification now of shipping/payment etc.... but can you clarify one more time for me what the 'Basic' set up is that I am buying. I will max it out later but just need to understand exactly what I'm gonna get. I did e-mail you earlier.

Many thanks Ryuzoh.

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #311 of 497
ryuzoh, do update us on the price to upgrade the caps to BG Maxxed for the 1st batch. Why not use BG in place of Toshin UTSJ too? Will there be a instruction manual for the fi.Quest amp? there seems to be L, R and Gnd socket with one buffer socket for each channel right?

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #312 of 497
BG doesn't make a larger uf cap that would fit for the largest value caps in the fi.Q. Also the BG's in that version are in the best spots to influence the sound in a positive way since they are close to the chips.

The amp has separate L, R and separate buffers as well as the ground. You can stack buffers as well. The possibilities with the amp regarding configurations is huge. The number of really great op amps to try while utilizing a voltage swing and current supply to power any headphone is going to be a joy for users.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #313 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ryuzoh, I'm awaiting notification now of shipping/payment etc.... but can you clarify one more time for me what the 'Basic' set up is that I am buying. I will max it out later but just need to understand exactly what I'm gonna get. I did e-mail you earlier.

Okay, see below and you can understand what you have to buy...

Prices and each config.

But for 1st batch users, you have to pay iBasso via paypal and special pages in there. (authentication required to buy)
I'm also awaiting its completion of pages.
Why is 1st batch aren't dealt as our product.

Quote:

do update us on the price to upgrade the caps to BG Maxxed for the 1st batch.

I can't.
Because...that's a very sensitive issue
frown.gif

As you know, BGs are very precious caps and I can't assure to secure enough numbers of them.
Purchasing on your own is the best way to avoid any troubles with.

Quote:

Why not use BG in place of Toshin UTSJ too?

If BGs would applied on there.....the amp will provide excess of bass and dull sound.

Quote:

Will there be a instruction manual for the fi.Quest amp? there seems to be L, R and Gnd socket with one buffer socket for each channel right?

Sure for instructions.
And, know-how will be more sophisticated the more you use.

p3c-project

There has 3 buffer sockets (you can apply unity-gain stable OPAMPs also) in the pic.
Upper buffer socket is GNDch socket but it will be effected with 4ch architecture only.
And you can manually change 3ch and 4ch architecture by the switch (like gain setting of P3) on the right of GNDch buffer socket.
(I don't like 4ch architecture actually.... it gives DC)
Mid and lower are L/R buffer sockets and sticked with stacked BUF634Ps.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #315 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ryuzoh, could you check your e-mail and get back to me. I thought we were paying you?

Sure, mail you back asap.

And I answer "No" for 1st batch.
From 2nd batch, the amp will join into our product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back