iBasso IT01 vs VSonic GR07 vs Shure SE 215
Aug 5, 2019 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Eargasmman

New Head-Fier
Which one has a better build? Which one would be better for the genres I listen to? ( hip-hop/rap, EDM, and podcasts).

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 8
I have not heard the it01. I was not personally a fan of the SE215, overall I just didn't like the build or fit of them. Gr07 was my gateway drug into this hobby. After not finding what I was looking for I took to the internet and upon giving my information I was immediately told to grab the GR07, and I couldn't have been happier that it was my first real dive into IEM's. I've since upgraded pretty significantly, but they felt great to wear, they sounded ideal for me. There is some concerns about them being sibilant, and it wasn't until I tried a great many other things that I realized what it truly meant, and I definitely see what people mean.

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 8
I have not heard the it01. I was not personally a fan of the SE215, overall I just didn't like the build or fit of them. Gr07 was my gateway drug into this hobby. After not finding what I was looking for I took to the internet and upon giving my information I was immediately told to grab the GR07, and I couldn't have been happier that it was my first real dive into IEM's. I've since upgraded pretty significantly, but they felt great to wear, they sounded ideal for me. There is some concerns about them being sibilant, and it wasn't until I tried a great many other things that I realized what it truly meant, and I definitely see what people mean.
What do you use as your music player?

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 8
What do you use as your music player?

Most of it was just done using my computer or my phone with the GR07. I did also use my ES100 both as BT Receiver, and as a USB DAC with them. Today I use still my computer, but now a JDS Labs Atom. GR07 are super easy to drive, so shouldn't be too much issue to use anything.

I mostly stream from spotify premium but have some of my own music collection.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Most of it was just done using my computer or my phone with the GR07. I did also use my ES100 both as BT Receiver, and as a USB DAC with them. Today I use still my computer, but now a JDS Labs Atom. GR07 are super easy to drive, so shouldn't be too much issue to use anything.

I mostly stream from spotify premium but have some of my own music collection.
Gotcha. I'm thinking of buying a Sony NW-A45 Walkman--do you think that will make a difference in terms of sound quality? Or would I be good using my android phone?

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm not the biggest believer in all of this extra gear. I also don't understand dedicated media players. But thats me personally. If anything, I'd look into a portable Dac/Amp combo as it would give more ability to interchange items as time moved on. Anything that can be interchangeable down the line is more "future proof" in my opinion. Like what happens when the new Sony comes out? If you get a new phone, but still have a good Dac/Amp, you can just use it with that phone.

There will be people MUCH MUCH more knowledgeable on this topic than I am, but sometimes i think people buy these super expensive DAPs and its like a placebo effect about how much better they sound.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 8
IT01. I’ve owned all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back