iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 29, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #2,161 of 3,079
remove grill from other side too, there is difference in sound for sure (not night&day ofc) :wink:

May 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #2,162 of 3,079
Don't know how, but I have started to have random cuts on the outer plastic sheath of the wire. :triportsad:
Didn't put it against anything sharp, now there are 3-4 cuts like that throughout the wire.

GXFpcRf.jpg

May 30, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #2,163 of 3,079
Sorry but this doesn`t seem like iBasso quality issue :thinking:

May 30, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #2,166 of 3,079
I used a pin, inserted at the rim of the tip as show in the picture, between the outer ruim and the grills. I used one pin with a straight tip and one with a bent tip, making it a tiny hook.
If you don't want to keep the grills, you can always pears through the middle, the nozzle tube is ca 10mm deep (0.4 inch).

Thanks for the great detail. :D

Had to abandon the final tips and go back to spinfits. I don't know why but except for spinfits, no tips remain sealed in my ears.

If you're looking for cheap replacements, New Bee eartips have a very similar fit to spinfits. I think my ears are like yours, nothing fits except spinfits and these.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #2,167 of 3,079
Had to abandon the final tips and go back to spinfits. I don't know why but except for spinfits, no tips remain sealed in my ears.
is that the stock eartips from final earphones, or did you buy the eartips alone?
there are actually three different pairs of M-size eartips from E2k.

I'm using one of the final's eartips (the brown-necked M), and it somehow sounds even brighter than the stock IT01 tips
Currently alternating between those and the spiral dots -- the spiral dots seems to be bringing back the lost mid-bass that I crave

May 31, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,168 of 3,079
is that the stock eartips from final earphones, or did you buy the eartips alone?
there are actually three different pairs of M-size eartips from E2k.

I'm using one of the final's eartips (the brown-necked M), and it somehow sounds even brighter than the stock IT01 tips
Currently alternating between those and the spiral dots -- the spiral dots seems to be bringing back the lost mid-bass that I crave
E type which I also believe comes with E2000. I bought them separately though. They sell packs that come with all sizes inside and I tried the SS, S and M sizes. They seem to seal OK at first, but after some minutes of normal head movement or walking around, or just after a given amount of time sitting down, the fit worsens.

I don't actually mind Spinfits, I just was interested in trying another tip to test any sound changes, but nothing seems to fit as well. I've had to use them on the past like 4 or 5 iems I've used. I could try the Spiral Dots or Acoustune tips but figure the situation would be the same.

May 31, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #2,169 of 3,079
Well... I don`t have M50x (didn`t quite like its sound so much either) but I have Fidelio X1 (with custom cable) and IT01 comes awfully close, if not better in some areas.
Some, to who I have given X1 & IT01 to listen briefly out of my source gear, have said that they prefer IT01 sound (probably due to great isolation + in-canal sound and thus better detail retrieval) and all have also said that soundstage effects/mastering comes out even better than X1 (which has great soundstage and layering with proper gear and amping).
But take this with little grain of salt because they don`t let brain to adjust with sound signature for longer time. I still think X1 has better (huge & holographic) soundstage.
IT01 wins in bass/percussion tightness & kick. Mids and highs sound actually very similar and overall sound signature is also very similar.
I would say that who likes X1 will like IT01 certainly and opposite too.

I own both the ATH-M50x and the IT01. The IT01 sounds a little bit more compressed overall. But vocals are much more upfront on the IT01 and more recessed on the M50x. Mids are thicker on the IT01 especially in the lower mid region. Both are aggressive sounding and have some bite but the tuning of the IT01 has it less in the upper mid/lower treble region. The IT01 has more sub bass but the M50x bass seems slightly quicker. The M50x has a leg up on spacing between instruments but not by much. If there are times when you need an IEM to carry around rather than toting the M50x, I'd say the IT01 would complement the M50x well. Personally, I'm liking the IT01 more than the M50x and reaching for it more in situations when I'm at home. For ear tips, I'm using Auvio Wide Bore Tips. And another note, when I first received the IT01 I thought they were quite bassy. But with some brain burn-in and tip rolling and settling on the wide bore tip style, I find them to be a bit more balanced now. And the isolation? These isolate much more than the M50x. No comparison really.

Thank you very much guys. Now I am considering the it01 even more. Sometimes when listening with the ATH-M50x I feel like somebody is taking the sound and trying to beat me to death with it. Maybe it's because of the lack of soundstage.. I will have to go and try the it01 my self. Do you have any tips for some other iems that I should consider? :) thank you! :)

May 31, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #2,170 of 3,079
Finished testing some more tweaks @ IT01... I think I got it! Punchy/crumbly bass is back (if not better detailed) along with open-back mod. Percussion also hits with authority and more transparent/detailed. I`m just tapping my toes and banging head again LOL ;P
Would like to compare head-to-head with stock one and do measurements to see difference I`m hearing (if not placebo - I belive not).
Tomorrow will install plates permanently ;P
Tweak hint - 2.25mm x 1.9mm(3.1mm)

Atm listening Tesseract - Smile (from Sonder album) and having shivers ;P

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #2,171 of 3,079
Don't know how, but I have started to have random cuts on the outer plastic sheath of the wire. :triportsad:
Didn't put it against anything sharp, now there are 3-4 cuts like that throughout the wire.

GXFpcRf.jpg
Better watch out for them mother****in' cockroaches, they love partying on new head gears. I joke you not.
I forgot to put my it01 into the case one time before I go to sleep and they ate the whole goddamn foam tips off.
Those motherf**kers......

May 31, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,175 of 3,079
Anyone here owns a pair of these (Brainwavz B400)? How do they compare with the IT01? Step up? Downgrade? Sidegrade? TIA!

The B400 is warmer overall, with better detail and separation though it always strikes me as veiled. The IT01 has more of an L-shape sound signature, and crushes the B400 on bass and has better treble. The B400 has a more relaxed presentation with more of a balanced sound.

To me, it's a sidegrade. I like the two of them for different reasons, and one doesn't easily replace the other. If you are super into bass, the IT01 is an easy choice. If you want as much detail and resolution as possible (especially in the mids), the B400 is the winner. But, **** it, man. Get both. They are both outstanding at their price points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back