iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Apr 2, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #1,816 of 3,079
Dual vent holes...interesting.
Nothing special, one is for nozzle chamber, second for back chamber which is just exited other way as usual. Imo, those port holes are placed really well as they don`t seem to be blocked by average ear shape, at least I don`t have problems with it. But despite the port holes, I`m sometimes having driver-flex, probably because of too fast insertion with deep fit - air can`t escape so quickly through port hole "filter" material (which is probably very "tight").
I will probably open my IT01 soon. I just need to make little "bracket" for opening, to not damage shells.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #1,817 of 3,079
Bold claim time: I feel like this might be the best headphone under $100, including all styles. I can't think of another product that offers this mix of sound quality, build, ergonomics and price, even an over ear. Granted I haven't heard a lot of other headphones than the ones I've owned but I'd be curious to know if anyone else in this thread knows of an over-ear that is as transparently fun in sound and well-designed as a device.

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,818 of 3,079
If we're including all headphones/earphones, then I'm not totally sure I'd say the IT01 is better than the KSC75, and I bet there are some earbuds that are as good or better. But those are open/non-isolating, so obviously different usage.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #1,819 of 3,079
Hi PopZeus,

You're not far wrong, I would certainly put IT 01 up there as among the best value for sound & price, (I have heard ) I did mention this already in the thread several pages back & some did poo poo the idea but as stated, this is subjective & personal.

As to an over ear with similar, that is an even bigger worm can I will not partake in so it's best to reserve judgement.

Hope you have a great day !

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #1,820 of 3,079
Apr 6, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,821 of 3,079
I have to say that these are very good, but I have quite a bothering problem - around 10kHz (but goes from 7-12kHz) I feel an excessive boost which is leading to vocals (most of female and higher-pitch male vocals) being somehow...grainy(??), feeling a bit distorted. A touch of sibilance too.
Should not be the case of a source, I use Dragonfly Red, which is shall not be "bright".

Can anyone confirm similar findings?

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #1,822 of 3,079
I have to say that these are very good, but I have quite a bothering problem - around 10kHz (but goes from 7-12kHz) I feel an excessive boost which is leading to vocals (most of female and higher-pitch male vocals) being somehow...grainy(??), feeling a bit distorted. A touch of sibilance too.
Should not be the case of a source, I use Dragonfly Red, which is shall not be "bright".
Haven`t found anything like this with my quite large and different genres music collection yet.
I usually go for The Mars Volta - Deloused in Comatorium for exessive male vocal brigthness... no problems there. And I`m quite sensitive to 6.2-7.5kHz.

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #1,823 of 3,079
So this came in the mail a couple of days ago :L3000:

2ncjGQH.jpg

The IT01s does scale well with balanced. More so with the ZX300 - it sounds fantastic! Not sure if this cable needs burn in but my initial impressions on going balanced with the IT01s is that it seems to have improved dynamics, separation and soundstage.
Could you please tell me where you got this cable from?..any link would be great . Thanks

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #1,824 of 3,079
I belive it is DIY cable. I`m making similar one for my ZS5v1. Cable can be bought from AE. 2-pin/mmcx/jack - Your choice. Cable itself isn`t nowhere near soft like IT01 stock cable but it isn`t very stiff either, quite ok actually but bit stiffer side despite braiding style (it is teflon covered not soft PVC/silicone like IT01 cable). Cable measures quite well - around 0.3Ohm for 1.5m.

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #1,825 of 3,079
Bold claim time: I feel like this might be the best headphone under $100, including all styles. I can't think of another product that offers this mix of sound quality, build, ergonomics and price, even an over ear. Granted I haven't heard a lot of other headphones than the ones I've owned but I'd be curious to know if anyone else in this thread knows of an over-ear that is as transparently fun in sound and well-designed as a device.

Fully agree with u mate. I'm up to 100++ hrs on my pair and they still impress me with its resolution and soundstage. I listen to a mix of edm, classical and rock, it does it all so well. At this price range, it's literally a steal!

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,826 of 3,079
I am not having a fitment issue with the IT01, at least as far as nozzle length applies, but I was with a different product.

My solution was to sacrifice a single small silicone tip for the solution. I turned it inside out to access the part that slides over the nozzle. I cut it to produce 3 equally sized silicone rings. 1 for each ear and an extra. Or you can throw away the third one. Its the length that's important. More than about a third long and the actual ear tip won't stay on and you'll be fishing it from your ear. I've also found that if I get the inexpensive Chinese foamies instead of Comply brand that I can get ones with a smaller nozzle diameter than the standard 4.9mm. I have some in both 4.5mm and 4.0mm sizes. Makes them tighter on the shortened nozzle that remains after the spacer. Of course this doesn't apply to silicone tips which I end up using more often despite my preference for foamies.

Thank you, than you, thank you.
Without spacers the spiral dots move along the nozzle, it really sucked, and the iem sound congested.
With hand made spacers, it01 and spiral dots are amazing.
Now I am so happy!

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #1,827 of 3,079
Thank you, than you, thank you.
Without spacers the spiral dots move along the nozzle, it really sucked, and the iem sound congested.
With hand made spacers, it01 and spiral dots are amazing.
Now I am so happy!
+1
I also did that and result is better for sure. But I prefer Auvio S pushed all the way down to aluminium nozzle against plastic body, so tip edge is about 3mm over the nozzle mesh surface.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #1,828 of 3,079

Dude, I thought I was going crazy. I am debating returning these because I thought the speakers were blown or something...it sounds like harsh overdistortion, I can hear it at certain points in certain tracks, but it's all over the place. For example, start of Poison by Alice Cooper and Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes, especially on the right channel. When that gutiar is blasting, and when it pans to the right in Poison, I hear this very uncomfortable overdistorted grainy sizzle that makes me think the speaker is damaged...I'm not sure if that's just how they sound? It certainly doesn't happen in all songs nor all distorted guitars, but it happens often enough that I can say I'm not just imagining things...

I don't think it's enough to justify an RMA which is the sad part :frowning2: if it's supposed to sound like this then that's very disappointing and distracting, because the sound otherwise is pretty great. I was about to write here about my impressions but this has been bothering me too much and I was thinking about asking anyone else if this is just the way it sounds...I'm glad I'm not the only one at least, I suppose...

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,829 of 3,079
Dude, I thought I was going crazy. I am debating returning these because I thought the speakers were blown or something...it sounds like harsh overdistortion, I can hear it at certain points in certain tracks, but it's all over the place. For example, start of Poison by Alice Cooper and Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes, especially on the right channel. When that gutiar is blasting, and when it pans to the right in Poison, I hear this very uncomfortable overdistorted grainy sizzle that makes me think the speaker is damaged...I'm not sure if that's just how they sound? It certainly doesn't happen in all songs nor all distorted guitars, but it happens often enough that I can say I'm not just imagining things...

I don't think it's enough to justify an RMA which is the sad part :frowning2: if it's supposed to sound like this then that's very disappointing and distracting, because the sound otherwise is pretty great. I was about to write here about my impressions but this has been bothering me too much and I was thinking about asking anyone else if this is just the way it sounds...I'm glad I'm not the only one at least, I suppose...
I have no such problems with "owner of a lonely heart" .. how many hours have you burned them in?

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,830 of 3,079
I did about 100 hours on normal listening volume, not too loud, almost minimum level on the A3, connected to an X1. This is the same volume I listen to them on. I let them rest for a few hours every day I was burning them in last week. I haven't bumped them or damaged them physically in any way, I was pretty careful with them through and through

Users who are viewing this thread

Back