iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,486 of 3,079
Just got word boys and girls...

The IT04 will be released some time in April and the DX150 will be released later this month!

Mar 6, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #1,487 of 3,079
Just got word boys and girls...

The IT04 will be released some time in April and the DX150 will be released later this month!
Awesome news!! Are there going to be official threads for the DX 150 and the IT04? I mean the silence re: the it04 is scary!

Mar 6, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #1,489 of 3,079
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,490 of 3,079
I think I prefer the IT01s to the PM-3s, which are 4x the price. And yeah, I love the stock cable, but it's a bit fancy looking for my daily commute. I don't like advertising that I'm wearing nice headphones. So I got a cheapo balanced cable that doesn't look too nice either.

Settled on these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077GLL1BZ/

I'm pretty sure the stock cable is nicer (the OFC in the FiiO cable is fine but the wire is very thin) but these are balanced and the ear hooks work really well with the IT01's shape, so they've become my daily driver (with a 3.5mm SE adapter).

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #1,491 of 3,079
I think I prefer the IT01s to the PM-3s, which are 4x the price. And yeah, I love the stock cable, but it's a bit fancy looking for my daily commute. I don't like advertising that I'm wearing nice headphones. So I got a cheapo balanced cable that doesn't look too nice either.

Settled on these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077GLL1BZ/

I'm pretty sure the stock cable is nicer (the OFC in the FiiO cable is fine but the wire is very thin) but these are balanced and the ear hooks work really well with the IT01's shape, so they've become my daily driver (with a 3.5mm SE adapter).
Companies should always be able to work together. It is about enjoying the music! Glad you found a solution.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 7, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,492 of 3,079
I actually ordered the step up fiio balanced cable for these ($32 versus $16) and the stock ibasso cable is easily nicer than the more expensive cable too....

Now I just need my hiby r6 so I can actually use them. I'm thinking this is a pair that will really benefit from a balanced out. I really like the idea for the it04 of including a balanced cable with 3.5 mm adapter so we don't have to buy a completely new, different and possibly inferior cable that could color the sound differently.

Also, I also own PM-3s and am generally disappointed in them and agree that I prefer the it01 over them, but I also prefer the tfz e5 over them.... Basically, I don't like the oppo all that much at all. Not sure why there is so much love for them quite frankly.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #1,493 of 3,079
I actually ordered the step up fiio balanced cable for these ($32 versus $16) and the stock ibasso cable is easily nicer than the more expensive cable too....

Now I just need my hiby r6 so I can actually use them. I'm thinking this is a pair that will really benefit from a balanced out. I really like the idea for the it04 of including a balanced cable with 3.5 mm adapter so we don't have to buy a completely new, different and possibly inferior cable that could color the sound differently.

Also, I also own PM-3s and am generally disappointed in them and agree that I prefer the it01 over them, but I also prefer the tfz e5 over them.... Basically, I don't like the oppo all that much at all. Not sure why there is so much love for them quite frankly.
I would get the DX150. Great detail and slam, excellent sounding dap. Nice to have the interchange amps as well.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,494 of 3,079
I think it's a bit of over hype. When I criticize I'm looking at it from a non-budgetary standpoint. For 99 dollars these are a straight up freaking steal. Can they truly compete with more expensive IEMs? In some ways yes, in some ways no. Nothing's perfect after all.

They are wonderful for 100 dollars and set the bar pretty high, which should shame some other companies for their pricing...
I've posted in a couple of other spots...and I hate to ask for a rec in this thread...but what would be a reasonably-priced step up? Been out of the IEM game for a bit, but I have Shure SCL4 & Monster Miles Davis Tribute as my slightly-more-expensive-than-basic IEMs. ZS6 are also getting tons of hype but I can afford to go higher...and I don't want to wait a month for shipping (impatient, heh).

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,495 of 3,079

Looks like it's time to sell the Oppo's!

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #1,496 of 3,079
So this came in the mail a couple of days ago :L3000:

2ncjGQH.jpg

The IT01s does scale well with balanced. More so with the ZX300 - it sounds fantastic! Not sure if this cable needs burn in but my initial impressions on going balanced with the IT01s is that it seems to have improved dynamics, separation and soundstage.

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,497 of 3,079
I always like to see people speaking realistically about audio. "[T]hey're very, very good, but they're not a complete game changer." That is exactly right. Personally, I might go so far as to say that, for their sound signature, the IT01 is the best option at $100. Or that I am surprised they aren't priced at $150. Or even that they would be competitive (i.e., still manage to sell some units) at $200, given the overall package. But, generally companies understand how good their product is and price it accordingly. There are some cases, like the IT01, in which a product is priced aggressively or offers exceptional value at its price-point, but that standard review cliche of "this thing beats stuff 3 or 4 times its price!" is tiring, unhelpful, and leads to an inevitable backlash when the hypetrain goes flying off the rails.

There might have been a time that these would have been marketed at $200 but given the competitive nature of the market eith ever expanding options you will find companies design something of a winner and just go super aggressive with pricing so they essentially wipe out the competition in between a broader range of price points at least until something else comes along. Not to say these won't have longevity i judt mean in general.

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #1,499 of 3,079
9937235_l.jpg

I don`t understand... did My country customs send it back to Penon for some reason or it left from there for final local delivery?
I hope they didn`t return them! -.-

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #1,500 of 3,079
9937235_l.jpg

I don`t understand... did My country customs send it back to Penon for some reason or it left from there for final local delivery?
I hope they didn`t return them! -.-
That usually means returned from Customs to the logistics company (shipping company) after clearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back