iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,171 of 3,079
Those look great but that’s not what the production ones look like. This is the final version...

Well, that's unexpected..
Assuming this is not a joke (IEM's in the pic are branded "InTune", not "iBasso", but have the IT03 style shell shape).. :p

As I mentioned, I was manning the iBasso stall at CanJam London with @jamato8 and we had a demo IT04 there (which I totally fell in love with at first listen).
I talked to @Paul - iBasso about them, and how amazing they sounded.

I remember him saying they were still tweaking the tuning a few months later and that they sounded even better (!) now.
Then I found out that they'd switched to wooden shells. And a lot of time taken to get them just right.

So I'm quite surprised about this sudden development! When was this decided? And what were the factors that changed their thinking behind it? And why do they say "InTune" and not "iBasso"? :D
I'm not complaining at all, just curious to understand more about the R&D process :)

I know that whatever iBasso do, it's because they think it'll result in the best sounding and best quality product and the most accessible price.
They've proved this repeatedly, so I've no issues on that front :wink:

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,172 of 3,079
Assuming this is not a joke (IEM's in the pic are branded "InTune", not "iBasso", but have the IT03 style shell shape).. :p

As I mentioned, I was manning the iBasso stall at CanJam London with @jamato8 and we had a demo IT04 there (which I totally fell in love with at first listen).

I remember him saying they were still tweaking the tuning a few months later and that they sounded even better (!) now.
Then I found out that they'd switched to wooden shells. And a lot of time taken to get them just right.

So I'm quite surprised about this sudden development! When was this decided? And what were the factors that changed their thinking behind it? And why do they say "InTune" and not "iBasso"? :D
I'm not complaining at all, just curious to understand more about the R&D process :)

I know that whatever iBasso do, it's because they think it'll result in the best sounding and best quality product and the most accessible price.

You´re serious? What do you think "IT" stands for......? :wink:

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,174 of 3,079

IT stands for IN TUNE. It’s part of the branding. Wait until you guys hear them!

It’s not a joke...I’m here with John and we each have a pair here.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,175 of 3,079
Well they sound AWESOME. They've only been burned in for a week and they have the same dynamic drivers as the IT01...Everyone who's heard them were loving them because...once again, they're sounding like IEM's that are WAY more expensive. They are going to be $499 and the IT04's are complete. This is the final design, sound sig, etc. They are built...and going to be ready to be sold right after Chinese New Year from what we're told.
So those Knowles BAs are so good they're worth $200 a piece? Honestly I don't understand why the IT04 would be 5x as expensive if its the same DD as the IT01 + 1 BA + a crossover I'd expect since obviously the DD is full spectrum. What am I missing here? A solid gold cable? Diamonds in the shell?

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,176 of 3,079
LOL you’re funny. The IT04 has three Knowles drivers and one dynamic driver.

You bring up $200/driver...really?

How much does Hifiman charge for just a single dynamic driver? Hmmm?

So please...Don’t put a spin on this.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,177 of 3,079
So those Knowles BAs are so good they're worth $200 a piece? Honestly I don't understand why the IT04 would be 5x as expensive if its the same DD as the IT01 + 1 BA + a crossover I'd expect since obviously the DD is full spectrum. What am I missing here? A solid gold cable? Diamonds in the shell?

I don't think that is how you should calculate things in the long run, there's much much much more that goes in a IEM than the standalone cost of its components :)

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,178 of 3,079
IT stands for IN TUNE. It’s part of the branding. Wait until you guys hear them!

It’s not a joke...I’m here with John and we each have a pair here.

I didn't really think it was a joke lol, I was just expecting them to be made of wood, so I was quite surprised!
And regarding the 'IT' part, that's funny; it's one of those "obviously staring you in the face" things that I completely failed to notice :p

My word, I'm excited about these IEM's though!
I've been saying for ages (to anyone who will listen, haha) that the IT04 were going to be incredible since I first heard a demo model back in July last year.

And that, given how the IT01 and DX20 both compete vastly above their price point, I expect the IT04 to be so good - possibly competing with TOTL IEM's - as to be almost disruptive to the market (which I think is what iBasso are already doing in various ways with the IT01 and DX200).

(I also even said to @Paul - iBasso at the time that the IT01 could easily have an extra $50 - $100 added to the price and still be great value too - I still stand by that, but maybe it's a good thing that he didn't listen to me) :wink:

Feb 18, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,179 of 3,079
I hope we either actually get the wooden shell as an option or a different colour without that "InTune" thing.

I like shells to either have no branding (or minuscule as IT01), or just full camp like NICEHCK Bro. That writing - to me - just looks less "professional" than the IT01 black.

What about the cable? I guess I'd be happy if it was the same of IT01.
What alternatives does iBasso have anyway, they can't go balanced and kill their own cable sales.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,180 of 3,079

It could be the fancy shells (that I don't like btw - would just like to point that out again) & configuration

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #1,181 of 3,079
I hope we either actually get the wooden shell as an option or a different colour without that "InTune" thing.

I like shells to either have no branding (or minuscule as IT01), or just full camp like NICEHCK Bro. That writing - to me - just looks less "professional" than the IT01 black.

What about the cable? I guess I'd be happy if it was the same of IT01.
What alternatives does iBasso have anyway, they can't go balanced and kill their own cable sales.

I hear you...but don't get your hopes up man. In Tune is their logo...so I expect to see it on the other production models. Changing to the wood would change the sound signature...that's for sure. To do a run of one off's is expensive but for the right price...anything can be done right? lol

This comes with the CB12 cable and the single ended connecting adapter. So you are getting some phenomenal cables with this. Many of the guys we showed these IEM's at the show to these last two days LOVED the IT04's...and the IT01's got a TON of attention.

Everything we showed off this weekend...including the PB3 balanced amp is fighting WAY above their weight class. Take that for what it's worth...I don't care. I can only go by what the reactions people had at the CanJam...and that overwhelmingly positive.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,183 of 3,079
LOL

no.

:wink:

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #1,185 of 3,079
The IT01 surely has spoiled us with its excellent performance and affordability. And this is despite direct suggestions for iBasso to sell 'em at a higher price point.

With that in mind, I'm currently having a hard time justifying the price hike considering its built with the same DD as an IT01. As a user already posted, the commonly used knowles drivers chosen arent worth a few hundred dollars extra. $499 should at least buy us a wooden shell.

Where the heck is all the extra money going towards, given the budget and performance oriented reputation of iBasso?

These dont lure me to blow my load quick. Like that one time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back