iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,351 of 3,079
I used to be asked that about RSA because I really liked Ray's offerings. Then Woo Audio because I did some reviews and offered modifications (I didn't do them, just showed what I did). Then HiFiman because I have visited with Fang at his factory in China and have a lot of his products. etc. etc. Oh, and when Xin was making amps and I used to visit with him at his home. Nope, I just buy a lot of equipment and know what I like and what I hear from years of experience.

He thought I was affiliated with iBasso as an employee as well.

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #1,352 of 3,079
He thought I was affiliated with iBasso as an employee as well.

Yes, it's true i'm paranoid, :wink: but you said you worked at the booth, so that's technically affiliated isn't it? Or maybe not, (like anyone cares :D )

I just like to check sometimes. It's the money you see. :)

Anyways, with all the, hype, hyperbole, excitement, expenditures, and general lunacy, it's enough to make your head spin. Come here and, "Sorry about your wallet", isn't that what they use to say?

So true :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,353 of 3,079
Yes, it's true i'm paranoid, :wink: but you said you worked at the booth, so that's technically affiliated isn't it? Or maybe not, (like anyone cares :D )

I just like to check sometimes. It's the money you see. :)

Anyways, with all the, hype, hyperbole, excitement, expenditures, and general lunacy, it's enough to make your head spin. Come here, "sorry about your wallet"; isn't that what they use to say?

So true :)

As a general rule of thumb, it is just that iBasso is that good... :)

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,354 of 3,079
Yeah, but there is this dude that pops in here every now and then named Paul. I'm almost certain he works for iBasso... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #1,355 of 3,079
LOL yes Phthora...Paul is iBasso's rep here on Head-fi.

Jamato8, Layman, and I have worked at the iBasso booths for different CanJam's. That 's because we're fans and supporters of the product line, not because we are employees. George is right, they have a great product line that has a huge fan base. More often than not the hype is duly earned.

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #1,356 of 3,079
I knew it!

He should really be more up-front about that. You know, make it clearer in his name and avatar that he is affiliated with iBasso. Maybe include something in his signature line too. Head-Fi could even designate such people somehow, so when you see their posts you know who they are.

So sad when people don't pay attention to details like that...

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,357 of 3,079
I knew it!

He should really be more up-front about that. You know, make it clearer in his name and avatar that he is affiliated with iBasso. Maybe include something in his signature line too. Head-Fi could even designate such people somehow, so when you see their posts you know who they are.

So sad when people don't pay attention to details like that...
To clear the air on the AMP4, yes we will be producing it again. The demand has been overwhelming and since it can be used with 2.5 TRRS with our adapter its unique open sound can be enjoyed by people using 4.4 or 2.5. Thank you to everyone for your enthusiastic responses.

His name says it all. Paul - iBasso Sponsor

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,359 of 3,079
I was. Paul was the reason I joined Head-Fi, back when all I had was an iBasso D14, a pair of Shures, and a savings account. His engagement with the community has always been as stellar as the products iBasso makes.

I guess my dry humor is not as clear as I had thought...

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,360 of 3,079
I guess my dry humor is not as clear as I had thought.

That happens a lot on headfi :)

My IT01 is currently burning in. They arrived Friday but I have been unable to listen much at all due to an earache caused by a tooth that is coming out Wednesday:frowning2: What fun. I guess they will get the 200 hours burn in before I really have a chance to listen. I do know they work. I had to put them in my ears long enough to set the volume level of my desktop amp. From what I did hear, I know I will enjoy them.

They look beautiful. I got the black ones. Love the cable. The part that goes over the ear is easier for me to work with than it is on some of my others .. .I have long hair and some over ear cables get tangled in it. Because of that I generally prefer iems that just go straight in and are worn cable down. The hype got to me and I just had to have these :)

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,361 of 3,079
Happy to report the iFI iEMatch works as advertised (it isn't rocket science so why wouldn't it?), no more hissing on my IT01.

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,362 of 3,079
I just have to say, discovering that some earbuds are detachable with MMCX blew my mind. I only recently began wondering if there were earbuds out there that were detachable, because I’d want to be able to switch between connected and wireless/Bluetooth. (I hadn’t been on here in 2 years).

I’m so glad I found these (I started at the Fiio F9, waaayyy to sibilant and treble happy for me) and I was almost about to buy the Pioneer SE CH9T.

When I googled “mmcx Bluetooth”, I found the Westone Full Res Bluetooth cable and dang near cried.

This was my first time spending so much money on earbuds! $200 - $99 for the buds and $99 for the Westone.

I couldn’t be any happier ^_^

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,363 of 3,079
I just have to say, discovering that some earbuds are detachable with MMCX blew my mind. I only recently began wondering if there were earbuds out there that were detachable, because I’d want to be able to switch between connected and wireless/Bluetooth. (I hadn’t been on here in 2 years).…
Just a bit of warning. MMCX connectors aren't the most robust connectors. If you were thinking that one day you'd use them wired and the next with a Bluetooth cable and be changing cables regularly you'd likely find the connection becoming loose or just not getting made. They're more than stable enough to allow for changing cables as they wear out or you get a better cable or decide to create a Bluetooth headset etc. But for changing daily, not so much.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #1,364 of 3,079
I was. Paul was the reason I joined Head-Fi, back when all I had was an iBasso D14, a pair of Shures, and a savings account. His engagement with the community has always been as stellar as the products iBasso makes.

I guess my dry humor is not as clear as I had thought...

No it wasn't you. I had just taken my meds a little before replying. It was me, not you.

Damn...sounds like a break up...ha!

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #1,365 of 3,079
On MMCX I think it depends on the quality. I know that from the beginning I have had any issues with the iBasso MMCX. I have Sony IEM's that I have had for over 1.5 years, maybe 2 years now and they have been attached and detached a lot with no issue and my Pioneer SE Master1 uses MMCX, again many changes of cables and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back