iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #151 of 3,079
Just to clarify (and reassure you!), I was talking generally about me having a sensitivity to certain kinds of sounds.
As I mentioned in my impressions that I've been posting on here today, I've been hugely enjoying the IT01, and haven't found it to be 'excessively bright' or any indeed any other negative.
Except perhaps for 'excessively good value ', but that's only a problem for iBasso and their competitors I guess :wink:
I believe you are going to be very happy upon hearing these!
What other IEM's do you own/love? And what DAP do you use? :)

Scratch that last question; I just had the thought to scroll back up and check your signature after posting that. Schoolboy error :p

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #152 of 3,079
TL;DR version:
The IT01 seems to take the best aspects of the Katana and IT03 and fuse them together beautifully.
I've rarely been so impressed with a first listen.
Staggering value at $99, and that's not even considering the included detachable cable, the gorgeous carry case, foam tips, etc.
If this is how good the IT01 sounds, the IT04 (which features the same dynamic driver, plus some high quality balanced armatures) is likely to do for the IEM market what the DX200 has been doing to the DAP market :)

Oh well..I guess my search is over !!!! *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*
I've been hesitating between many sub 100eu IEMs (Fiio F9, Pinnacle P2, Pioneer SE-CH9T, Toneking nine tails, TFZ King, Moni One) for a while now, since it's a huge step up for me.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #153 of 3,079
Just got home after meeting up with @Layman1 and turning him to the dark side :ksc75smile: I’ll be having a listen soon and let you know how they sound, although Layman1 has done a great job of sharing his first impressions so if I can add anything else, I will.:L3000:

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #154 of 3,079
Holy crap, I’m on my 2nd track and these things are the nuts. Using the stock cable and DX90. Treble is a tiny bit bright and I mean tiny!!! If the IT03s are anything to go by, the treble peaks will fade away after a lengthy burn in. Bass is nice and punchy. Love em already and looking forward to work tomorrow with these. If you’ve ordered these and haven’t received them yet, you won’t be disappointed :L3000:

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #155 of 3,079
Excellent. Nothing like ringing endorsements to validate my obsession...er...hobby.
Thanks Kev. This is almost as bad as the other thread I frequent.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #157 of 3,079
Just to clarify (and reassure you!), I was talking generally about me having a sensitivity to certain kinds of sounds.
As I mentioned in my impressions that I've been posting on here today, I've been hugely enjoying the IT01, and haven't found it to be 'excessively bright' or any indeed any other negative.
Except perhaps for 'excessively good value ', but that's only a problem for iBasso and their competitors I guess :wink:
I believe you are going to be very happy upon hearing these!
What other IEM's do you own/love? And what DAP do you use? :)

Just a mild, moderate clarity lift, done tastefully. Not a peaky or harsh presentation. Not a dark and smooth in-ear though, if that's what you're after.

Well, I'm glad to read this!

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #159 of 3,079
CBD5D2BE-AB87-47F7-8099-9EEFD0D2348C.jpeg
Ready for a days work :smile_phones:

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #160 of 3,079
Comfort?

Soundstage?

How do they compare to the GR07?

I did post about this yesterday on this thread, but you may have missed it as some of the posts were a bit.. epic :p
I found them to have a lovely wide, 3D soundstage. A little less than the IT03 (which was HUGE, so that's not a negative against the IT01!).
Comfort is.. well, you just wear them. And then notice the music. The IEM bodies and the cable are light as a feather compared to all my other IEM's.
They fit perfectly and I don't notice they're there.

I haven't heard the GR07, but if you could tell me the aspects of their sound signature that you like or feel could be better, then perhaps I can offer some vicarious comparisons and advice :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #163 of 3,079
is that stock cable ,?? looks really beautiful ?
It’s the silver litz cable that came with the Andromeda. Thought I’d use that instead of the supplied cable. The stock cable is really nice, but I need something a bit more durable in my line of work. There’s one on eBay at the moment selling for £79.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back