iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #139 of 3,079
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #140 of 3,079
Interestingly, I found iBasso included a very useful leaflet inside, which contains a frequency graph for the IT01 (more than one actually).
Have you seen it? I can post it here later today if you don't have it :)

Yeah, I've seen it.

Would be interesting to know with what tips and coupler it was recorded. And if the front vent was fully open or blocked.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #141 of 3,079
Yeah, I've seen it.

Would be interesting to know with what tips and coupler it was recorded. And if the front vent was fully open or blocked.

I don't know if this is too subjective a question, but are there any particular frequencies at which people with sensitivity to such things usually experience sharpness or 'heat' in the treble?
it would be useful to know so I can look at the graphs with a more educated eye.
Although I know that what's on the graphs doesn't always correspond exactly with what's heard in practice, but it seems a good starting point :)

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #142 of 3,079
I don't know if this is too subjective a question, but are there any particular frequencies at which people with sensitivity to such things usually experience sharpness or 'heat' in the treble?
it would be useful to know so I can look at the graphs with a more educated eye.
Although I know that what's on the graphs doesn't always correspond exactly with what's heard in practice, but it seems a good starting point :)

I would say unless you are particularly sensitive to a somewhat bright but not exaggerated 5-ish and 9-ish kHz elevation, there's nothing to worry about. In terms of differentiation, resolution and separation at least, the IT01 doesn't really seem to have a problem (at all) to pull off the extra brightness.
It's definitely not a sharp or harsh presentation to my ears. Highs are on the bright side but not "edgy".

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #143 of 3,079
I would say unless you are particularly sensitive to a somewhat bright but not exaggerated 5-ish and 9-ish kHz elevation, there's nothing to worry about. In terms of differentiation, resolution and separation at least, the IT01 doesn't really seem to have a problem (at all) to pull off the extra brightness.
It's definitely not a sharp or harsh presentation to my ears. Highs are on the bright side but not "edgy".

Well, I was asking more in general terms, but I do in fact actually have some sensitivity with treble. Sharp highs, cymbals and certain other types of percussion.. I'm still trying to figure it out.
I thought that if there were a general set of frequencies at which such sensitivities are typically known to be encountered, it would give me something to look out for (or check against, when my sensitivity has been triggered).

For example, on this song that I mentioned above ('Love Dies'), the vocal several times approaches being uncomfortable for me on most IEM's, as does the cymbal smash sound at around 1:46 onwards and occasional bits of the synth. I bear it though, because the song sounds so good to me :)

https://club8.bandcamp.com ('Love Dies' is the first song in the album playlist there)

So I'm trying to identify whether those noises tend to occur around the same frequency (or set of frequencies).
We can continue this via PM if you are willing/able to advise; I don't want to derail the thread :)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #144 of 3,079
Well, I was asking more in general terms, but I do in fact actually have some sensitivity with treble. Sharp highs, cymbals and certain other types of percussion.. I'm still trying to figure it out.
I thought that if there were a general set of frequencies at which such sensitivities are typically known to be encountered, it would give me something to look out for (or check against, when my sensitivity has been triggered).

For example, on this song that I mentioned above ('Love Dies'), the vocal several times approaches being uncomfortable for me on most IEM's, as does the cymbal smash sound at around 1:46 onwards and occasional bits of the synth. I bear it though, because the song sounds so good to me :)

https://club8.bandcamp.com ('Love Dies' is the first song in the album playlist there)

So I'm trying to identify whether those noises tend to occur around the same frequency (or set of frequencies).
We can continue this via PM if you are willing/able to advise; I don't want to derail the thread :)

Since this topic is IT01-related, I think nobody should have a problem if we talk about it in this thread. :)

Personally, I don't feel like the IT01 really accentuates sibilance or sounds sharp. But that might of course be different, subjectively, among various individuals.

I've just listened to that particular track with the IT01, UERR and Etymotic ER-4XR, and would say that it is generally a song that is mastered for a bright, airy presentation but also contains sibilance, some sharpness and metallicness (so more of an issue with that recording than with the in-ears).

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #145 of 3,079
For myself I can say with confidence that the IT01 presents pretty much the music and is not sibilant or bright. I know that some call bright being a clear higher freq and some call bright as too much high freq emphasis. For me the IT01 is neither bright or sibilant in the negative. Also roll the tips and you can really adjust the sound but for me the large bore silicon work extremely well. Also used them balanced and they do great on that as well but with the AMP5 there is a wonderful drive and openness that defies the price of the IT01. I wonder if these drivers were meant to sell for just 99 dollars, let alone the cable and nice travel case. :^)

There is no way I would call these bright (peaky, too much high frequency) IEM's.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #148 of 3,079
For myself I can say with confidence that the IT01 presents pretty much the music and is not sibilant or bright. I know that some call bright being a clear higher freq and some call bright as too much high freq emphasis. For me the IT01 is neither bright or sibilant in the negative. Also roll the tips and you can really adjust the sound but for me the large bore silicon work extremely well. Also used them balanced and they do great on that as well but with the AMP5 there is a wonderful drive and openness that defies the price of the IT01. I wonder if these drivers were meant to sell for just 99 dollars, let alone the cable and nice travel case. :^)

There is no way I would call these bright (peaky, too much high frequency) IEM's.

Have they included a balanced cable or there is an adapter given along with it?

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #149 of 3,079
Have they included a balanced cable or there is an adapter given along with it?
It comes with a really nice single ended terminated cable. I have balanced the CB13 that I tried with it and it sounds very nice as well but the stock cable is what I use.

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #150 of 3,079
Oh please don't tell me they're bright! :cry:

Just to clarify (and reassure you!), I was talking generally about me having a sensitivity to certain kinds of sounds.
As I mentioned in my impressions that I've been posting on here today, I've been hugely enjoying the IT01, and haven't found it to be 'excessively bright' or any indeed any other negative.
Except perhaps for 'excessively good value ', but that's only a problem for iBasso and their competitors I guess :wink:
I believe you are going to be very happy upon hearing these!
What other IEM's do you own/love? And what DAP do you use? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back