iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #677 of 1,036
It’s my youngest son’s birthday today, but I don’t know who’s more excited!

841D3046-749E-413B-ACCB-3151210C7295.jpeg

Go Leos! Tell him Happy Birthday from Slater. Mine is tomorrow :)

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #678 of 1,036
So I got my pair today, but also a surprise "derecho" that wrecked a good deal of my property and basically the entire city I live in.

So I guess overall you can say it was an average day...

Glad I got the IT00 off my porch 10 minutes before the derecho.

I have them in my ears now, and they sound a lot better than the derecho and the aftermath (neverending chainsaws and sirens).

So far it's an interesting sound. I've been listening to a lot of Beryllium sets and this definitely doesn't sound like those aside from having great transient response.

These are vivid sounding like the OG Andromeda. This will be a fun set to pair with certain substances. It's very lush, lively and euphoric even though it's quite warm sounding.
Hopefully you have power, to keep the music going and the beer cold.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #679 of 1,036
Hopefully you have power, to keep the music going and the beer cold.
Ha, we went about 50 miles north to my mother in law's house once we could get out. No damage up here and power is fine. Everything in my fridge and freezer at home is no good anymore.

I work for one of the most impacted utilities. Outages might be up to 6 days. Of the office staff, I and one other person are online right now... All meetings cancelled basically for the week.... We had no warning this storm was coming and have hundreds of transmission lines impacted, we're in a bad way.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #680 of 1,036
Yeah I dont think they're exactly equal in the technicalities. The E5000 wins there. That said, the IT00 does sub-bass extension better than the E5000. In fact, I can't think of another single-DD IEM in this price range that does slam as good as the IT00. And of course it does not need nearly as much power as the E5000 does.

I disagree about the E5000 having lesser sub bass extension. To my ears they hit lower than the IT00 with bass that has more definition, texture and detail. Unfortunately it’s also more boosted, so while I think the bass is much better quality, I actually prefer the signature of the IT00.

You make a good point about how power hungry the E5000 is. It’s only drivable from a dedicated source which is another point in favour of the IT00 (which are very easy to drive from a smart phone).

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #681 of 1,036

this guy ranked blon (03) higher than it00. checked his list also, blons on "s" level while"it00" is just sitting on "A".

to those who have both blons and it00. do you agree or have opposite opinion from him?

Thanks!

I have have listened to them both side by side and definitely have the opposite opinion. The IT00 sound much better to me. I always disliked the blons sloppy and boosted mid bass. I find it very distracting. The IT00‘s bass is boosted but it sounds linear. There’s no mid bass bloat. It also sounds tighter and quicker. I think the blons sound more spacious but the IT00 have better imaging. The ibassos treble reaches higher while also sounding more natural.

The IT00 are more coloured, for sure. The mids are warm and sit below the bass and treble. To me it‘s a fun signature that’s been done very competently and tastefully. They’re able to add drama and excitement to music in a distinctively smooth way.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #682 of 1,036
I have have listened to them both side by side and definitely have the opposite opinion. The IT00 sound much better to me. I always disliked the blons sloppy and boosted mid bass. I find it very distracting. The IT00‘s bass is boosted but it sounds linear. There’s no mid bass bloat. It also sounds tighter and quicker. I think the blons sound more spacious but the IT00 have better imaging. The ibassos treble reaches higher while also sounding more natural.

The IT00 are more coloured, for sure. The mids are warm and sit below the bass and treble. To me it‘s a fun signature that’s been done very competently and tastefully. They’re able to add drama and excitement to music in a distinctively smooth way.
I picked some up because of the talk. I wish I hadn't. They aren't bad but really, they are better than the IT00? That is totally bogus and I let the Blon burn in. Nope not sure what some hear but they are not in any way on the same level.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #683 of 1,036
I disagree about the E5000 having lesser sub bass extension. To my ears they hit lower than the IT00 with bass that has more definition, texture and detail. Unfortunately it’s also more boosted, so while I think the bass is much better quality, I actually prefer the signature of the IT00.

You make a good point about how power hungry the E5000 is. It’s only drivable from a dedicated source which is another point in favour of the IT00 (which are very easy to drive from a smart phone).
It's close call but I still hear the E5000 rolling off more at the very bottom than the IT00, (or it's at least more of a traditional shelf). The bass is generally cleaner and more textured on the E5000, and louder relative to the treble, but at least based on my impressions, the IT00 wins on just bass extension alone. It keeps going up until 30hz. Though my personal experience may have something to do with my tip choice of exclusively Spiral Dots, there's a round warmth to the E5000's bass, suggesting a slight mid-bass peak that I don't hear in the IT00.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #684 of 1,036
:relaxed: :thumbsup:

4C96E092-2B13-4440-B610-C12A4B0011E3.jpeg
901A938F-0076-4D39-B563-F361A367B025.jpeg

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #688 of 1,036
So these showed up today along with my Tripowin 2.5 balanced cables. Easily enough, the 3.5 cable is not attached so there was no issue removing the 3.5 cable.

Of course you can't really comment until there is some burn in but I'll comment anyway. So far I do understand why these are talked about vs the BLON-03 and the Thieaudio L3. Very similar signature so far.

I sold my it-01 pair a few months ago; but I think I will like the sound signature of these more.

A bit more comfortable than the L3 but not sure yet about whether I like the sound signature better. I do like the L3 more than the BLON - 03; but not sure where the iBasso will fit in yet. The iBasso kills the BLON when it comes to comfort.

I doubt these will dethrone my "goto" favorite, the FLC 8D (similar to the 8S and 8N but fixed bass response).

Still very interested in the forthcoming LZ A7....

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #690 of 1,036
Initial IT00 impressions....very captivating single dynamic driver IEM. It easily can compete with anything in the sub $200 range, and it really comes down to personal preference. Exceptional tuning. I wish it had a little less mid bass, then it would be nearly perfect IMO. Regarding only the tuning, vs BL03, I personally would give a slight preference to the BL03, but this is purely preference, though I do like the treble extension on the IT00. Nothing wrong with either tuning (except too much mid bass on both). I would say timbral accuracy is equal between the 2 IEMs. Where they are in different leagues is regarding technicalities, where the texture, speed, dynamics, transient response, resolution is MUCH better on the IT00. Detail retrieval is good, and is similar between the two. Fit is much better with the IT00, as expected. IT00 imaging is about average for a good single DD IEM. Just adding my 2c to the pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back