iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Sep 27, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #901 of 1,036
Oh, I didn't say "Don't call me a basshead!" :) , just shared a part of my sound preferences, don't like electric guitars drowned in a mid-bass mud. May be am05 will be my Christmas gift...depends of the covid crisis...I like the green better than blue on the pictures, I can't audition them in Bulgaria, should take a risk like most of my headphone purchases.

@Vanquished,

No problem, a little more on my sound preferences, I listen to a lot of guitar music, especially electric, so there will be no mid bass drowning with electric guitars for AM 05, that is a definite...

I sympathise when demos aren't possible...where I am, there is nowhere to demo iBasso either...unless I take a short plane trip & more often than not, cheaper to buy direct than through the local reseller...

Hope you have a great day !

Sep 27, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #903 of 1,036
I personally prefer the AM05 ver Etymotic ER4xR, it comes through as a bit more natural. ER4XR is a bit fatiguing in detail, not smooth and not only detailed, but also a bit grainy, AM05 is mid forward, but sweeter, more fun to listen to! :)
That is was exactly I was hoping to hear, even never found er4s/sr grainy. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #904 of 1,036
So many pages and not a single word about AM05. I ordered IT00 because of You, guys :D
You will not regret. IT00 is a must buy IEM at its price point. AM05 is very good too. Detailed and vocals oriented.

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #905 of 1,036
You will not regret. IT00 is a must buy IEM at its price point. AM05 is very good too. Detailed and vocals oriented.
I just received them, driver flex is here, but I don't care if they work. They remind to my ex Yamaha EPH-100 but with more sub bass and less mid bass bloat but they need to burn-in. Very comfortable. Overall a sweet sound, the highs are a little metallic but they are too fresh. So far so good, at least I don't hate them, for the price are really good, I need to listen more these days.

Oct 5, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #906 of 1,036
I just received them, driver flex is here, but I don't care if they work. They remind to my ex Yamaha EPH-100 but with more sub bass and less mid bass bloat but they need to burn-in. Very comfortable. Overall a sweet sound, the highs are a little metallic but they are too fresh. So far so good, at least I don't hate them, for the price are really good, I need to listen more these days.

I noticed the same thing about the treble out of the box, but, whether it's through tip/cable rolling or (brain) burn-in, the treble is sounding a lot more natural after 20 hours or so.

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #908 of 1,036
I noticed the same thing about the treble out of the box, but, whether it's through tip/cable rolling or (brain) burn-in, the treble is sounding a lot more natural after 20 hours or so.

Yeah I thought the IT00 treble seemed a little forced in slightly the wrong frequency range personally too. Metallic or tinny was the word I used too, but not sibiliant by any means. It didn't go away for me after 50-100 hours of listening, but I loved the warm IT00 signature overall. I ended up landing on the Shozy Form 1.1 which seemed to be the right intersection of the IT00 and the Fiio FH3 for me: crazy bass, pretty airy warm mids and vocals, and the treble does a nice job convincing me that its detailed and sparkled.

Will definitely keep an eye out for other iBasso sets that claim to have a similar sound signature to the IT00 in the future. They are a really nice set.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #909 of 1,036
Sharing my eq settings for people looking to even out the tonality on IT00s and generate a little more warmth and thickness. Nothing over 2db in either direction, all well within driver tolerances.

The main objective was to fill in the lower mids and take a little edge off the lower and upper treble without killing the spacious / airy characteristics, though there is a trade-off, inevitably. The 1st 3 bands are just there to compensate for the tiny bit of sub bass roll-off and are optional if you like the bass as is - just a subtle boost and carve out which is handled really well by the driver.

YMMV, as always, these settings make a profound change to my ears though, and I remain seriously impressed by the clarity and instrument layering the IT00s are capable of.
Screenshot_20201006-084058.png

Screenshot_20201006-084321.png

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #910 of 1,036
Hi, lately I have been listening to the IT00 with the E1DA 9038S Dac using the Hiby R3 as a digital transport. Wow, the IT00 scales beautifully :L3000:
It´s like listening to a new set of IEMs with better instrument separation and layering, more clarity, and tighter bass.
I wonder how they sound with a high-end DAP
the more I listen to IT00 the more I am loving them. they are getting as much use time as the ISN H40 and IRM Red 2!!!
Cheers, Jose

Oct 6, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #911 of 1,036
Yeah I thought the IT00 treble seemed a little forced in slightly the wrong frequency range personally too. Metallic or tinny was the word I used too, but not sibiliant by any means. It didn't go away for me after 50-100 hours of listening, but I loved the warm IT00 signature overall. I ended up landing on the Shozy Form 1.1 which seemed to be the right intersection of the IT00 and the Fiio FH3 for me: crazy bass, pretty airy warm mids and vocals, and the treble does a nice job convincing me that its detailed and sparkled.

Will definitely keep an eye out for other iBasso sets that claim to have a similar sound signature to the IT00 in the future. They are a really nice set.
Yeah it's the reason I sold them; male vocals were a bit too recessed for me, and treble was a tiny bit metallic sounding.

However, the Blon BL-03 is WAY worse with the metallic treble. I don't get why people praise it so much, when the treble is that metallic/unrefined.

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #913 of 1,036
Metallic treble on the IT00?
It is one of the most natural trebles I have ever heard....

There must be unit variation, and then we are also anatomically so different. I don't hear a metallic treble, and the vocals don't sound recessed. That is the through a balanced copper 4.4 mm. Is this just poor ChiFi QC and no two units sound the same?

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #915 of 1,036
There must be unit variation, and then we are also anatomically so different. I don't hear a metallic treble, and the vocals don't sound recessed. That is the through a balanced copper 4.4 mm. Is this just poor ChiFi QC and no two units sound the same?
I don't think that it is QC issue.
Driver is the same so is the internal housing , I don't see how QC can result to metallic timbre.
We all though hear differently so some people may hear a metallic timbre , I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back