iBasso fi.Quest Official Thread
Nov 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #571 of 668

Quote:
How on earth does a non-technically minded audiophile order one of these superlative amplifiers?!?

Having messaged and emailed Ryuzoh regarding the fi.Quest to no avail, should I conclude that these amps are reserved for head-fi reviewers and not ordinary music lovers?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

From what I was told there are 30 going to preorders. If they have all been pre ordered already I don't know. No, as far as I know they were sold to anyone who ordered them. As far as communication with Ryuzoh just keep trying. Maybe put in the subject line a question in caps. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #572 of 668
Have you read the latter part of this thread? I'm sure there is supposed to be a notification here when the next batches are available...

I'm listening with mine (maxxed Black gate version with OPA2111AM) as I type via a lossless imod and my T1's just never sounded so good. This amp punches sooooooo far above it's weight it's just unbelievable really. I will never part with mine.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #573 of 668
Yes, I am using the metal can 2111 in mine with all the maxxed items in tow. It just lets the music flow. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #574 of 668
Thanks for the responses. I'm so envious when people rave about the sound quality of this amp, especially when knowledgeable audiophiles gush lyrically and eulogise how good it is.

I messaged Ryuzoh on this thread when he re-emerged last month and requested a pre-order, but was informed that orders would be taken from mid November. Unfortunately it seems that I've now missed the metaphorical boat and the amps have already been allocated. HO HUM.

Guess I've keep trying to contact Ryuzoh.

Cheers.    

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #575 of 668
As I wrote at #547, I accept 30 preorders for 2nd batch fi.Q.
Please send DMs for my account, and we will response to your email address within several days.
Payment will be via Paypal.

We are assembling first 30 2nd batch fi.Qs for domestic orders right now, and we can't pay attention to this thread continuously.

Also, copy/paste and complete below form to the DM.

[Models]: Basic/CC/WC/MD/FX/BGkit
[Additional more 4 BUF634s as maxxed]: Y/N
[Power supply voltage]: 100-115V/200-230V
[Additional note]: 
[Your name]: 
[Your email address]:
[Your address]:
[Your phone number]:

Also, Cio MB DACs available.

IMPORTANT:
U.S. Post doesn't accept package weighs more than 16 oz as EMS due to their security reasons.
So, we're going to use UPS for shipping to U.S. especially, and shipping cost may be increased slightly.

Nov 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #576 of 668
Hi Ryuzoh,

Thank you for replying as I know that you're a very busy guy.

I have sent you a private message requesting a fi-Quest pre-order and have completed the form as requested in your message posting.

I'm trying to contain my excitement at the prospect of owning a fi-Quest!

Cheers.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #578 of 668
Hi,

I took the order process to be - copy and paste the form in Ryuzoh's posting above, then complete and send it to him in a private message.

Hope that this is correct and helps you, although if I've misconstrued Ryuzoh's message perhaps someone would enlighten me.

Thanks guys.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #579 of 668

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, Cio MB DACs available.

How do I order a Cio MB DAC?

I would guess email through HeadFi. the Cio MB is very, very good. It is a portable dual dac with optical input. I use it all the time. I would also get the new 1300 fiber optical cable from Sys Concepts. I can hear the difference in the sound as in cleaner and all areas of material are improved because of the much greater band width and lower modal dispersion of this optical cable. Craig of Whiplash was amazed at the difference. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #581 of 668

Quote:
I guess the pre orders are over.

Email Ryuzoh with an order. Only way I know of to find out. 

I use the fi.Q much of the time. I am using the HD650's right now and just for kicks, which I have tried in the past, with some bass heavy music I tried to get it to clip. My ears where actually moving (only for a few seconds as the sound was way too loud) and there was zero distortion and there was till more volume control to go. My Woo 6 could never do that. The fi.Q I have exhibits total control over the 650's and really improves the bass delivery and all other areas. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #582 of 668
HD6XX with FiQ is a very good match indeed and you are totally right on the amount of control, there are definitely many respected home amps that do not possess the power and control of the FiQ

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #583 of 668

Quote:

I use the fi.Q much of the time. I am using the HD650's right now and just for kicks, which I have tried in the past, with some bass heavy music I tried to get it to clip. My ears where actually moving (only for a few seconds as the sound was way too loud) and there was zero distortion and there was till more volume control to go. My Woo 6 could never do that. The fi.Q I have exhibits total control over the 650's and really improves the bass delivery and all other areas. 

I have to say my Woo 6 does get more air time of late but I'm using ALL the pot pretty much to power my DT880 and T1's. The Fi-Quest powers either with ease but of late I've been grasped by the romance of Tung-Sol 6SN7 Round Plate tubes in my Woo. Then again those 2 tubes cost about the same as my Maxxed Fi-Q
eek.gif

They are a totally different listen, both superb but in reality the Fi-Quest is more flexible, more powerfull and of course better bang for buck when getting into the realms of Round Plate and Bad Boy Vacuum tubes for the Woo to compete with the sound the Fi-Q offers. I don't think I'll ever part with mine.....

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #585 of 668

Quote:
Quote:

I have to say my Woo 6 does get more air time of late but I'm using ALL the pot pretty much to power my DT880 and T1's. The Fi-Quest powers either with ease but of late I've been grasped by the romance of Tung-Sol 6SN7 Round Plate tubes in my Woo. Then again those 2 tubes cost about the same as my Maxxed Fi-Q
eek.gif

They are a totally different listen, both superb but in reality the Fi-Quest is more flexible, more powerfull and of course better bang for buck when getting into the realms of Round Plate and Bad Boy Vacuum tubes for the Woo to compete with the sound the Fi-Q offers. I don't think I'll ever part with mine.....

Yes the round plates are nice. I have a few sets of them in NOS. One is in beautiful boxes that are in perfect condition, think and deeply embossed in blue ink on a light tan thick paper box. I have the Sylvanias as well in the 1952 version and many others. 

What I didn't get with the Woo 6 was the power I always wanted. With easier to drive phones it is exceptional though and my Woo 6 was maxxed to the hilt with about 9 hundred dollars of additional parts. 

My fi.Q with the tantalum resistors and changes I have made, sounds very 3D and has a textured bass that is very realistic, when everything is right (good recording and the phones doing what they should). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back