Ibasso DX80
Jan 9, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #1,066 of 1,208
Jan 10, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,072 of 1,208
Does anyone else think the treble is horrible on this? Even eqed, it is almost non existent....

I find the treble is natural sounding and not hyped. Sounds about like the Mojo, with both the Mojo and the DX80 from what I have seen, measuring very flat in the musical content frequency range. A lot of players are more edgy and accentuate the treble but I don't hear a loss of detail but I also listen to a lot of live sound, which still doesn't have as much treble energy as the DX80 or other daps I have since highs roll off much faster than low frequencies. Obviously hearing and phones used and interaction play a big part in perceived sound when using these devices. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,073 of 1,208

I find the treble is natural sounding and not hyped. Sounds about like the Mojo, with both the Mojo and the DX80 from what I have seen, measuring very flat in the musical content frequency range. A lot of players are more edgy and accentuate the treble but I don't hear a loss of detail but I also listen to a lot of live sound, which still doesn't have as much treble energy as the DX80 or other daps I have since highs roll off much faster than low frequencies. Obviously hearing and phones used and interaction play a big part in perceived sound when using these devices. 

In your opinion, how is the sound of DX80 compared to AK100ii?

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,074 of 1,208

In your opinion, how is the sound of DX80 compared to AK100ii?

I need to compare them again. The DX80 is more powerful. I have two SD cards with the same music and exactly the same card so it takes out the variables. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,075 of 1,208

I need to compare them again. The DX80 is more powerful. I have two SD cards with the same music and exactly the same card so it takes out the variables. 

Looking forward to that. I ordered a DX80 this weekend but if it does not sound like what I prefer, I might switch to ak100ii or qp1r. I heard that both are with more transparent sound than dx80.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,076 of 1,208
According to reviews and posts the DX80 seems to be a clear upgrade to X3ii. I was just wondering, if this is the case even if I almost always use just the line out on the DAP?

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,078 of 1,208
quoted from another thread

FW1.2.1

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Line output bug fixed when the DX80 is used as a USB-DAC.
2. Enable sorting function on Now Playing.
3. Change from file name to title name on All Music view.
4. A more accurate battery indicator on low battery.
5. Improved M3U playlist import function, allows an apostrophe on file name.
6. Improved WAV ID3 support.
7. Allow custom wallpaper to be read from either SD card slot.
8. Allow the player to display Hebrew.
9. Scroll bar added to all of My Music views.
10. Improved OTG storage support.
11. Updated WAV decode engine.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,079 of 1,208
Is it me or are the micro SD card slots on the DX80 not very good?  I've been firmware updating which has necessitated inserting a card into slot 2.  It was a real struggle to get it out as pushing in did not make it pop out.  I eventually managed it with a penknife (!) at the expense of slightly bending the metal border between slot 2 and slot 1.  Which meant the card in slot 1 wouldn't pop.  Same treatment with penknife got it out but then getting it to pop back in was a real struggle.  It seems to be in now.

Now I absolutely swear I have been as gentle as can be in all this.  The cards didn't go in / pop out very easily since I got the device - tweezers each time!

Have I just got a naff device?  How easily do Micro SD cards pop out on your DX80s?

I just dread the next firmware update. 
triportsad.gif

Pete

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,080 of 1,208
The two cards go in facing in different ways so you may have put one in incorrectly. I have taken mine in and out many times using a pinkie fingernail to gently push them in, which releases them, and push them in to seat them. Slot 1 is the slot closest to the screen, and the card goes in with the metal edge facing away from the screen. But in Slot 2, the card goes in with the metal edge facing the screen.  So the metal edges of the cards face each other if properly inserted. I read on an earlier post that you can damage the SD slot by forcing the card in the wrong way, so I hope you have not done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back