Ibasso DX80
Dec 24, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #976 of 1,208
  Still i didn't receive my Ibasso DX80. So currently i use my Shure SE846 with my iphone 6s plus and i am enjoying loss less files(ALAC).  Can you pls let me know can i get huge improvement in sound quality  if i use my SE846 with DX80?

PS:Actually i just upgrade my IEM from Sony XBA-H3 and i didn't feel huge sound quality improvement ,when i use SE846. That is why i decide to order DX80. 

You should hear significant sonic improvements changing from phone to a dedicated DAP.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #977 of 1,208
There's a serious bug in the new DX80 firmware (v 1.2.0). It hangs Back and Forward buttons. There is no other option than factory restore but the problem immediately returns. I downgraded to the previous firmware and it helped.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #978 of 1,208
  There's a serious bug in the new DX80 firmware (v 1.2.0). It hangs Back and Forward buttons. There is no other option than factory restore but the problem immediately returns. I downgraded to the previous firmware and it helped.

I was gonna update my DX80 then I read this. Anyone else experiencing issues with the new fw?

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #979 of 1,208
suggest u stick to 1.14 for the time being. 1.20 got static/crackling noise issue for me.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #980 of 1,208

I was gonna update my DX80 then I read this. Anyone else experiencing issues with the new fw?

I think its fair to say we are still in the early-ish stages of the firmware. many people have rolled back to FW 1.4 because it sounds a lot better than 1.2, the latest update ( As with the DX90, each FW update brings unintentional different sonic characteristics to the DX80) although the relative levels of difference differs from ear to ear.  I believe a bit of patience will bring a superbly soundly player with a great UI. Pretty damn good so far...but still needs work :)
To be fair, iBasso are working hard and providing updates with many fixes in response to our feedback 

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #981 of 1,208
Guys, stick with your v1.1.4 firmware for the time being, the newer 1.2.0 has some problems. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #982 of 1,208
hi , this is my first post ,so hope it goes to the right place.. Having few problems with my new ibasso dx80, when I push the rewind and fast forward / next buttons ( the big buttons ) ( not the on-screen one's ) the unit makes a click and closes screen .. I have just done a factory reset and it has got rid of problem , i have just powered off and back on and the problem persists .. so annoying... I just seem to be doing a reset everyday for each little problem that pops up which is a bit frustrating for a " well " a quite frankly expensive unit..
Any advice greatly appreciated ..
L3000.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #983 of 1,208
  hi , this is my first post ,so hope it goes to the right place.. Having few problems with my new ibasso dx80, when I push the rewind and fast forward / next buttons ( the big buttons ) ( not the on-screen one's ) the unit makes a click and closes screen .. I have just done a factory reset and it has got rid of problem , i have just powered off and back on and the problem persists .. so annoying... I just seem to be doing a reset everyday for each little problem that pops up which is a bit frustrating for a " well " a quite frankly expensive unit..
Any advice greatly appreciated ..
L3000.gif

I would download FW 1.1.4 from the iBasso site and update to that. There is a but in the 1.2 FW that does what you are describing. I am sure they will have a new FW out soon and then everyone can move on. :^) I also like the sound of the FW 1.1.4 a lot. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #985 of 1,208
I wish I had read this earlier. Only started using the dx80 today and installed the latest fw. Clicks and pops all the time (poor drivers and poor ears) and hick ups on playback. All very annoying and now the rescan is stuck at 24%

I suppose these are all known issues. Going back to a precious fw tomorrow morning. I think I'll use the AK240 tonight then, it always works :wink:

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #986 of 1,208
I wish I had read this earlier. Only started using the dx80 today and installed the latest fw. Clicks and pops all the time (poor drivers and poor ears) and hick ups on playback. All very annoying and now the rescan is stuck at 24%

I suppose these are all known issues. Going back to a precious fw tomorrow morning. I think I'll use the AK240 tonight then, it always works :wink:

At around 10x the cost of the dx80 I would be really disappointed if it didn't :smile:

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #987 of 1,208
A couple questions

This is the dual microsd card one right?

Does it take 200gb sd?

Does it have a folder browser?

Does the browser list all the files
regardless of type or does it omit unrecognised file types from the list of the folder contents?

Does it support both lossy and lossless ?

Is the battery replacable?

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #988 of 1,208
A couple questions

This is the dual microsd card one right?

Does it take 200gb sd?

Does it have a folder browser?

Does the browser list all the files
regardless of type or does it omit unrecognised file types from the list of the folder contents?

Does it support both lossy and lossless ?

Is the battery replacable?

- it has dual microSD slots
- it support up to 2TB as per official info
- it can browse folder
- not all files, but only recognized files, mp3 m4a flac alac wav ape dsf dff dxd etc.
- of course lossy and lossless media files
- battery is not custom replaceable

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #990 of 1,208

It's 1.1.4 who's doing this. Going back to 1.1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back