Ibasso DX80
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,187 of 1,208
Has anyone had any problems with buttons sticking? My dx80 has been flawless up until now, but the play button wont press in or out. It won't move at all, still works but won't click like the other buttons.

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,188 of 1,208
Its been a year since i got my DX80. I'm very pleased with it. 1.5.8 sounds best for me.
Btw, if you guys want some really good WAV files for free, listen to this band. Very well mastered stuff. Just get the first album in the list. Heres the link : https://subcarpati.com/discografie/ Sorry for off top. :)

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,189 of 1,208
Hello and please excuse a noob for yet another comparison question:

I recently dipped my toes in the DAP-pool with a Shanling M2s and while I love it's features the SQ was not to my liking. I have been eyeing the DX80, A&K Jr and the ATC HDA-DP20/XUELIN IHIFI990 (wildcard choice) in regards of an upgrade-path but living in the far north of Sweden makes auditions complicated.
For reference I have the iFI iDSD Micro Black Label for desktop duties and I absolutely love it, for portable I've hooked up my Dragonfly Red to the M2s and it is perfectly serviceable most of the times as well.

Put simply, would the DX80 fit my bill regarding SQ in between the iDSD BL and the DFR?

Thank you all in advance

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,190 of 1,208
I wish I could give you an objective answer having listened to all the devices you mentioned...sadly though, I haven't !
For what it is worth I feel 100% sure you would be happy with the DX80 - It is unique in that the quality of natural, rich, engaging sound punches far above its price range [and I say that understanding how much of a financial investment you would be making for it]
I honestly don't think you can get better for the money
I listen to it raw and through desktop amps / tube amps / using 600 ohm vintage headphones to modern day multiple driver IEM's and it delivers a sound
that I have as yet had no desire to upgrade from, which when you consider that currently I have over 20 headphones and ONLY this one DAP
should say something!!
For me the other DAPS you mention are like good restaurant meals
BUT the DX80 is like Moma's home cooking:)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,191 of 1,208
I honestly don't think you can get better for the money

Thank you very much for the reply, and taking the time.
I do believe that it's worth every [insert local current here] judging by the many positive reviews I've read.
If I can get a DAP that is close to the SQ of my iDSD BL I will gladly spend the money.
The amount of clarity and pure musical joy it puts into my TX-610s is beyond me.

The only real thing that worries me about the DX80 though is the longevity of the battery, judging by some remarks in this thread.
Warranty service by sending something abroad feels a bit complicated, is the battery issues some has mentioned a big problem or isolated incidents?

Other than that my impression is that iBasso users seem to speak more fondly about their equipment than others which also leads me to believe that the DX80 is a safe bet for me.
How very fortunate that the holiday season is upon us :)

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,192 of 1,208
I’ve not heard of DX80 battery longevity problems but not only do Ibasso owners love the DAPs they have a lot of admiration for the company. I also have their first DAP, the legendary DX100. Ibasso still support it after all these years (5?) and I’ve sent mine to have a new battery fitted (£37 including return postage).
That’s what I call customer service!

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,193 of 1,208
@HerrWallen - There were some problems with an early batch of the DX80 but this was resolved. I sent mine back to China for a Free battery replacement
I only paid to ship it one way. They were very quick and kindly [perhaps hinted?] that I did not need to worry that I could not afford to ship it tracked and that
they would ensure I was happy with their service and that I was covered.. I took from this that I didnt need to worry if it got lost in the post
They are an exceptional company both in service and the quality of their products

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,194 of 1,208
I’ve not heard of DX80 battery longevity problems

There were some problems with an early batch of the DX80

Yes, I realized while backtracking a few threads here on Head-Fi that this just happened to affect a particular batch.
With that out of the way I feel really confident that my next DAP will be a DX80, about time I start to unload some unused gear then :)

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #1,195 of 1,208
Is it me or the HISS sound is missing from DX80. I can hear great from my Vibe x3 phone but in dx80 treble and hissing is missing. I have new firmware and using HD202II. I tried equalizers too but no hissing or treble coming.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,196 of 1,208
Is it me or the HISS sound is missing from DX80. I can hear great from my Vibe x3 phone but in dx80 treble and hissing is missing. I have new firmware and using HD202II. I tried equalizers too but no hissing or treble coming.
I don't have any hiss with the latest FW but I don't have a loss of the treble range either.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,198 of 1,208
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #1,199 of 1,208
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #1,200 of 1,208
Just got my dx80 back from Jamato for a battery change out. Great work and fast turn around. Was referred to him by Paul from Ibasso. Nice thing is that Jamato is here in the U.S. So it was good to know that I didn't need to send the unit off to China for service.
'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back