iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 14, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #6,061 of 6,795
I just had mine replaced.   I was also seeing fast battery drain when playing FLAC files even through an external amp on Line out.  Mine was also losing about 10% battery life per day when the unit was off.  This was probably even more indicative of a defective battery than the play time. 

Since having the new battery, I see no battery drain at all when the unit is off and I'm not seeing the rapid battery drain when playing FLAC files anymore.  

See if you are losing battery life when the unit is off.  If so, you probably have a bad battery. 

Hope this helps. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #6,062 of 6,795
  I just had mine replaced.   I was also seeing fast battery drain when playing FLAC files even through an external amp on Line out.  Mine was also losing about 10% battery life per day when the unit was off.  This was probably even more indicative of a defective battery than the play time. 

Since having the new battery, I see no battery drain at all when the unit is off and I'm not seeing the rapid battery drain when playing FLAC files anymore.  

See if you are losing battery life when the unit is off.  If so, you probably have a bad battery. 

Hope this helps. 

That is good to know.  Did somebody say that there is a guy in the U.S.  who is authorized to replace batteries for U.S. customers?  That sounds like I could live with that if I ran into a battery drainage problem.  If I am correct.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #6,063 of 6,795
Yes, there is a guy in Tuscon that has been replacing batteries for people in the USA.  If you want his contact info, contact Paul at IBasso and I'm sure he will give you his contact info.  He is the guys who replaced my battery and he did an excellent job. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #6,064 of 6,795
  Yes, there is a guy in Tuscon that has been replacing batteries for people in the USA.  If you want his contact info, contact Paul at IBasso and I'm sure he will give you his contact info.  He is the guys who replaced my battery and he did an excellent job. 

Okay.  Thank you!  I don't have one yet, but should be getting one for Christmas.  Glad there is an easier solution to the battery problem than sending it to China.  Glad to hear the gentleman in Arizona does a great job.  I will contact Paul if needed after I get it and have a chance to run it through its paces.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #6,065 of 6,795
I doubt you will have a problem with the battery in a new player.    My understanding is there was an initial batch of early players that had bad batteries in them.  The DX80 is an excellent player and for the money, I don't think you could do much better.  Paul and iBasso are very customer service oriented which is more than I can say about other Companies. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #6,066 of 6,795
I am trying to use dx80 as an usb dac for my android phone ( samsung s7 edge) i am using apps usb audio player pro, neutron and onkyo hf player they all recognize dx80 as usb dac when i started to music the sound starting popping and cracking. The popping and cracking is too loud that i cant listen to music. Does anybody know why is that happening?
Thanks a lot

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #6,067 of 6,795
Does anybody know why is that happening?
UAPP has a number of settings to work around similar problems. Did you try them all? There is a thread in the forum dedicated to UAPP (actually Recorder, not Player, but it does not matter). Their support may ask you for logs and then, probably, help.

Most of such problems are originated from the source side, or cable.

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #6,068 of 6,795
I am trying to use dx80 as an usb dac for my android phone ( samsung s7 edge) i am using apps usb audio player pro, neutron and onkyo hf player they all recognize dx80 as usb dac when i started to music the sound starting popping and cracking. The popping and cracking is too loud that i cant listen to music. Does anybody know why is that happening?
Thanks a lot

I face the same problem, i use uapp in my galaxy tab s2.
The popping and cracking is reduced when i use adaptor powered usb hub betwen my tab and dx 80

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #6,070 of 6,795
My DX80 is not able to scan and index the songs I have in slot 2 even after reset using Factory tool.
Do you see your files browsing via Directory? If you do - what happens if you try to play them from here?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #6,072 of 6,795
hi guys,i am new to DX80,jz bought a used unit & updated with 1.5.8 firmware...
wana ask that is DX80 without any standby / sleep mode?
as my battery always go empty after i left it overnight without playing anything...
come from x3ii,which d baterry can last for quite long in standby or sleep mode...

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #6,073 of 6,795
  hi guys,i am new to DX80,jz bought a used unit & updated with 1.5.8 firmware...
wana ask that is DX80 without any standby / sleep mode?
as my battery always go empty after i left it overnight without playing anything...
come from x3ii,which d baterry can last for quite long in standby or sleep mode...

Settings -> Advanced -> Power Management -> Auto Power Off

If the playback is paused and the player isn't used within the set time, the DX80 will automatically shut off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back