iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Oct 19, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #5,672 of 6,795
Just look here: https://xiph.org/flac/

@ Paul from iBasso
Could you telll me when will be the new firmware released? Last one is from August.
And the irritating sorting bug is still not fixed.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #5,673 of 6,795
The battery issue I'm referring to is people reporting that the device battery dies and doesn't hold a charge after only a few recycles.

On my Samsung S7E, when sorting by album artist, I will often get multiple entries for the same album by the same artist because different songs on the same album are performed by multiple artists. That's annoying when scrolling through an already long list.

I'm just starting looking at converting all my CDs to FLAC for my DAP purchase but can't find any easy to follow guides. If anyone knows of a dummies guide for getting FLAC files onto the DX80 I would appreciate it.

I think the battery issues are just a minority of people that have written in about it. I don't think it's a widespread issue. It only takes a few days for them to repair it for you if it is anyway.

Yeah I understand the sort issue, that is a pain. I rip all of my CD's and usually take the individual artists out so the album only appears once.

The best way I've found is to buy dBpoweramp CD Ripper as it almost always gets all the right info and is really easy for searching for the right size cover art. To get FLAC files onto the DX80 you just flick over to the right side of the screen, go to USB options, make sure reader is enabled, plug it into your computer, and drag and drop files into the mass storage device that appears. Simple as that.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #5,675 of 6,795
I think the battery issues are just a minority of people that have written in about it. I don't think it's a widespread issue. It only takes a few days for them to repair it for you if it is anyway.

Yeah I understand the sort issue, that is a pain. I rip all of my CD's and usually take the individual artists out so the album only appears once.

The best way I've found is to buy dBpoweramp CD Ripper as it almost always gets all the right info and is really easy for searching for the right size cover art. To get FLAC files onto the DX80 you just flick over to the right side of the screen, go to USB options, make sure reader is enabled, plug it into your computer, and drag and drop files into the mass storage device that appears. Simple as that.

Media Monkey or foobar are programs to rip cd's to flac, google search for free to use cd rippers, transfer the files as you would mp3's, using the usb cable or use an card adapter for your micro sd card and transfer your flac files from your pc to the card directly.

I use Rocket Player on my S7E and take the time to find high resolution album art. I do actually like the album art because the display on the Samsung Galaxy is amazing.

I don't mind buying the software if it's worth it so I'm curious if the album art is higher quality with dB power amp versus the free options.

Is there a dummies guide for the settings for ripping FLAC? For example I assume I don't need more than 44.1 since my source is only CD.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #5,677 of 6,795
Oh. I hope this isn't a dumb question but will the DX80, using FLAC files from CD, sound better than my iPhone 6 and Samsung S7E when connected to a Schiit Valhalla 2?

My two best headphones are T1 Gen2 and HD800 .

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Do you mean:

DX80+Valhalla 2 vs Phone+Valhalla 2?

or

DX80 vs Phone+Valhalla 2?

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #5,679 of 6,795
How much battery time are you guys getting when using the DX80 as a portable USB-DAC?

I went from the battery at 94 to flat and off in about two hours this afternoon, using my phone as a source.

...and another DX80 that wants to visit China. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #5,681 of 6,795
  Good day gents,

So today I received the DX80 for review purposes. 

All I can say is, holy friggen damn. I've been a long time Fiio supporter...but I've gotten tired of how they sell incomplete products. Now, I'm not sure what changes where made (sonically) from the first X5 to the X5ii...but I had the first X5 and I can confidently say that I have on only 1 occasion heard something as exquisite as the DX80.

I've reviewed the X7 (I took part in the world tour) and was horribly disappointed with it (granted that was with the AM1 module), and also the Mojo. The DX80 sounds rather close to the Mojo, to my ears anyways. 

Suffice to say, I'm genuinely impressed with the DX80's sound. It might be a bit early to say, but I think I may very well be ready to ditch Fiio and get on board with iBasso.

DX80 - like more than x5,and x7 x5ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back