iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Aug 13, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #5,296 of 6,795
I already find onkyo not as interesting as Ibasso dx200.

People will kill and rip limbs for this dap. Its just strange feeling. But in reality onkyo is a fantastic dap.

Only if DX200 = QP1R SQ in UI of DP-X1. Ibasso get my money for sure. hehe.

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #5,298 of 6,795
I agree, the DX200 is one of the most anticipated daps in the pipeline.
The DX80 was supposed to be a dap I said I would be fine with for a couple of years.. Who was I lying to when I originally said that.. Lol.. Even when I bought the Shanling M5 I said the same thing.. Its horrible, even though I legitimately love each one, there is always a new player around the corner that will peak our interest, and make you feel like the one you just bought is old and obsolete. When in reality, they are fantastic players.
I've been Rollin with dx90 happily for at least 2 years now. If I upgrade it will probably be to the dx120 but who knows. The dx80 always seemed like an introduction to the new ibasso style to me so I just waited. I like a solid honest humble DAP (not to crazy about wifi and Bluetooth ect)

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #5,299 of 6,795
I've been Rollin with dx90 happily for at least 2 years now. If I upgrade it will probably be to the dx120 but who knows. The dx80 always seemed like an introduction to the new ibasso style to me so I just waited. I like a solid honest humble DAP (not to crazy about wifi and Bluetooth ect)

Has anyone actually confirmed the DX120 officially from iBasso? That would be awesome.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #5,301 of 6,795

Has anyone actually confirmed the DX120 officially from iBasso? That would be awesome.

It was shown at an official public meet by iBasso Audio, so kind of yes to your question (also makes sense: DX50 + 30 = DX80; DX90 + 30 = 120). And it wasn't the only cool thing shown there.

https://www.facebook.com/iBassoAudio/posts/1349222881773587

13631615_1349221558440386_8322787344806707836_n.jpg

13781724_1349221448440397_2295248700535025531_n.jpg

13770430_1349221555107053_8878819600428511119_n.jpg

On a related note, I am really wondering at what tier iBasso Audio are aiming with their two full-sized headphones. HD 600/HE-400 tier? Or HD 800/LCD-X tier? 
L3000.gif

Also, in the DX200 thread Paul stated that the DX120 would be a pure music player in contrast to the DX200 which is also a streaming DAP.

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #5,304 of 6,795
I already find onkyo not as interesting as Ibasso dx200.

People will kill and rip limbs for this dap. Its just strange feeling. But in reality onkyo is a fantastic dap.

How do you mean not interesting? They will be almost the exact same thing in every aspect minus being able to swap amps. We have not even heard everything that the DX200 has to offer. I think the DP-X1 is the best thing since sliced bread. It will be interesting to see everything it has to offer when it's released.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #5,305 of 6,795
How do you mean not interesting? They will be almost the exact same thing in every aspect minus being able to swap amps. We have not even heard everything that the DX200 has to offer. I think the DP-X1 is the best thing since sliced bread. It will be interesting to see everything it has to offer when it's released.

Im going to post this quote from harvey. I feel same way as he does. The fact the DX200 design looks nice is more than enough to peak interest for me. I might even sell my onkyo for a cheap price if turns out to be good
Its horrible, even though I legitimately love each one, there is always a new player around the corner that will peak our interest, and make you feel like the one you just bought is old and obsolete. When in reality, they are fantastic players.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #5,306 of 6,795
Im going to post this quote from harvey. I feel same way as he does. You might not understand due to personal differences

Well actually I understood the first time I read it. That's exactly what I'm trying to say. A lot of people chase this non existent reality about what they think is better when in fact what they have is really good but they don't give it enough time.
Over the years I've seen many people buy something try it for less than a week and sell it to try the latest and greatest. The biggest gain you'll ever get is from higher grade IEMs CIEMS and headphones.

In the end though it's all personal perspective, so to each their own.

Don't take any of this the wrong way, just trying to help. :smile:

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #5,307 of 6,795
Well actually I understood the first time I read it. That's exactly what I'm trying to say. A lot of people chase this non existent reality about what they think is better when in fact what they have is really good but they don't give it enough time.
Over the years I've seen many people buy something try it for less than a week and sell it to try the latest and greatest. The biggest gain you'll ever get is from higher grade IEMs CIEMS and headphones.

In the end though it's all personal perspective, so to each their own.

What you wrote though is exactly what Im suffering from.
I think I shouldve unsubscribed some threads while I still had chance XD. Anyhow I just sent an email to Oppo they were saddened I was leaving them for Beyerdynamic 1770.

I told them their headphones are top notch though earpads size been bothering me. They recommended me not to mod earpads. I followed it :frowning2:.

But maybe I should wait until I think about buying DX200. Considering Onkyo is good enough for me.
I bet the original person who traded me his onkyo player would be disappointed that he gave me a good deal. Probably wont ever give it to anyone else.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #5,308 of 6,795
What you wrote though is exactly what Im suffering from.
I think I shouldve unsubscribed some threads while I still had chance XD. Anyhow I just sent an email to Oppo they were saddened I was leaving them for Beyerdynamic 1770.

I told them their headphones are top notch though earpads size been bothering me. They recommended me not to mod earpads. I followed it :frowning2:.

But maybe I should wait until I think about buying DX200. Considering Onkyo is good enough for me.
I bet the original person who traded me his onkyo player would be disappointed that he gave me a good deal. Probably wont ever give it to anyone else.

I still may buy the DX200 as well but I will still keep my other gear as its kick butt. The only time I sell stuff is because it's not getting any use but all my gear now is getting a lot of use.

If your ever interested in buying some CIEMs I know a great company called ALCLAIR they have a new set out called Studio4 which is a 4 driver. I have the RSMs which are awesome.
Happy hunting

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #5,309 of 6,795
I still may buy the DX200 as well but I will still keep my other gear as its kick butt. The only time I sell stuff is because it's not getting any use but all my gear now is getting a lot of use.

If your ever interested in buying some CIEMs I know a great company called ALCLAIR they have a new set out called Studio4 which is a 4 driver. I have the RSMs which are awesome.
Happy hunting

Ill look them up. Cause i also am looking at trintys iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back