iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #5,192 of 6,795
Hello guys!

I have some issues with my DX80 (fw1.5.2).

As a DAP, it can play DSD128 smoothly, but I can hear some lag when I listening 24/192, 24/96 files and it really bothering me. As a DAC, my DX80 can play 24/192 very well. I already tried all fw for DX80, but as DAP I still can hear the lag. I downloaded my sample audio from Soundkeeper Recordings website.

I can slightly hear a radio channel if I pair my DX80 with ATH MSR7, only occurred at my office which is near a radio station (less than 400 meters radius) broadcasting radio channel which I heard.

I already email IBasso regarding this, except for the fact that my office is near radio broadcast station, which I found out after I emailed them. IBasso suggested me to send it for repair. So before I send it, I want to ask your opinion. Is it normal or I really need to send it for repair?

Thank you guys!
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #5,194 of 6,795
@Paul from iBasso:

Is there a file-limitation since firmware 1.4*?

I had the scan issue ==> not all artists are displayed in Artist view
I had over 18.000 files stored on my sandisk 200GB

Now I deleted some folder randomly to come < 17.000 files.

And now DX80 scans my complete card COMPLETELY and there are no missing Artists!

So my conclusion: DX80 database has a File limit!

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #5,195 of 6,795
I have over 17,000 files on my player scanning fine in FW1.5.2

Do you have artwork embedded into each file?   I believe this can fill the database, taking them out and having a file in each directory solves it.

The library in general seems more stable and much faster since making this change related to artwork.

Thanks
Mark

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #5,197 of 6,795
  @Paul from iBasso:

Is there a file-limitation since firmware 1.4*?

I had the scan issue ==> not all artists are displayed in Artist view
I had over 18.000 files stored on my sandisk 200GB

Now I deleted some folder randomly to come < 17.000 files.

And now DX80 scans my complete card COMPLETELY and there are no missing Artists!

So my conclusion: DX80 database has a File limit!

There was an issue with internal memory and we have expanded that. We will have a new firmware that will allow many more files to be scanned. 18,000 should not have been a problem unless the image size of some of the artwork was too large. We are solving this issue as well. Scan time will also be improved.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #5,198 of 6,795
  Hello guys!

I have some issues with my DX80 (fw1.5.2).

As a DAP, it can play DSD128 smoothly, but I can hear some lag when I listening 24/192, 24/96 files and it really bothering me. As a DAC, my DX80 can play 24/192 very well. I already tried all fw for DX80, but as DAP I still can hear the lag. I downloaded my sample audio from Soundkeeper Recordings website.

I can slightly hear a radio channel if I pair my DX80 with ATH MSR7, only occurred at my office which is near a radio station (less than 400 meters radius) broadcasting radio channel which I heard.

I already email IBasso regarding this, except for the fact that my office is near radio broadcast station, which I found out after I emailed them. IBasso suggested me to send it for repair. So before I send it, I want to ask your opinion. Is it normal or I really need to send it for repair?

Thank you guys!
smile.gif

Do you mean as a DAC you hear a lag? I am not clear on what you are getting a lag on.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #5,200 of 6,795

There was an issue with internal memory and we have expanded that. We will have a new firmware that will allow many more files to be scanned. 18,000 should not have been a problem unless the image size of some of the artwork was too large. We are solving this issue as well. Scan time will also be improved.

Okay. So I stay tuned.
It would be really great if you can fix this issues!

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #5,201 of 6,795

Do you mean as a DAC you hear a lag? I am not clear on what you are getting a lag on.

I hearing lags only on DAP mode.

That does seem some of your headphones are picking up the radio station rather than the player. I have even had metal lamps that radio could be heard from years ago. It should not be your player as there is no aerial or circuit to conduct the radio signal.

I tested again using PX100-ii, no radio channel heard.
I had MSR7 for a year, already pair it with my laptop and multiple handphone at my office, I never hear any radio channel from it.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #5,202 of 6,795
I went to the store today... I did put my SD card in the DX80. And it kicked my Fiio's X3-II butt big time !   It has air ! It has soundstage ! It sounds natural and it has soul in it ! Does not scratch my brain like X3-II does !  Thats the perfect sound for me. Love it!

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #5,203 of 6,795
  I went to the store today... I did put my SD card in the DX80. And it kicked my Fiio's X3-II butt big time !   It has air ! It has soundstage ! It sounds natural and it has soul in it ! Does not scratch my brain like X3-II does !  Thats the perfect sound for me. Love it!

yes i upgraded to the dx80 from the x3ii last time

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #5,204 of 6,795
yes i upgraded to the dx80 from the x3ii last time

From what I heard from the X3II, the Fiio is a very good all rounder for $200. The DX80 will sound perfect or not depending on the fw, I tried all from 1.1.4 to 1.5.2 L1 and I'm sticking on the latest from Lurker which is definitely more to my liking

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #5,205 of 6,795

I have been using the DX80 with UIEM's lately a lot, and the soundstage and separation are really special. I also got a beta FW to try out and the features all work without any issue and the scan speed is extremely fast. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back