iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Apr 14, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3,736 of 6,795
  I just bought one of these small beauties, this is my first DAP, so I'm really exited to learn, what it can do. It arrived with the latest fw 1.3.3 - great. My short list was the DX80, the A&K Jr, the Pono and the Fiio X5II... In the end I decided on the DX80, one of the reasons for this was this thread, and that iBasso participates - I really like that, so thank you Paul 
smile.gif

I also bought two 128GB cards and a Dignis leather case. I loaded some music to it last night and all works perfectly.

Right now I only have one pair of headphones: AKG 701, but I'm looking into both a pair of CIEM and also a pair of high end headphones. I'm considering the AKG 812 and the Beyerdynamic T1, 2generation. These will mainly be used in my hifi system, but it would be nice to be able to use the headphones with the DX80 as well.

I have a small preference for the T1 because they can also run balanced, and my hifi system has balanced headphone out. But can the DX80 be used with 600 ohm headphones..? The T1's are quite sensitive at 102dB, so it does not take that much to drirve them, but will it work..!?

Thanks for any advise on this...

Great choice for the DAP! Soon there will be a DX200 coming out. As for CIEMs, not sure if you have a brand in mind but you should seriously consider Alclair, I have the RSMs and they are the best thing Ive heard be it headphones or IEMs! Also being that you like great customer service and Im sure most do, they are some of best people owners Marc and Amy.
As for the headphones I use PM3s so I can not help you much there, Im sure someone will respond to you soon that has the T1.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,737 of 6,795
Thanks for your inputs on the Alclair RSM, I will look into those for sure..!

I'm in Denmark, Europe so I'm considering CIEM's from LimeEars, either the LE3SW or even the Aether.  http://www.limeears.com/  The are from EU = no crazy import taxes. We really get punished when buying from over seas...

I noticed the talk about the DX200, very interesting 
smile.gif
  Now I start out with the DX80, and if I get hooked on portable audio I might upgrade to the 200. Time will tell... I'm used to two channel high end audio, but must admit, that I spend less and less time sitting in the sweet spot in my listening room, so now I explore new (to me) options.

Regarding the headphones I know that the DX80 can drive the AKG - K812, so they are the safe bet, but I would really love inputs on the match with Beyerdynamic T1...

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,738 of 6,795
Originally Posted by howdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for CIEMs, not sure if you have a brand in mind but you should seriously consider Alclair...

Originally Posted by MortenB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Denmark, Europe so I'm considering CIEM's from LimeEars, either the LE3SW or even the Aether...

Both (Alclair and Aether) will appear in @jelt2359s upcoming FFAB2...very curious how they will be reviewed over there
rolleyes.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #3,739 of 6,795
I have Beyer T1 second generation headphones and can use them with my DX80 on high gain around 102 to 104 volume and they sound great.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,741 of 6,795
is it just me or almost all audio gears sound great with dx80 lol

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,742 of 6,795
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #3,743 of 6,795

No not just you I think pretty much all gear. lol

haha anw paul will the dx200 be released this year? hope it can have both hdp r10 sound and dx80 ui.
btw do you think hdp r10 is ibasso best product to date?
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #3,744 of 6,795

haha anw paul will the dx200 be released this year? hope it can have both hdp r10 sound and dx80 ui.
btw do you think hdp r10 is ibasso best product to date?
beerchug.gif

We don't have a release period yet. Everything is being worked on for the DX200 every day. Yes I think the DX100 is one of our best. I also like the other players depending upon the music. That includes even our competitors. I think the dap market is doing well allowing everyone to enjoy music more and more and at an affordable price most of the time.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 15, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,745 of 6,795

We don't have a release period yet. Everything is being worked on for the DX200 every day. Yes I think the DX100 is one of our best. I also like the other players depending upon the music. That includes even our competitors. I think the dap market is doing well allowing everyone to enjoy music more and more and at an affordable price most of the time.
smile.gif

Thanks Paul! Just curious what made you guys do a Japanese version of DX100 in HDP R10?
Very very curious. Cheers
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3,746 of 6,795
  I also bought two 128GB cards and a Dignis leather case. I loaded some music to it last night and all works perfectly.

Where did you get the Dignis case? I emailed them and they said it would be on the website in a week, but it's still not on their american sales page, just three cases on there right now. They have weird international ordering instructions on their site, which I followed, and they seemed dumbfounded and just said to check the site in a week.

The amazon page has a bunch of cases, but the only one for iBasso is the DX50/90 case and that doesn't look like it would fit the DX80 at all.

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,748 of 6,795

Where did you get the Dignis case? I emailed them and they said it would be on the website in a week, but it's still not on their american sales page, just three cases on there right now. They have weird international ordering instructions on their site, which I followed, and they seemed dumbfounded and just said to check the site in a week.

The amazon page has a bunch of cases, but the only one for iBasso is the DX50/90 case and that doesn't look like it would fit the DX80 at all.

your alternative is right here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dignis-ibasso-DX80-Leather-Case-4-Color-Black-Camel-Dark-Brown-Red-/301842871754

EDIT: bought from them before and they shipped quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back