iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Mar 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #3,586 of 6,795
  I'm interested now we have at least have a few firmware available which version you guys feel sounds best currently?

I have a rough idea though would love some other to chime in!

I'm on 1.1.4.
I have tried them all, but from 1.20 and up the sound (for me) gets harsher, sharper, edgier. I have tinnitus, a peep in my ears and my ears react like crazy with the higher firmwares. I have tried them several times, directly from the DX80 and also in combination with a Headstage Arrow 5T. Used RHA MA750, Fidelio X2 and Focal Spirit One S.
The combo's DX80, with or without the Arrow 5T, and MA750 and Fidelio and firmware 1.2.0 and up are not nice to my ears. FW1.1.4 is very good sonically luckily. :)
A higher FW, like 1.3.3 and the DX80 with Arrow 5T and the Focal Spirit One S is also very nice. I find the Focal a rather darker headphone, but with the bass/treble options of the 5T the sound gets very enjoyable.
I know for sure there is a difference in sound between the firmwares. I've tried them all 3 or 4 times, and everytime my ears react with the higher FW's.
I would love to have the LOCK function in the 1.3.3 but the sound is not suitable for me.

I have only minor issues with 1.1.4, like starting occasionally in the middle of a song and the LINE-OUT has sometimes a dip/stutter in the signal (less then 1 sec), but other than that im really enjoying the DX80.
I only use the Arrow 5T with the Focal. I prefer the sound directly out of the DX80 with the MA750/Fidelio X2: its wider and cleaner, more air to it.
The Arrow 5T is good with bad/worse recordings, because of the boost options, it can really bring the fun back into it. But with well recorded tracks, which dont need to be boosted, i prefer the DX80 directly: better SQ. The DX80 is really great, kuddos for Ibasso!
I only need the sound of the 1.1.4 with the UI improvements of the higher FW's.   
L3000.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #3,587 of 6,795
which one is the best to pair with, dunu dn2kj or pinnacle p1? to play with any kind music genre.

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,588 of 6,795
which one is the best to pair with, dunu dn2kj or pinnacle p1? to play with any kind music genre.

Either one is good, but I personally prefer P1.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,590 of 6,795
I'm on 1.1.4.
I have tried them all, but from 1.20 and up the sound (for me) gets harsher, sharper, edgier. I have tinnitus, a peep in my ears and my ears react like crazy with the higher firmwares. I have tried them several times, directly from the DX80 and also in combination with a Headstage Arrow 5T. Used RHA MA750, Fidelio X2 and Focal Spirit One S.
The combo's DX80, with or without the Arrow 5T, and MA750 and Fidelio and firmware 1.2.0 and up are not nice to my ears. FW1.1.4 is very good sonically luckily. :)
A higher FW, like 1.3.3 and the DX80 with Arrow 5T and the Focal Spirit One S is also very nice. I find the Focal a rather darker headphone, but with the bass/treble options of the 5T the sound gets very enjoyable.
I know for sure there is a difference in sound between the firmwares. I've tried them all 3 or 4 times, and everytime my ears react with the higher FW's.
I would love to have the LOCK function in the 1.3.3 but the sound is not suitable for me.

I have only minor issues with 1.1.4, like starting occasionally in the middle of a song and the LINE-OUT has sometimes a dip/stutter in the signal (less then 1 sec), but other than that im really enjoying the DX80.
I only use the Arrow 5T with the Focal. I prefer the sound directly out of the DX80 with the MA750/Fidelio X2: its wider and cleaner, more air to it.
The Arrow 5T is good with bad/worse recordings, because of the boost options, it can really bring the fun back into it. But with well recorded tracks, which dont need to be boosted, i prefer the DX80 directly: better SQ. The DX80 is really great, kuddos for Ibasso!
I only need the sound of the 1.1.4 with the UI improvements of the higher FW's.   :L3000:  

That starting in the middle of a song mainly after a fresh boot happens to me on all the iBasso units. It seems to allocate the resume position of the track you were playing just before shutdown then allocates it to the newly selected track after a fresh start.

Be good to not have this issue...

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,591 of 6,795
Had a weird issue today where the top bar (with the volume and battery levels) disappeared and had some random crackling in my tracks. A restart fixed it though. I have not been able to reproduce it so I'm not posting it on the bug thread (yet). I'm running 1.3.3 L3.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #3,593 of 6,795

Tap on the album cover art on the playing screen again, it is intended to disappear with the second click on the cover art (status bar/status bar and track counter/no status bar or track counter).

isnt that normal

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,594 of 6,795

Tap on the album cover art on the playing screen again, it is intended to disappear with the second click on the cover art (status bar/status bar and track counter/no status bar or track counter).

isnt that normal

Sure it is, it is even a feature. It just seems like e30ernest didn't know that and thought it was a bud that the status bar disappeared.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #3,598 of 6,795
That starting in the middle of a song mainly after a fresh boot happens to me on all the iBasso units. It seems to allocate the resume position of the track you were playing just before shutdown then allocates it to the newly selected track after a fresh start.

Be good to not have this issue...

It happens randomly in the middle of listeningsession. Once a week or something, and i listen daily. Not a big deal.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #3,599 of 6,795
Some people were talking about the player not starting up a little bit ago, I am now having this issue.  When the player is at about 23% of battery life it will no longer start up unless connected to a power source.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,600 of 6,795
  Some people were talking about the player not starting up a little bit ago, I am now having this issue.  When the player is at about 23% of battery life it will no longer start up unless connected to a power source.

Did you try a factory reset? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back