iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Feb 14, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,776 of 6,795

See, the thing is, I listen to rock music a lot recently, bands like Megadeth, Queen, Alice in Chains just to name a few. I don't hear the sound as you've been describing with any headphone or IEM, its not bright, overly brilliant. Nice and high in clarity/detail especially with balanced armatures but not how you keep describing. Like we've spoken about, you should return your unit or try another. Until you do that posting here constantly about your individual issue without any verification your unit is possibly defective or broken is very confusing for other members reading. 

Please get your unit checked, put your mind at ease.

I can not try another DX80, yesterday I did feel the DX80 to a friend and he too has found the sound to be muddy and harsh, if I ask another right 80 I'm afraid to find the same sound cha, I do not like.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #2,778 of 6,795

See, the thing is, I listen to rock music a lot recently, bands like Megadeth, Queen, Alice in Chains just to name a few. I don't hear the sound as you've been describing with any headphone or IEM, its not bright, overly brilliant. Nice and high in clarity/detail especially with balanced armatures but not how you keep describing. Like we've spoken about, you should return your unit or try another. Until you do that posting here constantly about your individual issue without any verification your unit is possibly defective or broken is very confusing for other members reading. 

Please get your unit checked, put your mind at ease.

I can not try another DX80, yesterday I did feel the DX80 to a friend and he too has found the sound to be muddy and harsh, if I ask another right 80 I'm afraid to find the same sound cha, I do not like.

All you have to do is contact Ibasso and tell them you don't like the unit, or wherever you purchased it, and get your money back. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,779 of 6,795
Has anyone gotten DX80 to play all file types (including DSD) out of Mojo? I think I understand from the prior posts that you have to use an OTG cable between the micro USB port of the DX80 and the micro USB port of the Mojo. Am I correct? Or will a coaxial cable out of the SPDIF port of DX80 and into coax port of Mojo work too?

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2,780 of 6,795
Mi sembra strano, il dx80 non suona affatto fangoso, se interpreto quello che vuoi dire, a me è successo di trovarlo impastato (il suono) solo appena acceso, poi ha maturato un suono dettagliato e pulito con un bell'impatto ed una buona enfasi sui bassi, non facilissima da trovare in un lettore.
Forse è proprio che cerchi qualche cosa di diverso, allora inutile insistere.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #2,781 of 6,795
  Mi sembra strano, il dx80 non suona affatto fangoso, se interpreto quello che vuoi dire, a me è successo di trovarlo impastato (il suono) solo appena acceso, poi ha maturato un suono dettagliato e pulito con un bell'impatto ed una buona enfasi sui bassi, non facilissima da trovare in un lettore.

This is usefull.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #2,782 of 6,795

This is usefull.

Google translate is your friend
wink.gif

Het lijkt vreemd , de DX80 klinkt niet modderig, als ik begrijp wat je bedoelt , ik toevallig vind het gemengd ( geluid) maar net ingeschakeld , dan kreeg hij een gedetailleerd en helder geluid met een bell'impatto en een goede accent bas, niet gemakkelijk te vinden in een speler .
Misschien is het u op zoek bent naar iets anders , dan is nutteloos om aan te dringen.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,783 of 6,795
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] betanke foar it oersette [img]http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img][/color]

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,784 of 6,795
Has anyone gotten DX80 to play all file types (including DSD) out of Mojo? I think I understand from the prior posts that you have to use an OTG cable between the micro USB port of the DX80 and the micro USB port of the Mojo. Am I correct? Or will a coaxial cable out of the SPDIF port of DX80 and into coax port of Mojo work too?
I use dx80 to mojo via an L17 fiio cable, sounds ok, I tried optical and much better

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #2,787 of 6,795

Ciao recka, mi pare di ricordare che tu avevi un DX50 ma che non ti è mai piaciuto particolarmente, mentre il DX80 vedo che lo apprezzi molto.
Alcune domande, il DX80 è un notevole miglioramento del DX50?, voglio dire ho già il DX50 (il fw.1.9.4 è tra i migliori usciti e rende il piccolino leggermente più dimamico e meno piatto) e non mi dispiace affatto come suona, pensi che mi troverò ancora meglio con il DX80? il DX50 soffre abbastanza sulle basse frequenze, o meglio non ha un basso di carattere, nel DX80 come stiamo messi?
Il DX80 ha potenza necessaria a far suonare decentemente una HD600?

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #2,789 of 6,795
Translation for the above 2 posts via google translate:

Indonesian to English

Code:
[left] Current language war here huh ? allright guys , back to the DX80 please[/left]

Italian to English

Code:
[left] It seems strange , the DX80 does not sound muddy , if I understand what you mean , I happened to find it mixed ( sound) only just turned on , then he gained a detailed, clear sound with a bell'impatto and a good emphasis bass , not easy to find in a player . Perhaps it is you are looking for something different , then useless to insist .[/left]
Code:
[left] Recka Hello , I seem to remember you had a DX50 but it never particularly liked , while the DX80 I see that you value him a lot. Some questions , the DX80 is a considerable improvement of the DX50 ?, I mean I already have DX50 ( the fw.1.9.4 is among the best out and makes the baby slightly dimamico and less dish) and I do not mind at all as it sounds , I think that I will find even better with DX80 ? the DX50 suffer enough on the low frequencies , or rather does not have a low character , as we put in DX80 ? DX80 has the power needed to ring a decently HD600 ?[/left]

Russian to English

Code:
[left] unkle, reckca! Gentlemen, this is an English forum! You can continue your dialogue through personal messages ![/left]
#well you are using Russian here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back