iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 21, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #2,162 of 6,795
I do note that my random play is not as random as it could be. I hear the same songs fairly frequently and others never. Perhaps a different algorithm could be tried in a future update.

Also, a simple "Meier" crossfeed on/off would be nice!

I have asked the SW team to look into this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2,163 of 6,795
So no one else has those popping noises in DAC mode, can be heard easiest when nothing is playing.. comes up every 5-10 seconds :frowning2:

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,164 of 6,795
So no one else has those popping noises in DAC mode, can be heard easiest when nothing is playing.. comes up every 5-10 seconds :frowning2:

I have it, quite annoyong
Waiting for one more update, if it doesn't fix it I'll sell the poorly manufactured POS

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #2,165 of 6,795
DAC works fine for me and I would not use the term POS with this dap as it is far from it. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,167 of 6,795
I bought my DX80 as a DAP and it performs admirably. I have a Dac  for my computer and have a Dac for my HiFi. In fact I never want a DAP to be a Dac

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #2,169 of 6,795

I belive it is, mainly due to thuds, pops, cracks, clicks, and also small font and poorly put together software, sound is good and that is the main point but it's full of flaws...

I think you have made your views on the DX80 pretty clear in numerous posts.....if you believe it is a POS why not leave it as that......

Exactly, like a broken record...  If you think your unit is defective - replace it under warranty.  If you don't like it - return/sell it.  Not quite sure the motive of continuously
deadhorse.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #2,170 of 6,795
I belive it is, mainly due to thuds, pops, cracks, clicks, and also small font and poorly put together software, sound is good and that is the main point but it's full of flaws...

Then get rid of it and move on. Music is about enjoyment and if it is misery for you then do yourself a favor and get something you like. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #2,172 of 6,795

Try correct the buffer length in Ibasso control panel and software player.
I also have popping noise in USB DAC mode with my default buffer length of TEAC DSD DAC 50 ms.
I set USB streaming mode to Minimal and ASIO buffer size to 2048 samples. In Foobar2000 buffer from set buffer from 50 to 250.
No popping.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,174 of 6,795

Try correct the buffer length in Ibasso control panel and software player.
I also have popping noise in USB DAC mode with my default buffer length of TEAC DSD DAC 50 ms.
I set USB streaming mode to Minimal and ASIO buffer size to 2048 samples. In Foobar2000 buffer from set buffer from 50 to 250.
No popping.

Thanks for the hint, i already have the ASIO buffer at 2048 and the streaming mode to minimal. I don't use foobar, and the sound is also there when i don't have a player or anything else open. It is like i can hear one of the IC's working it is always the same "pattern" of pops - repeating after the same amount of time. When playback starts - it is still there but less audible because other frequencies are driving over it.
But if it is only a software issue i am more to happy to wait for the new firmware. I get most of the points "i never want my DAP to be a DAC".. But i like the sound of the DX80, why shouldn't i also enjoy it on my computer :) ?

So looking forward on some news regarding this

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,175 of 6,795
I have it, quite annoyong
Waiting for one more update, if it doesn't fix it I'll sell the poorly manufactured POS

Would you please just go away now?  You contribute absolutely NOTHING to this thread.  EVERYONE knows you don't like the DX80.
Why not just move on and stop trolling?  You are getting quite boring and are disruptive to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back