iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 30, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #811 of 6,795
The file that I'm DL from Ibasso isn't a zip file, it's a rar. file, whatever that is?

Look up that file and you can get a free program to unzip it.

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #812 of 6,795
Mind me asking if you got yours from the U.S. Amazon dealer? I got mine from there and had the same problem. Sent mine back in and have been waiting almost a week now for a replacement...

Edit: Nevermind, looked at your profile and appears you're in Ireland so I'm assuming you didn't order from a U.S. seller hehe. Anyway, Paul told me directly in this thread that there should be no moving parts inside your DX80 so I would go ahead with the return. 

Pleas don't tell me it was from pro studio sound and music from Amazon I just sent mine for replacement due to the hiss.

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #813 of 6,795
  I just received the DX80 but, unfortunately, the first thing i noticed is that it's like there's something moving inside it. It's like the battery inside the player is moving when turning the player upside down.  I didn't even try it yet and i think i'm gonna return it.
frown.gif

Can you feel something moving? There is little room for anything to move. Could it be the buttons on the front?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 30, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #815 of 6,795
  ... or why don't you just buy directly from iBasso's website? It's the fastest and easiest way.

Having electronics shipped into India by courier or mail is a customs nightmare. By the end of the process I will have paid 2 - 3 x the selling price, and have gone through many hours of gathering the required paperwork. Having someone bring it in their luggage (or doing that myself) is a much better way, and the only option I would entertain.

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #816 of 6,795

Can you feel something moving? There is little room for anything to move. Could it be the buttons on the front?

That problem HarlanDraka81 described sounds exactly like what was wrong with my DX80. The buttons on the front were firmly in place, so I don't think that's the problem. The loose object inside did not move very far, maybe less than 1 cm up-and-down and even less than that side-to-side, but it was very noticeable and easy to feel from the moment I took the DX80 out of the packaging.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #817 of 6,795
  I just received the DX80 but, unfortunately, the first thing i noticed is that it's like there's something moving inside it. It's like the battery inside the player is moving when turning the player upside down.  I didn't even try it yet and i think i'm gonna return it.
frown.gif

Please contact us at service@ibasso.com with this problem.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #818 of 6,795

Please contact us at service@ibasso.com with this problem.

Hi Paul, thanks i'm already in contact with the seller. I'm going to send it back today and hopefully get a replacement one asap.

I don't think the issue was caused by the buttons, as Masterchef wrote, there is something inside moving and it's very noticeable. Maybe something inside detached? Strange enough the player was working fine so i briefly tested it with firmware 1.1.2.

I bought mine from an iBasso authorized seller in Italy and yesterday i sent an email to him and he answered straight away offering to replace it. So far good experience with the seller. He told me he has another unit he is testing and he has no issues so i maybe i was just unlucky..
confused_face.gif

In the meantime, i'm also waiting for a DX90 to come,let's hope everything will be fine
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #819 of 6,795
We have the USB DAC software now available for Windows.

http://ibasso.com/down.php

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #820 of 6,795
  We have the USB DAC software now available for Windows.

http://ibasso.com/down.php

Let me be the first one to say thank you :D

Edit: just a quick question, why does the DX80 turn itself off in USB DAC Mode ? Does it need to have constant sound playing ? or is there a setting i need to change ?
Also is the clicking noise when switching to USB Dac mode a kind of electronic relay ?
Will having it connected to USB all the time hurt the battery or does the DX80 have a mode to help with battery performance loss when having a power source connected all the time ?

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #821 of 6,795
  Ya it was from ProStudio Sound & Music. Still waiting on the replacement.

Mine is from the same place. I'll be sending mine back shortly.
Do you just do an Amazon return and order a new one? Or did you contact ProStudio directly?

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #822 of 6,795
Pleas don't tell me it was from pro studio sound and music from Amazon I just sent mine for replacement due to the hiss.

Ya it was from ProStudio Sound & Music. Still waiting on the replacement.

So that makes 3 of us with problematic DX80s all from ProStudio.
What?
This is no longer sounding like an occasional issue...

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #824 of 6,795

Do you just do an Amazon return and order a new one? Or did you contact ProStudio directly?

If you go through Amazon I think it only allows for a refund. I contacted the seller to arrange for an exchange. They've had my return for about 6 days now and haven't shipped the replacement. Said they were doing "testing" and then I'll be sent a replacement when that's done. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #825 of 6,795

You are totally right. That sounds like the Illuminati are involved in this.

The Illuminati is a figment of the imagination of the paranoid and sarcastic.

This trend makes it seem that this hiss issue is not a coincidence or occasional issue.

More like a bad batch - or all DX80s exhibit this behavior and only those of us with sensitive, low-impedance IEMs have noticed.
I haven't heard one user of sensitive, low-impedance IEMs say that they do not hear a hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back