iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #781 of 6,795
I just loaded a 200gb SanDisk full and have a 128gb full in the other slot. Super fast to go to any song or album. I am glad CPUs have come a long ways in what they can do and have dropped enough in price to go into daps so they can perform like this. I am also constantly surprised by the dynamics and layering of the DX80. When I see the Sandisk come up on special again, as I got the 200gb for 99 dollars on Amazon, I am going to pick up another one. Almost 400 gb's of music is a lot. I also have many 64gb cards with specific types of music. I have found that I much prefer cards now than internal storage as it just offers so much versatility. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #782 of 6,795
  I just loaded a 200gb SanDisk full and have a 128gb full in the other slot. Super fast to go to any song or album. I am glad CPUs have come a long ways in what they can do and have dropped enough in price to go into daps so they can perform like this. I am also constantly surprised by the dynamics and layering of the DX80. When I see the Sandisk come up on special again, as I got the 200gb for 99 dollars on Amazon, I am going to pick up another one. Almost 400 gb's of music is a lot. I also have many 64gb cards with specific types of music. I have found that I much prefer cards now than internal storage as it just offers so much versatility. 

400GB would be great, considering all the 192/24 and DSD files take up a lot of room.

Is Sandisk the only brand that makes 200GB card at the moment? I decided not to buy it yet because of the very slow write speed. I was hoping to find some alternative brands like Lexar that might have faster write speed but I haven't found any.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #783 of 6,795

400GB would be great, considering all the 192/24 and DSD files take up a lot of room.

Is Sandisk the only brand that makes 200GB card at the moment? I decided not to buy it yet because of the very slow write speed. I was hoping to find some alternative brands like Lexar that might have faster write speed but I haven't found any.

As far as I know and one of the few I trust. Sure the write speed isn't super fast but for a couple of hours just let it load and you are done and then add or delete what you want from the disk. I thought the same but now that I got it and loaded it, no big deal. I have some really fast 32 and 64gb cards but once loaded . . . 99 dollars for 200gb is worth it to me. It is like having one nice huge library now, great fun on the move or sitting here. What is frustrating, regarding sound, and it may sound odd to say frustrating but I enjoy my home amps, is that I haven't been turning them on, just the DX80. I find that the 901s is also good like this but the UI of the DX80 is so convenient. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #784 of 6,795
just find a problem in 1.1.4,
DX80 will hang when try to play APE file.

I didn't tested it deeply since I have only one APE music file,
and I have play it properly in 1.1.2.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #785 of 6,795
  Where did you order it from to have it delivered to Thailand?

Hey, Munkong Gadget at Siam Paragon has it. No need to order it on the internet. I just pre-ordered it at the shop to get hold of the first few units.

I can recommend Munkong Gadget as a very competent and good shop here in Bangkok. Other shops are also good like Jet Live Audio (Exchange Tower Asok) or the shop at pantip plaza.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #786 of 6,795
There
  just find a problem in 1.1.4,
DX80 will hang when try to play APE file.

I didn't tested it deeply since I have only one APE music file,
and I have play it properly in 1.1.2.

There are a few different types of APE files. It depends upon the type.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 29, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #788 of 6,795
  Hey, Munkong Gadget at Siam Paragon has it. No need to order it on the internet. I just pre-ordered it at the shop to get hold of the first few units.

I can recommend Munkong Gadget as a very competent and good shop here in Bangkok. Other shops are also good like Jet Live Audio (Exchange Tower Asok) or the shop at pantip plaza.

Thank you - Do you know if Munkong Gadget would ship it to other parts of Thailand? 

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #789 of 6,795
  Thank you - Do you know if Munkong Gadget would ship it to other parts of Thailand? 

I am sure they do. Best is to E-Mail them i guess. How far away are you from Bangkok ? 

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #790 of 6,795
  I am sure they do. Best is to E-Mail them i guess. How far away are you from Bangkok ? 

OK, great. I am actually in India - but I have a Thai friend who lives on Koh Samui who will come to visit me soon, so I was thinking of asking her to buy it and bring it for me. So, hopefully they can ship to Koh Samui. I will email them.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #791 of 6,795
  OK, great. I am actually in India - but I have a Thai friend who lives on Koh Samui who will come to visit me soon, so I was thinking of asking her to buy it and bring it for me. So, hopefully they can ship to Koh Samui. I will email them.

And there are no shops in India where you can order it ? Maybe ask iBasso if they have some dealers there. I will visit Goa on 10th December, already excited as it will be my first time in India.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #792 of 6,795
  And there are no shops in India where you can order it ? Maybe ask iBasso if they have some dealers there. I will visit Goa on 10th December, already excited as it will be my first time in India.

No, there are no distributors for iBasso in India. it will eventually be available from a few people who import specialty electronics - but the cost will be very high due to import taxes. There are a few people selling the dx90 here for the equivalent of about 700 USD, for example. I imagine the dx80 will cost about the same, if and when it shows up here.

Much better to buy it from a country where there are not so much import taxes and have someone bring it to me :) 

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #794 of 6,795
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to utilize the "Import Playlist" function.  I first noticed it the other day and tried using it but the one playlist I had on my card didn't import.  Is there a specific format the M3U needs to be in order for this to work?  Thanks for your insight.

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #795 of 6,795
Originally Posted by Scottes7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  5. How the heck does one create and import a playlist??? I created one in a program on a PC and copied the .m3u to a directory on a card. On the DX80 I went to My Music... Directory and browsed to the file and clicked on it. I could then see it listed under Playlists, but it was empty.

OK, I figured it out. I created a playlist on the DX80, exported it, and opened the file on my PC. The software on my PC used the path:
..\music\FLAC\Steely Dan\Aja\07 Josie.flac
Whereas the DX80 used the path:
/mnt/firstsd/Music/FLAC/Steely Dan/Aja/07 Josie.flac

So I used a text editor to fix the paths, and was able to import it into the DX80.

Note that this originally written when I was using FW 1.1.2. Paul from iBasso said that 1.1.4 had some improvement for importing playlists. Since I don't know what the improvements are, I still do the above with 1.1.4, and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back