iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #6,121 of 6,795

Have you plugged and unplugged the optical cable a could of times? There is a switch in the socket that may be stuck. Also you can shut down the DX80 or do a rest.

Oh ok, yea I thought it'd be something like that I'll try that thanks. I did try restarting with no effect but will try a few resets and see.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #6,123 of 6,795
  Hey what do you guys think of using those monoprice RCA-mono adapters [link to amazon] with a proper digital coaxial cable for the coaxial output?

Should work, but may not be reliable. I just bought a mono-coax cable from Blue Jeans Cable for like 20 bucks, very happy with it.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #6,124 of 6,795
  Should work, but may not be reliable. I just bought a mono-coax cable from Blue Jeans Cable for like 20 bucks, very happy with it.

Wait, I bought a BJC coax-coax cable from amazon, LOL. BJC makes mono-coax cables? (Mostly because I'm in a hurry leaving for asia by sunday). "Not realiable" how? like breaking often or sound failing/being wierd? (i.e. physical reliability or having to do with sound?)

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #6,125 of 6,795
  Wait, I bought a BJC coax-coax cable from amazon, LOL. BJC makes mono-coax cables? (Mostly because I'm in a hurry leaving for asia by sunday). "Not realiable" how? like breaking often or sound failing/being wierd? (i.e. physical reliability or having to do with sound?)

Yep: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

Go to the Belden 1505F cable and select mini 1/8" to RCA.

With the adapter I just mean it's another thing to slide out and make a bad connection. Since you'll be lifting up the player, the little sleeve on the RCA pin might get loose, that's all I mean. Otherwise it should sound just fine, just as long as the connection is secure.

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #6,126 of 6,795
  Yep: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

Go to the Belden 1505F cable and select mini 1/8" to RCA.

With the adapter I just mean it's another thing to slide out and make a bad connection. Since you'll be lifting up the player, the little sleeve on the RCA pin might get loose, that's all I mean. Otherwise it should sound just fine, just as long as the connection is secure.

Oh ok, as long as it willl sound fine, I can adjust until I get back and can maybe ask BJC to redo the cable I already bought with a 1/8" connecter (I hope they'll ddo that, otherwise it's such a waste of a cable, don't really care about the $20).
I dont see mini 1/8" option I assumed it was something i had to put in writing as an extra request?

and I have a nice setup inside a khanka case (pics incoming btw) where I dont have to remove either the idsd dac OR the dx80 just open the case and plug in my HP.

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #6,127 of 6,795
  Oh ok, as long as it willl sound fine, I can adjust until I get back and can maybe ask BJC to redo the cable I already bought with a 1/8" connecter (I hope they'll ddo that, otherwise it's such a waste of a cable, don't really care about the $20).
I dont see mini 1/8" option I assumed it was something i had to put in writing as an extra request?

and I have a nice setup inside a khanka case (pics incoming btw) where I dont have to remove either the idsd dac OR the dx80 just open the case and plug in my HP.

It's only on the 1505F cable, the 4th one on the list, in the connectors drop down.

Looking forward to the pics, I definitely wanted to get a Dignis case, but they wouldn't take my money no matter what I did, and I just don't like buying from eBay stores.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #6,128 of 6,795

It's only on the 1505F cable, the 4th one on the list, in the connectors drop down.

Looking forward to the pics, I definitely wanted to get a Dignis case, but they wouldn't take my money no matter what I did, and I just don't like buying from eBay stores.

Aah there it is, damn, totally missed it

I REFUSE to  buy from anything BUT amazon.com shipped by amazon tbh. (Except maybe some exceptions sometimes). Waiting for the connecters to arrive then I'll take pics. Someone either here or on the ifi idsd micro thread suggested the case (or a similar one) and i got the one (it's actually FOR the anker battery). Fits wonderfully, with some right angle connectors due to space, hopefully it'll be awesome!

Also: "won't take your money"? thats a new one :D

I just emailed BJC about if they are willing to take my existing BJC cable and mod it, once I am back. Since i''m going this weekend I don't have time to wait for a custom cable, and I refuse to have YET another cable sitting around at home doing crap all. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,129 of 6,795
  Aah there it is, damn, totally missed it

I REFUSE to  buy from anything BUT amazon.com shipped by amazon tbh. (Except maybe some exceptions sometimes). Waiting for the connecters to arrive then I'll take pics. Someone either here or on the ifi idsd micro thread suggested the case (or a similar one) and i got the one (it's actually FOR the anker battery). Fits wonderfully, with some right angle connectors due to space, hopefully it'll be awesome!

Also: "won't take your money"? thats a new one :D

I just emailed BJC about if they are willing to take my existing BJC cable and mod it, once I am back. Since i''m going this weekend I don't have time to wait for a custom cable, and I refuse to have YET another cable sitting around at home doing crap all. 

Dignis is in Korea and they had a section on their website for purchases from the US but it didn't work. I emailed them and they told me to buy it through eBay, and I was like nope. Hope your case works out.

It never hurts to have another coax cable, but I actually use them for random devices from time to time.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #6,130 of 6,795
  Dignis is in Korea and they had a section on their website for purchases from the US but it didn't work. I emailed them and they told me to buy it through eBay, and I was like nope. Hope your case works out.

It never hurts to have another coax cable, but I actually use them for random devices from time to time.

Dignes has a presence on Amazon.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #6,131 of 6,795
  Dignes has a presence on Amazon.

For the longest time, they didn't have the DX80 case available on Amazon. I just looked again and the main Dignis page doesn't have the DX80 case, but there is a new page for it, but it's only available from one external seller. At least it's finally there. I'm kinda past getting one now, they snooze they lose!

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #6,132 of 6,795
  For the longest time, they didn't have the DX80 case available on Amazon. I just looked again and the main Dignis page doesn't have the DX80 case, but there is a new page for it, but it's only available from one external seller. At least it's finally there. I'm kinda past getting one now, they snooze they lose!

I got one & it's very nice. Well made & nice leather.

kev

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #6,133 of 6,795
I got myself this nice DAP from a friend letting go cheap.
One thing I do notice is the bad battery life, compared to my years old DX50 with stock battery (never care to change?) with better battery life.
Anyone has less than 2 hours on 24-bit FLAC on your DX80? Its only 5 months out from the box... I was a bit surprised though.
Any comment, discussion appreciated. Thank you.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6,134 of 6,795
  I got myself this nice DAP from a friend letting go cheap.
One thing I do notice is the bad battery life, compared to my years old DX50 with stock battery (never care to change?) with better battery life.
Anyone has less than 2 hours on 24-bit FLAC on your DX80? Its only 5 months out from the box... I was a bit surprised though.
Any comment, discussion appreciated. Thank you.

You will need the battery replaced. You can contact me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 17, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #6,135 of 6,795

Pics in the portable rig thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/22500#post_13181167

Users who are viewing this thread

Back