iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 4, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #4,876 of 6,795
  Then why do you expect iBasso to produce a new firmware for DX80, which you already have purchased, instead of working 100% under the new DX200?
biggrin.gif

In fact, iBasso has introduced SACD ISO playback first for DX90, then for DX50, and the version for DX50 is better. So, I expect the version for DX80 at least not worse than for DX50. So think about DX50/90 existing users like beta testers for DX80... or DX200
wink.gif

you make a point there mate....
rolleyes.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #4,877 of 6,795
would adding idsd micro to the dx80 , make a significant sound upgrade ?

how would the idsd change the general dx80 sound ?

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #4,878 of 6,795
  would adding idsd micro to the dx80 , make a significant sound upgrade ?

how would the idsd change the general dx80 sound ?

If it is a significant upgrade is up to your personal perception.

That's what I'm hearing (micro iDSD): more brightness to the sound compared to the DX80 (also in general, I find the micro iDSD to be slightly on the brighter side), no hiss (but only with iEMatch set to "Ultra Sensitivity"), somewhat higher transparency, possibility of extremely high output power (might probably come in handy for insensitive full-sized HPs).

But to the ifi's cons: cannot be used for as quiet listening levels as the DX80 and the ifi's volume control isn't as precise either (analogue pot -> channel imbalance), higher output impedance (5 or so Ohms with iEMatch to "High Sensitivity" and <2 when iEMatch is set to "Ultra Sensitivity" but just as little as ~ 0.1 Ohms when no iEMatch is engaged), hiss with sensitive IEMs without iEMatch set to "Ultra Sensitivity".

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #4,880 of 6,795
This is the only way I listen to my 80 is with my Micro, to tell you the truth I have only listened to my 80 once or twice on its own. The micro is VERY resolving.

you mean it's bright or warmish sounding ? i still have not understood if idsd sounds 'tubey' or analytical

to be honest , i don't really listen a lot to my dx80 , as i find the zx2 more organic/musical

but idsd could change that

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #4,882 of 6,795
which dx80 fw u guys think is the most stable? for me is 1.3.3
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back