iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 30, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #4,606 of 6,795
  Several others in the forum have documented this same problem. It's also probably related to the "Null" problem (search this thread for more). iBasso obviously doesn't care about fixing what is wrong with 1.4.4 any time soon, so you have a few options for muddling through: (1) You can run 1.3.3 and endure its dismally poor functionality in exchange for it scanning all your music. (2) You can run the latest FW and listen to whatever music the machine is capable of scanning. (3) I haven't bothered trying it, but my understanding is that with option (2), you can also navigate to a directory and force the DX80 to "scan" it by simply playing the music in that folder.

Or... You can waste your time troubleshooting--you may get lucky: Reformat the card and try putting all your music back on it. If you have a PC, try doing the factory reset thing on page 1 of this thread. Try adding music to the card one directory at a time until you figure out which one contains the "bad" song. Erase all your tags and rerun your tagging software with different options. And so on. 

(3) doesn´t work, because music that is not scanned correctly even won´t play in folder mode. In folder mode, when I hit "Play", it scans the songs in that folder but can not be played.

Reformating (I tryied both, FAT and exFat) and a factory reset will not solve my problem.

May 30, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,607 of 6,795
  So strange how an updated firmware fixes certain players and at the same time creates a new problem on other players that had been working fine before the updated firmware.

At least with DX80 rolling back is quite easy and straightforward. Read Fiio X7 thread to fully understand what do I mean
wink.gif

May 30, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,608 of 6,795
  (3) doesn´t work, because music that is not scanned correctly even won´t play in folder mode. In folder mode, when I hit "Play", it scans the songs in that folder but can not be played.

Reformating (I tryied both, FAT and exFat) and a factory reset will not solve my problem.

Thanks Bookutus. I hadn't tried (3). And none of the troubleshooting ideas I've tried myself have worked, either. I don't think there's much we can do except wait and hope that iBasso assigns a competent programmer to this project.

May 30, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #4,610 of 6,795
Recently
I am more often using digital out (Mojo) from my DX80 .
Sound is really good but what really is annoying are the pop noises when switching to next song or pause and restart a song .
Noise is with coax and optical out but no noise when DX80 is directly driving a headphone .
I assume I am not the only one with this problem .
Any suggestions ?
Will this be solved in a future firmware release ?
regards
Markus

May 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,613 of 6,795
  Ok
I wonder why other devices (iphone, android phone, ...)  then don't have this problem with mojo only DX80 ?

Well, there are also some DACs that have no problems with DX80 :wink: I also know some Android phones that have a similar problem with Mojo.

The problem does not appear when either a source fades out at the end of the stream, or a DAC mutes at the end of stream, or both. So why not to try at the Mojo end?

May 30, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #4,614 of 6,795
I have the Hugo and the Mojo. I do get a sound when pausing or changing songs with the Mojo but not the Hugo so it seems to be something with the Mojo. 

May 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #4,616 of 6,795
I don't have/didn't have any of these problems with the DX80 digitally to the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII, ifi Audio Micro iDSD or HiFime 9018 S/PDIF DAC. It seems like a specific "problem" of the "synergy" between the DX80 and Mojo.

May 31, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #4,617 of 6,795
  Ah ok thanks for the info.
So at least at the moment it can be said thaht DX80 and mojo isn't
the best combination.

We are looking into this to see if there is anything we can do.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,618 of 6,795
Well, I am now on DX80 number 3.
After just 2 weeks of ownership, my first one got stuck in the "power up - see you" shutdown loop and wouldn't recover. Replacement #2 from Amazon was perfect, but developed a weird screen issue (post #4652) a couple of months ago. It was cheaper to pay Amazon the small restocking fee and get a new one, than to ship it to China for repair. 

I was kind of surprised to see the latest one arrive with firmware 1.1.4 on it. I thought by now they would be shipping with something newer (or maybe I got some old stock).

After putting 1.4.2 on it, I did a reset and scan. The scan went fine, no null files. Got my fingers crossed. But, this is the last time. If this one has any issues, I'm giving up and will look a another manufacturer. Though I hope not, as I really like the sound and features of the DX80.

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #4,619 of 6,795
I can confirm that version 1.4.2 has more aggressive highs and less bass quantity than version 1.3.3. Been testing in the past 2 hours between versions. Same settings and volume.

Did this because I was listening to some albums and couldn't stand those aggressive highs on 1.4.2 and remembered that some people was saying 1.3.3 was better in this regard. I'll stick now with 1.3.3. But in one album the music don't even play, this never happened in 1.4.2. Let's see.

@Paul - iBasso I don't know what you did but please consider reverting this. Many people prefer the sound of 1.3.3. I can attest it's a more popular sound signature.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #4,620 of 6,795
@Paul - iBasso

I reported earlier that my DX80 is loosing charge at around 10% a day while not in use at all.  A number of users here also have similar experience.  Have you guys got any idea what could have caused that?

Just as an update of the situation, I fully charged my DX80 last night and by this afternoon, it only has 85% power left.  Should I take my unit back to the retailer?  As I cannot disconnect the battery I need to keep charging the DX80 everyday to avoid over discharging the battery, which will kill the battery for sure.

Cheers

Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back