iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 27, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #4,594 of 6,795
I don't remember where I read that with dx90 low gain was better for some reasons I don't remember too
It was a mechanical switch with voltage dividers. It has impact on the sound due to coupling capacitors. Removing capacitors eliminates the influence.

For stock DX90, high gain is better - no divider means no filter.

May 27, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #4,596 of 6,795
Can this contribute to ground noise?

DX90, like you say it's clean:

Output level:
Low Gain: 1.3 Vrms 
Mid Gain: 2.0 Vrms
High Gain: 2.8 Vrms

DX80:
2.9 Vrms (32 ohm load)

? I guess the low gain of DX90 is much better for sensitive IEMs...What do you think?

May 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #4,597 of 6,795

He probably has a pair of ears - you sir appear to have bricks strapped to yours ! o_0

That you believe something does not mean is true, our senses deceive us all the time. If it sounds different I guess someone would have measured it already. 

May 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #4,598 of 6,795

That you believe something does not mean is true, our senses deceive us all the time. If it sounds different I guess someone would have measured it already. 

Well it could be true for an individual. True, it may not mean it is true for you. 

May 30, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #4,599 of 6,795
Since the last update the DX80 has really grown on me as the main problems I was having got rectified, also both the DX80 and the P7's have now been run in so the sound has improved considerably.
Still get the occasional Null file however its no big deal and it might be something wrong on my side.

May 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #4,601 of 6,795
  Since the last Update (1.4 & 1.42) my DX80 is not able to scan all my music from 200gb sdcard...
Firmware 1.33 does it without problems. 
Its very frustrating...

try use a smaller sd card?

May 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #4,604 of 6,795
  This card works fine under firmware 1.33

Several others in the forum have documented this same problem. It's also probably related to the "Null" problem (search this thread for more). iBasso obviously doesn't care about fixing what is wrong with 1.4.4 any time soon, so you have a few options for muddling through: (1) You can run 1.3.3 and endure its dismally poor functionality in exchange for it scanning all your music. (2) You can run the latest FW and listen to whatever music the machine is capable of scanning. (3) I haven't bothered trying it, but my understanding is that with option (2), you can also navigate to a directory and force the DX80 to "scan" it by simply playing the music in that folder.

Or... You can waste your time troubleshooting--you may get lucky: Reformat the card and try putting all your music back on it. If you have a PC, try doing the factory reset thing on page 1 of this thread. Try adding music to the card one directory at a time until you figure out which one contains the "bad" song. Erase all your tags and rerun your tagging software with different options. And so on. 

May 30, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #4,605 of 6,795
So strange how an updated firmware fixes certain players and at the same time creates a new problem on other players that had been working fine before the updated firmware.
Only using one 128gb card at the moment however am running out of space so in need of a new card but after reading certain posts I shall not risk buying a 200gb but shall stick to 128's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back