iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 15, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #4,487 of 6,795
  Is there a clever way of reducing hiss without Impedance adaptors?

I've soldered two ceramic capacitors into the connector.

May 15, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #4,488 of 6,795

My Dunu 2000j's are rated at 8 ohms and I don't hear any hiss.

Don't get me wrong, but I take that with a grain of salt...Many people are complaining about DN2000J hissing on powerful sources on reviews and more...Again, don't take it personally, but I would have to hear it to believe. Have you tried playing music on volume at 0 ? Do the start, pause, start again thing, and see the diferences?

If then, I guess you are not that sensitive about hiss or have no better terms of comparison in that level. Or do you?

Seriously? 
blink.gif

May 15, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #4,490 of 6,795
I was listening to my DX80 tonight, with 90 per cent of the battery going on, when, all of a sudden, it turned off. Each time I try to power it on, it powers off. It's the first time I experience this. Is there any explanation or, for that matter, any solution to it? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

May 15, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #4,492 of 6,795
L.E. It just came back online. But, what really happened? Any idea?

Strange, never had that happen. Have you tried a factory reset to see if that clears up any problems? 

May 15, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #4,493 of 6,795

Strange, never had that happen. Have you tried a factory reset to see if that clears up any problems? 
[/quote]

Yes, I actually did, but to no avail. It's a bit curious, I didn't even listen for a long period of time when it happened, maybe for just one hour. Quite strange...

May 15, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #4,494 of 6,795

Yes, I actually did, but to no avail. It's a bit curious, I didn't even listen for a long period of time when it happened, maybe for just one hour. Quite strange...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Has it happened more than once? 

May 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #4,495 of 6,795

Has it happened more than once? 
[/quote]

It's the first time. However, after it happened, it didn't recover after several tries when it kept turning off. Then, I put it away and tried again in 10-15 minutes and it woke up...

May 15, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #4,496 of 6,795
  any final audio design users and experience an insane hiss with dx80

I generally use either my Heaven IV or VI on my DX80.  I wouldn't call it an insane amount of hiss, but it is there along with the bumps, pops and thumps.  FAD stuff is just too sensitive to not have it on the Ibasso, but the sound is magical otherwise.  The hiss and sounds go away with a higher impedance IEM or earbud.

May 15, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #4,497 of 6,795
  I generally use either my Heaven IV or VI on my DX80.  I wouldn't call it an insane amount of hiss, but it is there along with the bumps, pops and thumps.  FAD stuff is just too sensitive to not have it on the Ibasso, but the sound is magical otherwise.  The hiss and sounds go away with a higher impedance IEM or earbud.

yes my vi and fibass is suffering as a result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back