iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 12, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #332 of 6,795
I don't have anything smaller than a 64 GB card, can someone confirm that it can be used to make the update? How can I get the update? Their site is still down.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #333 of 6,795
I don't have anything smaller than a 64 GB card, can someone confirm that it can be used to make the update? How can I get the update? Their site is still down.

Me too. It would be nice if the site comes up.
My DX80 is sitting around not doing much right now, since my main library is on a 128GB card that crashes the system.

Edit: Just trying the update now

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #334 of 6,795
I don't have anything smaller than a 64 GB card, can someone confirm that it can be used to make the update?

Same problem here....smallest card I own is 64gb.  This is 2015.  Why have anything smaller than 64 gb?
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #336 of 6,795
  Same problem here....smallest card I own is 64gb.  This is 2015.  Why have anything smaller than 64 gb?
biggrin.gif

Just tried the 1.1.2 update and so far so good.
Interestingly, a 64GB card (Sandisk Extreme Pro) was not able to do the update if it was formatted as exFAT (says invalid img file), but the update was successful if formatted as FAT (I used Mac to format it).

After the update, it was able to scan my entire 128GB card (which was crashing half way before), and also able to scan both slots 1 and 2 simultaneously.
FYI a full scan of 128GB card took around 5 minutes.

Also, the last few seconds of the album cutting out was fixed as well, as well as the incorrect track display bug.
Finally I can start to really use my DX80 properly.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #337 of 6,795

Just tried the 1.1.2 update and so far so good.
Interestingly, a 64GB card (Sandisk Extreme Pro) was not able to do the update if it was formatted as exFAT (says invalid img file), but the update was successful if formatted as FAT (I used Mac to format it).

After the update, it was able to scan my entire 128GB card (which was crashing half way before), and also able to scan both slots 1 and 2 simultaneously.
FYI a full scan of 128GB card took around 5 minutes.

Also, the last few seconds of the album cutting out was fixed as well, as well as the incorrect track display bug.
Finally I can start to really use my DX80 properly.

How is the smoothness? Like going in and out  of menus and swiping.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #338 of 6,795

How is the smoothness? Like going in and out  of menus and swiping.

Doesn't feel too different. It feels a bit choppy for the first few seconds after page transition (must be caching something), but then becomes pretty smooth.
I thought the UI is not too slow on V 1.0 firmware.

It would be great if iBasso guys can optimize the code to make it as snappy as the Cowon Plenue or AK.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #339 of 6,795

Doesn't feel too different. It feels a bit choppy for the first few seconds after page transition (must be caching something), but then becomes pretty smooth.
I thought the UI is not too slow on V 1.0 firmware.

It would be great if iBasso guys can optimize the code to make it as snappy as the Cowon Plenue or AK.

What feels choppy? When I change anything it is immediate. I wonder what the difference is. The only thing that takes about 1 second is the All Music. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #340 of 6,795

What feels choppy? When I change anything it is immediate. I wonder what the difference is. The only thing that takes about 1 second is the All Music. 

With a freshly scanned SD card, the first time I go to some list e.g. "Album" view, swiping my finger won't scroll through the list smoothly. It sort of move in steps, very slowly, kind of like chugging one row at a time. 
If I wait for 10 seconds or so, the scrolling becomes smooth and everything feels good. FYI I have about 400 albums on that list.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #341 of 6,795
At first i can't do the update from my Exfat card but Fat 32 is work.

I found a bug .

-----------For album art.It's broken pixel in some picture but in the old firmware didn't have these problem.
-----------I hear some pop sound at the opening of song 
----------It's a bit slow for swiping and scolling from old firmware 

Do anyone have these problems just like me? Hopefully may be next update will be work on Exfat card 

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #342 of 6,795
The new update solves the sd card scanning issues
smily_headphones1.gif
But, I still get the pop/ pressure when changing songs

I was told they were working on it. Though, I hope that if it is something that can be fixed software-wise, that it doesn't take as long as it did for the DX90 to finally support gapless playback in perfection (DX80 btw has got perfect gapless playback straight from the start with FLAC files; haven't tested with other formats yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back