iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 12, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #1,981 of 6,795
Oh.. Forgot to ask a question.. Is anyone having an issue where the songs are ending early? Or if you're listing to a song on repeat it cuts off the ending of the song.

By the way, I love how background vocals are now more upfront. Thank you iBasso for the amazing player. Even if it does cut off the ending to my songs.. Lol..

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,983 of 6,795
Oh.. Forgot to ask a question.. Is anyone having an issue where the songs are ending early? Or if you're listing to a song on repeat it cuts off the ending of the song.

By the way, I love how background vocals are now more upfront. Thank you iBasso for the amazing player. Even if it does cut off the ending to my songs.. Lol..

I mentioned this afew weeks ago and Paul said that they're aware and working on a fix.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,986 of 6,795
The only problem I have is not being able to install new Windows driver to use it as USB DAC, my Norton Anti-virus deletes executable within a second of unzipping it, marking it as a virus.  @Paul - iBasso
 can you please let your guys know about it?  Better yet, tell them "no soup" until they recompile that driver so Norton is happy :D

Can't you add an exception for the file/folder in your anti-virus software? That's how I did it, installation worked flawlessly then.
Another way would be to (temporarily) disable your network access as well as anti-virus software.

Really worth it, as the USB DAC feature now works flawlessly with my PC since 1.2.1 (had some playback speed issues with 1.1.2 and 1.1.4 on my PC).

PS: finally watched the legendary soup-related Seinfeld episode a week or so ago - brilliant!

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,987 of 6,795
Scandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC and 32 GB SDHC, have reloaded FW 1.2.1 three times resetting it after loading each time, the pops and cracks are still there albeit less frequently, also FLAC files sped up twice in an hour, I am being to suspect the DAP hardware is at fault.

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,989 of 6,795
  Scandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC and 32 GB SDHC, have reloaded FW 1.2.1 three times resetting it after loading each time, the pops and cracks are still there albeit less frequently, also FLAC files sped up twice in an hour, I am being to suspect the DAP hardware is at fault.

Please try this download of the batch tool for the DX. There are instructions with it. You do have to use a Windows based computer for the BT. It totally wipes the memory and loads the FW. You can find a .rar program free to open it.

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 13, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,990 of 6,795
Jan 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #1,991 of 6,795
No clicks, no pops, no hiss on mine. Just Glorious music :wink:

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,994 of 6,795
Concerning sound, I had at the same time the ak 120ii and the Dx 80 (having bought the dx 80 as secondary Dap), using them with my Earsonics Sem9 and all I can say is that I didn't justify the reason to keep the Ak for a so little difference in sound quality.. I was expecting a bigger differrence. I sold the Ak!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back