iBasso DX320MAX Ti Preorders Are Live!
Apr 21, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #31 of 62
Everyone talking about Android and storage size, while I can't even think up a use case with the weight and size of this thing. It clearly isn't going to get in my pockets while I am out and about, so not portable at all, which to me defeats the purpose of having a DAP. For a transportable situation of sofa, kitchen, work or bed side set-up there are better options out there, especially a Hugo 2.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #32 of 62
..... For a transportable situation of sofa, kitchen, work or bed side set-up there are better options out there, especially a Hugo 2.
or the Lotoo Mjolnir :wink:

Lotoo.jpg

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #33 of 62
Everyone talking about Android and storage size, while I can't even think up a use case with the weight and size of this thing. It clearly isn't going to get in my pockets while I am out and about, so not portable at all, which to me defeats the purpose of having a DAP. For a transportable situation of sofa, kitchen, work or bed side set-up there are better options out there, especially a Hugo 2.
to my ears,
i come to the opposite conclusion.
i have tried and owned mostly all transportable external amp/dac solutions including mojo 1,2,hugo 1,2,woo wa11,ifi,etc,etc and to my ears,none of them beat top tier daps today in sound quality
the 320max ti is large,no question about that,and not pocketable,however,when traveling,or listening out in your backyard,putting it in a knapsack,or small carrying case with strap,it achieves its goals of desktop sound out & about......

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #35 of 62
What is the sound signature of the ROHM DAC's? If the Sony wm1zm2 is warm and lush and the A&K SP3000 is detailed and reference, how would you describe the ROHM?
Reference sound with a hint of warmth. Imagine ESS and AKM combined.

Apr 21, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #37 of 62
They aren’t obsolete though. It’s not smartphone specs but no DAP will ever be, if you need that then you’re better off using your phone. All of the music streaming services will work on android 11 for years to come. For example, Spotify requires android 5.0 or higher as of this current time. Apple Music needs android 6.0…

DAPs get outdated faster by their manufacturers releasing newer products rather than losing support for an older android version.
You should reconsider this position.

For tidal, older versions of android continue to get phased out, and you lose that functionality. Flag ships from Astell and Kern, for example, are still running android six and can no longer stream TIDAL.

Apr 21, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #38 of 62

For tidal, older versions of android continue to get phased out, and you lose that functionality. Flag ships from Astell and Kern, for example, are still running android six and can no longer stream TIDAL.

Tidal needs Android 7 (released in 2016) or higher, SP3000 uses android 11.

Apr 21, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #39 of 62

Let's be realistic - since Android 10 is still the predominant system in use (for those who want to stream apps on a DAP), it would be logical to assume that software developers will support the versions with the largest deployment. At some point there will be a new Android standard that will replace Android 10 but as long as the majority of users are on 10, that will most likely be supported. The same holds true for cell phone apps and the minimum versions needed to run them.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #40 of 62
Ibasso updated the DX300 from an older android version to Android 11 after the DX320 was introduced. I expect that once Android 12 is released in a new product the 320 max will see an android update.

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #41 of 62
Struggle to see a price/user-case justification when an Android phone with (much) newer hardware and more built-in storage capacity as well as the same microSD card storage expandability using something like USBAudioPLayerPro and possibly also a dongleDAC is functionally better, if not ergonomically better.
Or am I missing something?

If you really think an Android phone with any dongleDAC is in the same league as a TOTL DAP then please stick with your phone. This is obviously not the market for you.
As for built in storage why waste more money on extra storage when majority will be swapping SD cards anyways. Much rather have that cost put towards better parts.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #42 of 62
If you really think an Android phone with any dongleDAC is in the same league as a TOTL DAP then please stick with your phone. This is obviously not the market for you.
As for built in storage why waste more money on extra storage when majority will be swapping SD cards anyways. Much rather have that cost put towards better parts.
I do. I will. It isn't.
:thumbsup:

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #43 of 62
I do. I will. It isn't.
:thumbsup:
Please do so, im waiting for u to move on, and never look back on dap. It has been talked for such a long time. Guess ppl just too dmb af n lazy af to even do bare minimum on looking for a reason why its they way it is. The fault is not even from audio company who can only hope to be given. n even then ppl still be a dmb n blame it on company like ibaaso.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #44 of 62
Please do so, im waiting for u to move on, and never look back on dap. It has been talked for such a long time. Guess ppl just too dmb af n lazy af to even do bare minimum on looking for a reason why its they way it is. The fault is not even from audio company who can only hope to be given. n even then ppl still be a dmb n blame it on company like ibaaso.
So much adolescent opinionated passion!
Sadly not matched by your lamentable spelling/intelligence.

Apr 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #45 of 62
From what i understand if some part in this Ibasso breaks it can’t be replaced nor fixed because of special amp parts used in this 320max.
Despite the size, weight, it’s a little less flexible for the price. Maybe 320 with (just 2 dacs) it’s smaller size and swappable amps is a better solution despite being sluggish at times and inefficient battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back