iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,406 of 14,609
I received my DX300. My biggest issue with it , is that it recognizes my external storage in a random basis. Even if I re start the unit, its not consistent in reading the external storage.
Installed the latest update, but even after that no luck

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #3,407 of 14,609
I received my DX300. My biggest issue with it , is that it recognizes my external storage in a random basis. Even if I re start the unit, its not consistent in reading the external storage.
Installed the latest update, but even after that no luck

Try reformatting in the DX300 while it's recognised...

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #3,408 of 14,609
I wonder if I should try EQ.. I've only used it in car audio situations.

I can believe it makes an appreciable difference - how would you set the EQ if using UAPP?
Depends on your headphone and taste.
There are for example parametric eq recommendations for many headphones in internet (e.g my LCD-2) which you can apply there to your liking.
I am looking forward to playing around with compensating lack of bass when connecting my Andros to unbalanced port, respectively using IFI iematch.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #3,412 of 14,609
Any suggested sites?

I asked if Wavelet works ith DX300 but couldn't get a response. It is system generic, but it is possible that it will not work with DX300. It used to work with R8 with a trick. It automatically downloads the profile for the headphone.

1612288519093.png

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #3,413 of 14,609
I asked if Wavelet works ith DX300 but couldn't get a response. It is system generic, but it is possible that it will not work with DX300. It used to work with R8 with a trick. It automatically downloads the profile for the headphone.

Thanks I'll give it a go in abit. I'm afraid I like the headphones you cannot stand... haha.

Also, the dx300 is never going to fit in this case ... lol.

C400AF42-A90F-45EF-9FE4-7C613610F971.jpeg

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #3,414 of 14,609
I'm afraid I like the hesdphone you cannot stand..

Wait, where did you hear that? :p Yeah, the upper mids of Utopia is too much for me. You can try the legacy mode if no application can be found. On R8, as far as I remember, I used to start playing with no HPs plugged in and then plug in the HP, and it used to work.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3,415 of 14,609

1612288519093.png
DWavlet doesn't work, it doesn't get access to whatever it needs on the Ibasso Android setup.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #3,416 of 14,609
Thanks I'll give it a go in abit. I'm afraid I like the headphones you cannot stand... haha.

Also, the dx300 is never going to fit in this case ... lol.

C400AF42-A90F-45EF-9FE4-7C613610F971.jpeg
I have been using the Utopia for the past day in balanced. A good combination IMO.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #3,417 of 14,609
I've had intermittent problems before with the DX160 not charging with my Samsung charger, but yet to see this happen with the DX300. I wonder if it's a charger issue?
I have a Magic-Pro charger with 4 QC3 ports and charging has never been a problem with the DAPs.
What makes me lean to think there is something wrong internally is that;

1. Its only digital battery having this issue. Analog charges without hic ups.
2. If digital battery does not charge, it will do so randomly regardless what charger i am using. Samsung, LG, Apple or straight into usb3 on PC.
Sometimes it charges with any of the above, sometimes its picky.
3. It sometimes resumes charging if i unplug and plug back in the charger to dx300.

Dont know yet. Need some more testing.
I know for a fact its not getting any different charger. It either works as intented or is going back.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #3,418 of 14,609
That's the stuff behind the Wavelet app
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
My oh my, that will need time to be read and understood.
Have to read through but will it be feasible to install this on let's say your Windows or MacOS, connect DX300 as DAC, select and calibrate your headphone model and export the eq settings?
These could then be (manually) entered in DX300 local apps like UApp and saved as specific profiles?
Just some brainstorming...

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #3,419 of 14,609

2. If digital battery does not charge, it will do so randomly regardless what charger i am using. Samsung, LG, Apple or straight into usb3 on PC.
Sometimes it charges with any of the above, sometimes its picky.
3. It sometimes resumes charging if i unplug and plug back in the charger to dx300.

Dont know yet. Need some more testing.
I know for a fact its not getting any different charger. It either works as intented or is going back.
Have you run the digital battery all the way down to calibrate it? Even if the amp battery goes all the way down first, let the digital run out also and then charge.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #3,420 of 14,609

I think you need to try for some warranty support...

Edit: Having said that, I've now tried three different charger types. My ugreen 18w and 60w PD chargers work fine, but I have some a specific basesus 18w charger (which I believe also claims PD compatibility) which is showing similar behavior to what you describe - charges, stops charging, charges again - maybe with 6-10 seconds between phases though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back