iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 19, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #3,106 of 5,029
Listening to Beatles, Love. I have never, ever, heard it sound like this or so very good. Huge yet musical sound carved out in front of me.
This!

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #3,109 of 5,029
@Whitigir

Very nice write up and much appreciated even as an SS DX300 MAX owner. Mainly was interested in the interior of the unit as they share many things. Was wondering if you could please upload a few more pics of the removal of the back panel and the battery set up as well. Thanks in advance.

And before I forget I also wanted to thank you for the micro sd recommendations. I have been using the Sandisk Edge 400gb for a few weeks now and was surprised to notice the difference overall considering I was using the Extreme Pro for a while. Where it seems to be making the most difference is with the ISO and DSD music files. Only wish they made a larger version of the Edge. May have to invest in the Micron 1tb at some point

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #3,110 of 5,029
Neutron and 16X OS May have some problems to scale automatically. Especially 192Khz , if ticked 16X, it would be resampled before it goes to OS again. Therefore, the best practice is to OS it accordingly to your files in the folders by organization. This may need the developer of neutron to investigate

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #3,111 of 5,029
Neutron and 16X OS May have some problems to scale automatically. Especially 192Khz , if ticked 16X, it would be resampled before it goes to OS again. Therefore, the best practice is to OS it accordingly to your files in the folders by organization. This may need the developer of neutron to investigate
Dmitry is checking now, I’m trying to help him testing dev releases and sharing logs.

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #3,113 of 5,029
You will see some internal/external pictures in the PDFs below. (Though I think they are prototype one.)
https://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/giteki/SearchServlet2?PageID=jt01&ATF=66955001
https://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/giteki/SearchServlet2?PageID=jt01&ATF=66956002

*These docs are for Japanese technical regulations conformity certification for radio equipment.
https://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/giteki...7N217&SN=%94%46%8F%D8&LN=27&R1=*****&R2=*****
For people who is curious about more internal pictures, you can see it from the quoted post above

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #3,114 of 5,029
I probably haven’t even broke 10 hours with the Max Ti yet, most of my listening with IEMs has been done outside of my home since I received it. Listening now with the A12t and the synergy is just unreal. Huge spacious soundstage and separation, exceptional imaging… buttery smooth and extended highs with amazing mid range and bass qualities. It’s just exceptional.

All from the SE output too.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #3,116 of 5,029
I am wondering exactly how many hours necessary to achieve burn in. I think I maybe 50-60 hrs? I realize it was mentioned 200hrs.

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #3,117 of 5,029
I am wondering exactly how many hours necessary to achieve burn in. I think I maybe 50-60 hrs? I realize it was mentioned 200hrs.
50 to 60 hours isn't enough. Caps are still forming and in general, chips are still settling in. I just enjoy the ride.

Sep 21, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #3,118 of 5,029
I have been pondering about the upcoming competition, and those that are wondering about how the 3M would fair against them.

I think it would be fun to speculate, so I'm going to try, based on both my experience and some guess work.
I hope this is at least entertaining, as speculations go.

So, I see we have four upcoming contenders:
1-Fiio m17
2-A&K SP2KT
3-Cayin N8ii
4-Shanling M9

Problems with the competition.
So although we know that:

NONE of the competition will use multiple battery sources.

None will have separate isolated sections.
Instead they will be glorified integrated Daps (Compromise for portability).

here's issue is of dac chip difference:

Here is my opinion, from my experience, on the topologies of the competition dac & amp choices:

ESS has impressive dynamics, maybe more, but the trade offs are being a touch colder with clarity that may be excessive or artificial, while AKM is with more natural textures.
ESS in the past had the infamous glares, but that is no longer existing with latest es9038pro.
Mobile ESS chips initially have been known to have artificially sweet trebles (my own experience). Nice, not natural.

Yet both latest desktop ESS & AKM chips, are way more advanced Delta Sigma chips than in past, with more complexity, oversampling and format capabilities.

Then there is mobile R2R, with both its strengths of soundstage, and limitations of it's performance with different files & sampling.

Then there is the amp section.
Is it powerful? Mediocre?

Amp differences are:
Advanced chips (THX)
Op-amp chips
Nutube chip (tube like)
Discreet SS design

THX chip using a advanced feedback noise reduction.
Sound is clean & powerful, with impressive stage. Although ultimate clarity in complex passages may reduce width, (from my own early experiences) with desktop amp.
Portable versions (from my own ownership) have been observed as very impressive, dynamic, but with a bit lesser depth, and bit strident/cold over time.
Both issues could be resolved or offset somewhat, with design.

Then there's the op-amps.
They come in different signatures, but all have same limitation, which is weakness and power. Battery usage is good, but it remains a less desirable amp stage.

Then there's circuits using nutube.
It is susceptible to microphonics. It is a very low power output, wich need opamp stage for more output. It has more noise and was design to introduce tube-like harmonics.
No dap currently plan to have two for balanced. Daps going this route are basically coloring their op-amp.

Lastly we have "discreet" solid state topologies. Not using op-amp.
No limitations of either power or sonic purity. Best choice, but unknown if any dap besides ibasso, is going this route.

So from these points of view, I see the competition as this:

Daps upcoming:

Fiio m17:
ESSpro & thx.
Output Power = strong
Sound expected = Possibly excellent(dac) & aggressive(amp+dac)
Hopefully desktop level sound.
Depends on dac chip implementation, because using it fully, is more power hungry than the AKM.
Heat = way high, a huge hot burning brick of coal, + added "desktop fan dock” , for plugged in, "full power" usage.

A&K SP2KT:
mobile ESS & 2amp + both(hybrid)
Output Power = weak
Sound expected= thick (amp) & sweet(dac). Good but not 100% at desktop level
Heat = avg

Cayin N8ii:
unknown dac, tube amp.
Output Power = expect avg to weak.
Sound expected = smooth (amp) . Good but not 100% at desktop level, unless R2R dac. Any other chip=not desktop level.
Heat = avg

Shanling M9:
akm & unkown amp
Output Power = ?? Hopefull
Sound expected = excellent to good. limited only by implementation of dac chip, & choice of amp.
Heat = higher than avg

From the looks of it all, none of the competition had a chance to compete on the 300max level, but they can still perform at a high level, and there are other considerations for the compromise.
I would say maybe 2 of them would be more portable.
That's my guess, and why I feel the ibasso unit will enter a more desired status, once the dust settles, in future.
The AKM flagship dac AK4499EQ chip was the best.
The loss was a real setback for the dap market.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #3,119 of 5,029
Crazy ti❤️❤️❤️
Maybe 10 hours

Attachments

• BEDFE029-845F-40FA-9023-3E7762FBD4EF.jpeg
    BEDFE029-845F-40FA-9023-3E7762FBD4EF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back