iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Dec 15, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,159 of 5,029
Dec 15, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,161 of 5,029
Sorry for being nosey, can I just ask why? (Of course, if you don't wish to answer, it's totally fine).
Just got way over extended. Also, I still have DX220MAX-EX, LP6-TI, N6ii-TI, and several others. So many ways to listen to music in my house. It took me two weeks of wrangling with this decision to finally pull that trigger but someone else will enjoy it too.

Dec 15, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #4,162 of 5,029
Dec 15, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #4,164 of 5,029
LP6-Ti 7th anniversary.
Nice choice… R2R DAC Chips… will be very interesting to hear your thoughts especially compared to your past knowledge with the 3MAX Ti. Please keep us updated on the appropriate channel when you can. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! 🎄

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #4,166 of 5,029
Dec 16, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #4,167 of 5,029
Bit of a rare combo in the house for demo this week....

20211216_054500.jpg

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #4,168 of 5,029
My 3MAX didn't want to start up any more yesterday

Just to spare you the scared time I had, here is what happened: (Maybe someone reported the same issue before but I didn't find it.)
Timeline:
  • accidentaly drained the battery to 1% in the digital section
  • Immediatly turned it off, when I realised
  • recharched as usual with USB-C cable
  • somehow I had a bad feeling already because of the 1%, so after 1h of charging, I tried to turn it on
  • pressed the power on button as usual ... nothing
  • assuming the charging didn't work I exchanged the cable
  • another 1h ... another try ... nothing
  • exchanged the charger ... 2h charging ... nothing
  • tried charger and cable on M8 ... charging works fine
  • tried other cables and chargers. Checked for dirt inside the 3MAX connector.
  • looked in forums and §MAX manual for this kind of behaviour .. nothing
  • connected charging cable with laptop. Recognised as USB device ... but nothing more happened
  • started to press all kinds of button combinations for a long time ... nothing
  • Then I decided, I am left with one option only ... press buttons for a VERY long time. Computer hardware can be weird.
And it worked!

After I pressed the power button for like 20 seconds (which is really long) the 3MAX digital section woke up.
Since then it is all fine again. Starting as usual. It seems to have been a one time effect most likely due to the draining to 1%. Maybe turning off at almost empty was worse than completely empty. How knows ...

End of story ... try that if you ever experience the same behaviour and save yourself some additional grey hair.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #4,169 of 5,029
After I pressed the power button for like 20 seconds (which is really long) the 3MAX digital section woke up.
Since then it is all fine again. Starting as usual. It seems to have been a one time effect most likely due to the draining to 1%. Maybe turning off at almost empty was worse than completely empty. How knows ...

End of story ... try that if you ever experience the same behaviour and save yourself some additional grey hair.
Been there, done that. First time it happened i nearly got a heart attack.

Dec 16, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #4,170 of 5,029
I had that last week for the 1st time. A few expletives initially went through my head as I remembered a post made here a while back. 1st thing I did after being on charge for a few minutes was hold the pwr button until it came to life so panic didn't last long. Not sure why it's got this quirk but hopefully most users are aware of it now and don't think their max is bricked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back