iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 1, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,526 of 5,051
I'm worse, cos I'd figured it out correctly on my DX300, then forgot about it when the Max came. :face_palm:
If you believe me, you just made me laugh my ass off. Out loud. Hahahahahah, this is one of the funniest things I've read here. Thank you!

@zen87192 Indeed. To say it's a true honor would be an understatement. Hopefully that tells you enough how grateful I am for having this incredibly blessed opportunity. None of it would ever be possible without @Paul - iBasso !

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #3,527 of 5,051
The bass performances from IER Z1R and 3MTi is Godly !!

I have never heard this kinda bass from anything Z1R related!!! This is totally insane. Suddenly my Z1R feels like it is into legendary kinda performances type of IEMs.

That trebles clarity though brilliantly sparkling

23985432-6F55-4893-A645-C93C7FEADC20.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #3,531 of 5,051
The bass performances from IER Z1R and 3MTi is Godly !!

I have never heard this kinda bass from anything Z1R related!!! This is totally insane. Suddenly my Z1R feels like it is into legendary kinda performances type of IEMs.

That trebles clarity though brilliantly sparkling

23985432-6F55-4893-A645-C93C7FEADC20.jpeg
DX300 Max SS with IER Z1R is spectacular too! New found love for Sony :))

DX300 Max SS with The Bird……. No words for this pairing. I wish for more free time :))

Oct 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #3,532 of 5,051
For those wanting a Ti, would it be better just to get the basic dx300 and then just wait for the Ti to get released again? I figure getting the SS would just be hard to sell later on.

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #3,534 of 5,051
For those wanting a Ti, would it be better just to get the basic dx300 and then just wait for the Ti to get released again? I figure getting the SS would just be hard to sell later on.
We don't even know if it will be release again, and if it is going to be released again in "limited quantity" will it be all SS, or if they will include TI version as well.

If they are going to re-release 3Max, it is likely going to be Stainless steel only, assuming they follow the same ratio, if they make e.g. 100 units, it doesn't make sense to source separate components for ~20 TI units.

So in conclusion, if you are waiting for such units, you are looking at the odds of

1. AK4499 production will be resumed
2. IBasso will release 3Max again
3. IBasso willing to source components for a very small numbers of TI units (SS and TI have some different AMP components)

The odds aren't looking good at all.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #3,536 of 5,051
We don't even know if it will be release again, and if it is going to be released again in "limited quantity" will it be all SS, or if they will include TI version as well.

If they are going to re-release 3Max, it is likely going to be Stainless steel only, assuming they follow the same ratio, if they make e.g. 100 units, it doesn't make sense to source separate components for ~20 TI units.

So in conclusion, if you are waiting for such units, you are looking at the odds of

1. AK4499 production will be resumed
2. IBasso will release 3Max again
3. IBasso willing to source components for a very small numbers of TI units (SS and TI have some different AMP components)

The odds aren't looking good at all.

AK4499 production can't be resumed, even after they rebuild the factory because AKM officially discontinued all AK449x DACs.

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #3,537 of 5,051
DX300MAX Firmware V1.03

https://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300MAXFWota-V1.03.rar

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug of a possible clicking noise when playing MQA via Tidal.
2. Rectified the button operation bug on recovery mode.
3. Rectified the bug that after renaming the folder, the songs repeat in the media library.
4. Playing MQA on UAPP is now possible.

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300MAX_full_ota_1.03.209.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300MAX's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300MAX after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #3,538 of 5,051
DX300MAX Firmware V1.03

3. Rectified the bug that after renaming the folder, the songs repeat in the media library.

1. Copy and paste the DX300MAX_full_ota_1.03.209.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300MAX's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300MAX after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.
The system updater doesn’t seem able to detect this upgrade. Is the roundabout instructions mentioned above the only way?

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #3,539 of 5,051
DX300MAX Firmware V1.03

Anybody manage to update with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back