iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 25, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3,361 of 5,051
I used to separate my music by genres in the cards back when 64Gb Ultras were the norm. With streaming being lossless/hires and WIFI/5G everywhere these days, I hardly buy new music anymore. If anything, new remasters regularly rolled out on Apple Music, etc, are even better than the old stuff I’ve got, with historic recordings the exception, that is! That said, whilst I do not have tens of thousands of tracks in my collection, I do have large hires files filling up a 1Tb hard disk, I wouldn’t mind being able to store them all on DAPs…
People need to contact the manufactures then and press for the 2TB cards. I don't personally want more onboard capacity. When you have to do a factory wipe, if needed, there goes everything but with a card, well it can carry on to another dap or get popped back in. And the newest technology will be on the better cards like the Edge and the Micron brans (256gb and above right now, non WS). Also, scanning goes better if you have something like CleanMyDrive, which eliminates junk and opens up more space on the card.

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #3,362 of 5,051

Latest update (p.209 to p.221) to owners listing.
Keep 'em coming! 🎧

DX300 MAX SS: Edition Number details updated. Please let me know your Edition number and I will add you to the listing (if you wish to join).

Now including additional owner details on 3MAX Titanium that I know of so far..... Join in if you please.... let me know your username and... when received.... your unique owner number on the members card.

aaf evo: SS: 387 : Ti: 81 🇺🇸
ajlolo: Ti: 34 🇺🇸
Auricon: SS: 401 🇺🇸
ayang02 : Ti: 43 🇹🇼
behemothkat: 212 🇭🇺
bluestorm1992: Ti: 🇺🇸
Copland62: 273 🇮🇹
cradon: 427 🇺🇸
DarginMahkum: 400 🇩🇪
DaYooper: Ti: 56 🇺🇸
Damz87: 391 🇦🇺
Dennis80: 147 🇦🇺
Doug2507: 453 🇬🇧
Dsnuts: 149 🇺🇸
efftee: Ti: 004
ExpatinJapan:
fabduf69: Ti: 47 🇨🇵
frankyan88: 489 🇭🇰
fuhransahis: 232 🇺🇸
funasianguy4u: 441 🇺🇸
gentzen: Ti: 40 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Giraku: SS: 218 : Ti: 25 🇺🇸
gonzfi: 182 🇬🇧
greygrey:
hssong85:
infinatejustice:
Infoseeker: 116 🇺🇲
jamato8:
jsawmusic: 495 🇲🇾
Junnu: 111 🇺🇸
justanut: 377 🇸🇬
Laplace: Ti:15 🇸🇬
Lappy27: 348 🇨🇦
Libr4: 297 🇨🇦
linnsondek: 478 🇦🇺
Lu88: Ti: 75 🇯🇵
markel: 253 🇺🇸
masahito24@chart: 207 🇺🇸
Maxx134: Ti:84 🇺🇲
meomap: Ti: 85 🇺🇸
mico1964: 402 🇮🇹
mobplay: 295 🇭🇰
Morbideath: Ti: 54 🇨🇳
mungster: 465 🇺🇸
namawee: 164 🇸🇬
Ojisan: 169 🇺🇸
purk: 304 🇺🇸/🇹🇭
pv815: 452 🇺🇸
Reima: Ti: 33 🇺🇸
RjayGwapo: 486 🇵🇭
RPKwan: 113 🇭🇰
roygbiv6: 217 🇬🇧
snapandslide: 475 🇬🇧
stersa: 189 🇪🇸
subguy812 387 🇺🇸
Tawmizzzz: 127 🇺🇸
TheHelper1964: 101 🇦🇺
Tom75: 173 🇩🇪
Tomz1313: 225 🇨🇭
Twistie: 363 🇩🇪
Twister6: Demo 🇺🇸
veezhun: 379 🇸🇬
vkenz: 362 🇸🇬
Whitigir: Ti: 73 🇺🇸
Yannis:
zxcvy19: Ti: 78 🇰🇷
Please add me to the list: alsorkin Max Ti #23 received today 9/25/2021

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #3,364 of 5,051
Please add me to the list: alsorkin Max Ti #23 received today 9/25/2021
Welcome! Your details and unique owner number have been added to the listing. Wishing you many hours of happy listening 🎶 🎧

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #3,365 of 5,051
Uhm, I don’t want to offend anyone, but please allow me to do some dissections here for the Luxury&Precision here. The LP6Ti. I always give credits where it is due. So, I will say this first, by using 4X R2R IC Chips for a DAC array, this is the best R2R yet (the more is the better), and the HiFiMan also have 4x but I don’t know which model….they are confusing and I haven’t followed them since the statement “it is expensive because it sound good”

So, this is a Snapshot of the LP6Titanium

DE224A03-1429-4FC0-94CA-4A015CD10231.jpeg
This is DAC board
4C896805-0848-44CA-8602-9864987F8285.png

So, this player is actually being Baked SMD by Oven baking, and then being snapped on from boards to boards.

This is very limited Hand soldering or works being performed on this player.

Why do I bring it here ? Just because when I try to compare the Ibasso Dx300Max Titanium VS this player which is Twice the price….I am seeing a lot of Hand soldering and works being performed, which is very and very complicated
Virtually all of those vertical capacitors are hand-soldered on a very cramped board. I am almost sure that no amateurs could have done such tasks. Then even the analog volume pot is then hand soldered on….Those Axial and horizontal caps also are hand soldered, and even the Tantalum caps

Finally, even the Interconnect Cables here is minimal and is direct soldered on..by hand again…no ribbon cables at all
98DD2E12-B474-4DE3-814F-169F6E687875.jpeg
yes, allow me to say only 2 things and with Sound performance being asides.

1/ How did Ibasso pull such amazing skills and works for such a low priced player ? $3.3K or the SS which is 2.2K ?

2/ How is the LP6Ti being 6.6K with such minimal assembly by hand ? And why premium sound with premium price but no premium integrity for SIGNALS PATHS ?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #3,366 of 5,051
Uhm, I don’t want to offend anyone, but please allow me to do some dissections here for the Luxury&Precision here. The LP6Ti. I always give credits where it is due. So, I will say this first, by using 4X R2R IC Chips for a DAC array, this is the best R2R yet (the more is the better), and the HiFiMan also have 4x but I don’t know which model….they are confusing and I haven’t followed them since the statement “it is expensive because it sound good”

DE224A03-1429-4FC0-94CA-4A015CD10231.jpeg
This is DAC board
4C896805-0848-44CA-8602-9864987F8285.png

So, this player is actually being Baked SMD by Oven baking, and then being snapped on from boards to boards.

Why do I bring it here ? Just because when I try to compare the Ibasso Dx300Max Titanium VS this player which is Twice the price….I am seeing a lot of Hand soldering and works being performed, which is very and very complicated
Virtually all of those vertical capacitors are hand-soldered on a very cramped board. I am almost sure that no amateurs could have done such tasks. Then even the analog volume pot is then hand soldered on….Those Axial and horizontal caps also are hand soldered, and even the Tantalum caps

Finally, even the Interconnect Cables here is minimal and is direct soldered on..by hand again…no ribbon cables at all
98DD2E12-B474-4DE3-814F-169F6E687875.jpeg

1/ How did Ibasso pull such amazing skills and works for such a low priced player ? $3.3K or the SS which is 2.2K ?

2/ How is the LP6Ti being 6.6K with such minimal assembly by hand ? And why premium sound with premium price but no premium integrity for SIGNALS PATHS ?

Good arguments here. One thing I would take into consideration here is that L&P's design is much denser (about the size of DX220) so there is limited real estate for large caps etc. The digital PCB looks like a high quality layout/placement so I would gather they spent some time and money in manufacturing of these boards (probably piggy back on larger semicon fab/manufacturing given the ceo's background). They spun a custom Intel FGPA. That's expensive... On the other hand, how does iBasso make these special designs by hand for so cheap? I don't know :laughing: It's very impressive too...

Now, I am not sure about the board-to-board interconnects. If it's digitally carried to the other board, I might argue that it is probably fine. High-speed digital signals are better served on shorter low capacitance lines. Not the big wires. If it's analog, it's not going to carry too much voltage/current. Yu don't have to carry 8Vpp swing from end-to-end to sound good as long as you can keep the noise low. Hard to say without knowing what signal is carried across the connectors.

On the cost, I would attribute the large cost of the fabrication to the Japanese "Urushi" lacker used in the outer case. These are handcrafted by a recognized national craftsman who does special woodwork found on hundreds of years of history. This is all hand work and it takes weeks to finish.

Not defending anyone here. Just saying. I'm the type to value sound over package. I do admire what iBasso is doing and I keep coming back. 3Max is no doubt superb from cost-performance ratio. But if you get a chance to hear L&P device, it's also tuned really well, IMO. Too expensive, yes. My bottom line would be which one would I go back to listen again and again... ymmv :wink:

Sep 25, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #3,367 of 5,051

It’s expensive BUT sounds good haha! The Hifiman HM1000 Gold (or Quad), which is more a DAC than DAP, uses the now extinct 4x PCM1704 compared to the LP6, which doesn’t use the PCM chips.

Sep 26, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #3,369 of 5,051
Sep 26, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #3,370 of 5,051

Ok I start to charge the analogue battery with the unit OFF for 10 hours.
I will tell you tomorrow if the battery is charged. I really hope. thank you for your help.
I had issue in charging of digital. I had factory reset mine and fixed it. Looks like I had installed an app that could be draining the battery fast so its charges extremely slow

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #3,371 of 5,051
Good arguments here. One thing I would take into consideration here is that L&P's design is much denser (about the size of DX220) so there is limited real estate for large caps etc. The digital PCB looks like a high quality layout/placement so I would gather they spent some time and money in manufacturing of these boards (probably piggy back on larger semicon fab/manufacturing given the ceo's background). They spun a custom Intel FGPA. That's expensive... On the other hand, how does iBasso make these special designs by hand for so cheap? I don't know :laughing: It's very impressive too...

Now, I am not sure about the board-to-board interconnects. If it's digitally carried to the other board, I might argue that it is probably fine. High-speed digital signals are better served on shorter low capacitance lines. Not the big wires. If it's analog, it's not going to carry too much voltage/current. Yu don't have to carry 8Vpp swing from end-to-end to sound good as long as you can keep the noise low. Hard to say without knowing what signal is carried across the connectors.

On the cost, I would attribute the large cost of the fabrication to the Japanese "Urushi" lacker used in the outer case. These are handcrafted by a recognized national craftsman who does special woodwork found on hundreds of years of history. This is all hand work and it takes weeks to finish.

Not defending anyone here. Just saying. I'm the type to value sound over package. I do admire what iBasso is doing and I keep coming back. 3Max is no doubt superb from cost-performance ratio. But if you get a chance to hear L&P device, it's also tuned really well, IMO. Too expensive, yes. My bottom line would be which one would I go back to listen again and again... ymmv :wink:
Agreed about the limited usage of large caps, which I never really pointed to the debates. Just disappointed that the hand works on the LP6 is very limited compare to Ibasso 3Max. I am strictly talking about hand soldered works.

To carry DAC board signals into Analog board. It doesn’t matter about it being digital or analog, Usb cables have differences, and you don’t see usb cables to be ribbon cables. Now, I2S cables, needs to be short, but still…wires materials matters. But seeing 3 ribbons cables so far on those boards. I am pretty sure there is an analog Ribbon cables. Hiding from those 4 large capacitors in the Digital Boards, I am pretty sure that is the decoupling for analog signals right on the digital board.

Urushi is expensive, and I agreed, which is why Fostex 900 is expensive.

Yes, Intel FPGA is expensive, and I agreed

But if they skimming out on Interconnect cables to preserve signals integrity, which is the main point of “High End DAP”, then what else is being skimmed out ? Even AK is trying to minimize the usage of ribbon cables inside their players, especially the SP2K, which uses Snap-on connections rather. They have the space to fit in those large capacitors, and a 1/4” socket. They can fit in quality analog cables by “hand soldering”, especially for a 6.6K player. There is no excuses

I have no doubt that it will sound amazing, because how else can it be sold ?

Anyways, I would never use all the most expensive build and expensive DAC to Amp pieces but then be using Walmart cables for my desktop systems.

I am thankful for Ibasso and Dx300Max Ti. Not only that it sounds wonderful, but it build quality is surprisingly “complicated” and “expensive”. I am speaking from a point of a very “Seasoned DIY” points of view. I have done all kinds of works on different PCB and components, and I still can’t shrug off being “Amazed” by how complicated the works on the Ibasso Amp boards is on the 3Max

When it comes to what mattered most, Ibasso did so diligently preserving signal integrity to the best that they can still serve, to use quality Cables that is Directly soldered on. These cables can easily be plugged in and out. However, Ibasso Chose to have it hand soldered on. This Skips out Extra 2 more joins and connectors that can degrade the quality.

C80B3793-B654-4F44-BDE4-D78E58ECCE01.jpeg
And with this post I have concluded pretty much with what I see on the LP6Ti. A very expensive piece with very sophisticated design, but when it comes to what mattered, they opted for easier serviceability instead.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #3,372 of 5,051

This is DAC board

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...lp6-ti-7th-anniversary?variant=39598974173246
Technically LP7th.....but this is not the lp7 we wanted.
;-;

Sep 26, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #3,374 of 5,051
Well, to some extent the clue is in the brand name: "Luxury". LP6Ti or LP6 Gold, besides being brilliant DAPs, are also status statements (one can tell by the laquered wood, top-end leather case, etc.). Status symbols cost :ksc75smile:. You don't just pay for sound, but also for looks.
Absolutely!!!

5oaqwd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back