iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Dec 24, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #4,756 of 5,049
Don't get me started on these Macbooks and laptops lol. I dislike what they are doing. I'm puzzled that you can no longer upgrade the ram yourself or ssd on maccrooks.
If that drive or ram dies its a paperweight. Don't get me wrong I like them a lot but the nickle and dime scheme is another out of hand.
Yes, the inability to change RAM is disgusting. I have had ram go bad but that was when you could change it out. Soldered directly to the board now and. . . Yes, we digress but sadly, there doesn't seem much to do about it since even though I have a pretty new and nice Windows PC, I much prefer the OS of Apple, especially for my photo workflow. I am starting to like the dap system more. LOL

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #4,757 of 5,049
It's not a good idea for average user to DIY replace the batteries on the 300MAX.

I can see there are exposed capacitors inside, which is dangerous.

And the batteries in the analog circuit are likely wired in series to get the 12V, which will also be dangerous if you aren't absolutely sure what you are doing, i.e. spot welding the cells.

With laptop or normal phone batteries, you just disconnect the battery and replace it. This ain't it, you will get injuries if you don't have the proper knowledge.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #4,758 of 5,049
It's not a good idea for average user to DIY replace the batteries on the 300MAX.

I can see there are exposed capacitors inside, which is dangerous.

And the batteries in the analog circuit are likely wired in series to get the 12V, which will also be dangerous if you aren't absolutely sure what you are doing, i.e. spot welding the cells.

With laptop or normal phone batteries, you just disconnect the battery and replace it. This ain't it, you will get injuries if you don't have the proper knowledge.
What? They plug in and how would it dangerous with caps that are 6 volts to 20 or so? That isn't dangerous and they drain fast. Injuries? I have done this for years. The only injury I ever got was when on a preamp I was working on, the goof that sent a power supply and didn't insulate a transistor being used that had a heat sink. Got hit with 720 volts that led to a capacitor. Once when I was a radioman in the military, I saw a guy get knocked across the room because he left his ring on and was working on a live transmitter. He lived. But never with a dap and changing the battery is not hard at all, or IMO dangerous, unless you open the battery and expose it to air and that is true for all of these types of batteries.

These have the same type of connector as most phone batteries do.

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #4,759 of 5,049
What? They plug in and how would it dangerous with caps that are 6 volts to 20 or so? That isn't dangerous and they drain fast. Injuries? I have done this for years. The only injury I ever got was when on a preamp I was working on, the goof that sent a power supply and didn't insulate a transistor being used that had a heat sink. Got hit with 720 volts that led to a capacitor. Once when I was a radioman in the military, I saw a guy get knocked across the room because he left his ring on and was working on a live transmitter. He lived. But never with a dap and changing the battery is not hard at all, or IMO dangerous, unless you open the battery and expose it to air and that is true for all of these types of batteries.

These have the same type of connector as most phone batteries do.
I have seen people do stupider things. But It's not dangerous as in life threatening, you are correct. I was overestimating it.

Digital part of the battery is the same as any other. But Ibasso has mentioned analog battery uses 4x 900mh cells to get the voltage needed. I make the assumption that it is 4 900mah 18350 cells welded together, in which case you'd want some research before doing the DIY.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #4,760 of 5,049
I have seen people do stupider things. But It's not dangerous as in life threatening, you are correct. I was overestimating it.

Digital part of the battery is the same as any other. But Ibasso has mentioned analog battery uses 4x 900mh cells to get the voltage needed. I make the assumption that it is 4 900mah 18350 cells welded together, in which case you'd want some research before doing the DIY.
It doesn't use the 18350. The cells for the the analog output and come together as a unit with the digital battery, all together and all change out easily. I have done it. No more difficult that a phone battery, and no more dangerous. I understand what you are saying but I don't think an issue and if a person is worried, they can always have a competent phone repair shop do the swap for them.

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #4,761 of 5,049
It doesn't use the 18350. The cells for the the analog output and come together as a unit with the digital battery, all together and all change out easily. I have done it. No more difficult that a phone battery, and no more dangerous. I understand what you are saying but I don't think an issue and if a person is worried, they can always have a competent phone repair shop do the swap for them.
Thanks for the information.

Dec 26, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #4,762 of 5,049
Today's MAX sesh. Luckily, no battery issues since I've owned my 3MAX SS *knock on brick*

IMG_0245.JPG

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #4,763 of 5,049
Today's MAX sesh. Luckily, no battery issues since I've owned my 3MAX SS *knock on brick*

IMG_0245.JPG
Same here, absolutely no problems! Can say the same for the DX300.

The experience is smoother on MangoOS, Android can sometimes run into issues like temporary screen freeze. But yeah, I've been having flawless experience for the past few months on MangoOS =)

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #4,764 of 5,049
Same here, absolutely no problems! Can say the same for the DX300.

The experience is smoother on MangoOS, Android can sometimes run into issues like temporary screen freeze. But yeah, I've been having flawless experience for the past few months on MangoOS =)

Luuuuuccckkkyyyyyy, GOSH

Attachments

• b127263b8fb4782adc04186b1b55d26b.jpg
    b127263b8fb4782adc04186b1b55d26b.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #4,765 of 5,049
Hi all,

Quick random question, does the normal gain adjustment on the 300 max (low, medium, high, as seen in the picture) also cover the “line out”? Or is that a different setting? I want to ensure the line out is only on medium. Thanks!

Attachments

• 439530D1-23E1-4EC0-9164-0A7DCBF599C9.jpeg
    439530D1-23E1-4EC0-9164-0A7DCBF599C9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 6, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #4,766 of 5,049
I tried doing a search of this thread but didn't find a good answer.

Can you rotate the screen 90 or 180 in Mango exclusive mode or only in Android based Mango? I have a great desktop stand but it needs to be volume dial up.

Jan 6, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #4,767 of 5,049
I tried doing a search of this thread but didn't find a good answer.

Can you rotate the screen 90 or 180 in Mango exclusive mode or only in Android based Mango? I have a great desktop stand but it needs to be volume dial up.

You use to be able to rotate the music player on android but for some weird reason they took it away. You can try 180 upside down i think but they may only be for DX320. I know my 320 does 180. You can try a third party app to rotate it or a different music player app like Neutron, UAPP or Hiby.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #4,768 of 5,049
You use to be able to rotate the music player on android but for some weird reason they took it away. You can try 180 upside down i think but they may only be for DX320. I know my 320 does 180. You can try a third party app to rotate it or a different music player app like Neutron, UAPP or Hiby.
I'm on an old FW (1.3 maybe?) and CAN rotate Mango in Android but can't in Mango mode.

Jan 6, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #4,770 of 5,049
Yeah i don't think mango mode alows it. I would just use android when i want the rotation and mango mode if i don't need it for now. Yeah sorry, there are inconsistancy between the playmodes.
Thanks. Follow-up for anyone since there's 318 pages...

What is the general consensus of sound quality/characteristics of Mango exclusive vs Mango in Android? Are they the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back