iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #2,884 of 5,029
So are you upgrading the wiring within the MTi? If so, which type of wiring are you using, why, and do you use Oyaide solder for it?

Also, is the Ti offered in the States?

Thank you
I would love to, as that is the only things I would upgrade. Yes, I love Oyaide solder. Titanium is only 50 units to the world, so however many the US can grab. They can’t be purchased anymore from the Ibasso website though. There are 50 units for China alone, and I am sure they are not flying out the doors vs only 50x for the globe. Anyone has great connections there, may have a chance to get it from there

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,885 of 5,029
From my limited time with the 3MTi, I’d say it has more power, bigger soundstage and sounds more 'raw', if that makes sense. On some tracks, the 3MTi sounds more transparent, maybe even more details. Definitely better at driving power-hungry IEMS. I feel they are both as musical; my take is that the SP2K sounds more like the 3MTi than SP1Ks, probably due to different in DAC chip sets (AKM 4499 vs 4497). On sound alone, I’d rate the 3MTi higher.

However, the 3MTi is a brick, by my measure, and is more an audio engineering feat than a polished consumer product. The SP2K, on the other hand, is a sleek and sexy man-toy that you can caress all day long. From my brief experience with the 3MTi, I’d say the SP2K is definitely more stable, better built and feels more premium in every way. So whilst the 3MTi gets the job done, exceedingly well, the SP2K does it very good too, but in style.

In the end, I know many here, read @Whitigir (hehe), who thinks the 3MTi is the best DAP ever, and it truly is an amazing player, but hand to heart, I do not believe that the SP2K is inferior. I am certainly keeping both my SP2KCu and 3MTi, and if you can, I’d urge you to do the same.
For me, there is no question that the Ti is better and inferior in build? What are you looking at? We all have different view points but to me, the Ti offers more of everything except for the higher price of the SP2000.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,886 of 5,029
After 50+ hours of burning in on my Ti, I'm happy to declare that Ti is superior to SS to my ears. When isolating individual sound quality aspect, such as resolution, imaging, dynamics, etc., the differences are not that big between Ti and SS. But if you ask me which music presentation I prefer, it's Ti hands down. Sound of Ti is more engaging, enjoyable, organic, musical, and euphoric to my ears. All these are subjective assessment, so YMMV.
If you are interested in buying my SS, please PM.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #2,887 of 5,029
For me, there is no question that the Ti is better and inferior in build? What are you looking at? We all have different view points but to me, the Ti offers more of everything except for the higher price of the SP2000.
I can respect his subjective opinion and view for sure but there are objective technical and physical matters in play here

1/ Battery packs. The 3Max total is of 10,000 mAh easily (9,800mAh precisely 6,200 alone for DAC and 900x4 = 3,600mAh for amp). While SP2K has 3,800mAh for everything.

2/ with that much juice and 3Max can only last upto 10 hours while AK SP2K is 40% as much and lasting about 80% as much (8 hours)

From 1 and 2 alone , you can already tell the physic in play. Now with normal mode, the 3Max can last upto 18 hours or so, which is a pretty good indicator that SP2K is constantly running standard Mono channels instead of utilizing all 4 channels Per chip

Now, electrical designs when in plays, and amplifier alone.

1/ 3Max is discrete amplifications
2/ Directly powered by battery packs alone, skipping multiple stages of LDO.
3/ DAC is built solely and purposely for Digital and processing only, nothing to share with amplifier at all

From these point of views, the architecture and implementations, the 3Max is already superior

Yes, sound is subjective and I respect them all. Also, we all don’t use the same gears, the same point of experiences/references. So, it is fine to just love what you do, and there is nothing wrong with it. I love 3MTi by a heck loads from listening to it , and IMO, it is superior to many other pieces over the many years I have been in this hobby….no jokes …no BS…

I also agreed with Johns, the only thing superior about SP2K is the MSRP, even their customers service is like a 3rd world country comparing to Ibasso

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #2,888 of 5,029
After 50+ hours of burning in on my Ti, I'm happy to declare that Ti is superior to SS to my ears. When isolating individual sound quality aspect, such as resolution, imaging, dynamics, etc., the differences are not that big between Ti and SS. But if you ask me which music presentation I prefer, it's Ti hands down. Sound of Ti is more engaging, enjoyable, organic, musical, and euphoric to my ears. All these are subjective assessment, so YMMV.
If you are interested in buying my SS, please PM.
Damn! These TI impressions are making everyone offering the SS for sale.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #2,889 of 5,029
I can respect his subjective opinion and view for sure but there are objective technical and physical matters in play here

1/ Battery packs. The 3Max total is of 10,000 mAh easily (9,800mAh precisely 6,200 alone for DAC and 900x4 = 3,600mAh for amp). While SP2K has 3,800mAh for everything.

2/ with that much juice and 3Max can only last upto 10 hours while AK SP2K is 40% as much and lasting about 80% as much (8 hours)

From 1 and 2 alone , you can already tell the physic in play. Now with normal mode, the 3Max can last upto 18 hours or so, which is a pretty good indicator that SP2K is constantly running standard Mono channels instead of utilizing all 4 channels Per chip

Now, electrical designs when in plays, and amplifier alone.

1/ 3Max is discrete amplifications
2/ Directly powered by battery packs alone, skipping multiple stages of LDO.
3/ DAC is built solely and purposely for Digital and processing only, nothing to share with amplifier at all

From these point of views, the architecture and implementations, the 3Max is already superior

Yes, sound is subjective and I respect them all. Also, we all don’t use the same gears, the same point of experiences/references. So, it is fine to just love what you do, and there is nothing wrong with it. I love 3MTi by a heck loads from listening to it , and IMO, it is superior to many other pieces over the many years I have been in this hobby….no jokes …no BS…

I also agreed with Johns, the only thing superior about SP2K is the MSRP, even their customers service is like a 3rd world country comparing to Ibasso
Man! This world country at this price? Lol

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #2,890 of 5,029
Damn! These TI impressions are making everyone offering the SS for sale.
Ecstatically content with SS - don’t see the need to unload. Owning either or both versions provides an unparalleled listening experience.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #2,891 of 5,029
Ecstatically content with SS - don’t see the need to unload. Owning either or both versions provides an unparalleled listening experience.
Truth there.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #2,892 of 5,029
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,894 of 5,029
Anyone having a problem with album art displaying on the DX300MaxTI? I am using the same microSD card that I used in my DX220Max and some of the album art does not show on the DX300MaxTi. All the album art displays just fine on the DX220Max.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back