iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 8, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #2,086 of 5,047
So!!! The differences is the
Output capacitors
Power supply capacitors
Titanium Chassis
Before anyone complaining about the prices and little differences, the tuning and the labors that invested into this model for Limited production is not easy at all. I bet that anyone who has adequate DIY skills can replicate this tuning on their SS, but may be risking the amp board. Then you don’t get lighter Ti chassis

This is Titanium with different tuning! This is extraordinary player from Ibasso . My order is placed and it was both stressful and funky. But as I mentioned, I will join everyone soon enough 94B6EDD8-4F64-461C-837F-7D6B2E5A1640.jpeg
Frankly, I didn't expect iBasso to do so any mods for just 100 pieces, even with the price bump. I think most didn't pick it up for the 'upgrade' (is it an upgrade or just different?) but happy to know you got your Ti too! :beerchug:

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #2,087 of 5,047
Hungarian customs clearance is a robbery (5% duty for electronic + 27% VAT on top of cleared value) - that will give me final price tag above 4400 USD which i cannot afford :frowning2:. @DarginMahkum did you place your order?
No, I am good with my SS.

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #2,089 of 5,047
Frankly, I didn't expect iBasso to do so any mods for just 100 pieces, even with the price bump. I think most didn't pick it up for the 'upgrade' (is it an upgrade or just different?) but happy to know you got your Ti too! :beerchug:
It can be said both ways
So! Is it an Upgrade ? Or is it just being different ?

From a manufacturer point of view, for obvious reason, it is just being different. This is a status of “neither deny nor confirm” the question with answer. However, it would satisfy both the one who doesn’t get it and don’t agree with it, also whoever that do

From my experiences and point of view, everything will effect the sound, even Chassis as a materials will change the sound, cables do change the sound, capacitors do change the sound….resistors….etc…everything, period.

So, when you combined both of those listed point of views. You may still be confused. But allow me to say this, a properly done modification may be different, and side grade rather than an upgrade, but it can not be a degrade in comparison!!! Therefore, I would think that as a manufacturer, Ibasso will have to stick with that final mark. That will mean that if a Titanium is sitting next to a SS, the sound will be different. But for better or being different ? That is all depend on the end user

If you asked me and my honest answer, everything look like an upgrade technically. But then again, sound is subjective, what is an upgrade to me, isn’t to you. Should we all agree on that it is just being uniquely different ?

Uniquely different while not being a downgrade is enough of the reason for modifications, don’t you think ?

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #2,090 of 5,047
So, no chance for me to come to Berlin for listening session :beerchug:
No worries, we will find someone, get him drugs and alcohol and make him trade his TI for an SS. :smiling_imp::skull::smiling_imp:

Hey, @Whitigir, after you receive your TI, how about I buy you two bottles of 60% Russian vodka and we talk about the differences of TI vs SS?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #2,091 of 5,047
It can be said both ways

From a manufacturer point of view, for obvious reason, it is just being different. This is a status of “neither deny nor confirm” the question with answer. However, it would satisfy both the one who doesn’t get it and don’t agree with it, also whoever that do

From my experiences and point of view, everything will effect the sound, even Chassis as a materials will change the sound, cables do change the sound, capacitors do change the sound….resistors….etc…everything, period.

So, when you combined both of those listed point of views. You may still be confused. But allow me to say this, a properly done modification may be different, and side grade rather than an upgrade, but it can not be a degrade in comparison!!! Therefore, I would think that as a manufacturer, Ibasso will have to stick with that final mark. That will mean that if a Titanium is sitting next to a SS, the sound will be different. But for better or being different ? That is all depend on the end user

If you asked me and my honest answer, everything look like an upgrade technically. But then again, sound is subjective, what is an upgrade to me, isn’t to you. Should we all agree on that it is just being uniquely different ?

Uniquely different while not being a downgrade is enough of the reason for modifications, don’t you think ?
Hmm. I hear you. And I fully agree with you that components affect the sound and any changes will result in a variation. I hope it's not too much of a change from the its SS sibling. I got the Ti to get that fast, edgy and expansive sound of the 300 Max that I've been impressed by (and at the other end from the more musical SP2K or more refined HM1K?). I'd otherwise would have passed on it altogether due to its neither portable nor desktop design.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #2,092 of 5,047
I didn’t want to pay round about 4.000$ incl. vat for a DAP. But i wish you all a lot of fun with our Ti👍. Congratulation. And its for sure being different. Better? It depends on your ears and earphones.

A Sendy Audio Peacock is arriving today, the Meze Elite hopefully in 2 weeks. I will have fun too.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #2,093 of 5,047
Ups…your, not our…but sharing is a new trend….lets doe it 😂

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #2,098 of 5,047
Micron i300, not the Micron CS

Did anyone compare the two yet? Since the CS version is also mentioned in the micron i300 datasheet, I’m inclined to think these two are very similar.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #2,099 of 5,047
It can be said both ways

In terms of failure longevity, will these old generation capacitors last?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back