iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #2,867 of 5,037
any length for listening pleasure!
I can listen to it all day long just because
The deeper your love, is the better.

How deep is your love ?

I am madly and deeply in love with 3MTi!! I want no changes!! No sir!! This is an amazing product from Ibasso, the best yet!!!

The only thing I may want to upgrade is the interconnect cables.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #2,868 of 5,037
I can listen to it all day long just because
The deeper your love, is the better.

How deep is your love ?

I am madly and deeply in love with 3MTi!! I want no changes!! No sir!! This is an amazing product from Ibasso, the best yet!!!

The only thing I may want to upgrade is the interconnect cables.
That's a superlative description, if I've ever heard one in this forum! Very happy for you guys.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #2,869 of 5,037
How is everybody's volume dial. Is it light turning, looser than SS? Or is it fairly tight twisting?

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,870 of 5,037
That's a superlative description, if I've ever heard one in this forum! Very happy for you guys.
Oh, I am ways too happy with this Titanium. It has 2 things I love the most

1/ Ibasso True house sound
2/ The best of Ibasso yet!!!

I love it too much already !!! And of course even though I am a tinkerer. I do not want to lift a finger if I don’t need to. Over years of experiences and in this hobby, there are only 2 pieces that I only want to swap out “internal wires” because to me, they are “amazing”. Of course being subjective and all.

1/ Sennheiser HD800S. I can’t even swap out a pads, because that degrades it performances. Internal wires and cables is all I needed

2/ Ibasso Dx300Max Titanium !!! Only internal cables is needed …may be also a MicronSD :wink:

People may wonder why Ibasso uses the cables as is. From my point of view, it is standard Practice for mass products run. To warrant a better serviceability. Virtually to be using other “non marking cables” and “non premade” will make it too complicated to perform services. Even Sony DMP Z1 still needs to have the “eases of service ability”

C8BCA853-4E11-4649-BC6E-AC9DB70177D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #2,872 of 5,037
Oh, I am ways too happy with this Titanium. It has 2 things I love the most

1/ Ibasso True house sound
2/ The best of Ibasso yet!!!

I love it too much already !!! And of course even though I am a tinkerer. I do not want to lift a finger if I don’t need to. Over years of experiences and in this hobby, there are only 2 pieces that I only want to swap out “internal wires” because to me, they are “amazing”. Of course being subjective and all.

1/ Sennheiser HD800S. I can’t even swap out a pads, because that degrades it performances. Internal wires and cables is all I needed

2/ Ibasso Dx300Max Titanium !!! Only internal cables is needed …may be also a MicronSD :wink:

People may wonder why Ibasso uses the cables as is. From my point of view, it is standard Practice for mass products run. To warrant a better serviceability. Virtually to be using other “non marking cables” and “non premade” will make it too complicated to perform services. Even Sony DMP Z1 still needs to have the “eases of service ability”

C8BCA853-4E11-4649-BC6E-AC9DB70177D1.jpeg
So are you upgrading the wiring within the MTi? If so, which type of wiring are you using, why, and do you use Oyaide solder for it?

Also, is the Ti offered in the States?

Thank you

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #2,873 of 5,037
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2,876 of 5,037
I am seriously considering letting my SS go and hunt for that sparkly TI through some other channels I know, maybe from China. Something will come up sooner or later.
Why China? Didn't you get @zen87192 Have a sealed TI for sale?

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #2,877 of 5,037
Why China? Didn't you get @zen87192 Have a sealed TI for sale?
Because I have a contact that can find some used devices in the Chinese market.

That TI is in the UK. Importing it means extra 25% which I didn't want to pay from the very beginning. Besides, I would like to sell mine first.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #2,878 of 5,037
Because I have a contact that can find some used devices in the Chinese market.

That TI is in the UK. Importing it means extra 25% which I didn't want to pay from the very beginning. Besides, I would like to sell mine first.
Ok i get ya!

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #2,880 of 5,037
Anyone compare an AK SP2000 Cu to the Ibasso DX300 Max in terms of audio differences? I'm considering selling my SP2000 to buy a DX300 Max(Ti or SS) new or used.
Thanks!
From my limited time with the 3MTi, I’d say it has more power, bigger soundstage and sounds more 'raw', if that makes sense. On some tracks, the 3MTi sounds more transparent, maybe even more details. Definitely better at driving power-hungry IEMS. I feel they are both as musical; my take is that the SP2K sounds more like the 3MTi than SP1Ks, probably due to different in DAC chip sets (AKM 4499 vs 4497). On sound alone, I’d rate the 3MTi higher.

However, the 3MTi is a brick, by my measure, and is more an audio engineering feat than a polished consumer product. The SP2K, on the other hand, is a sleek and sexy man-toy that you can caress all day long. From my brief experience with the 3MTi, I’d say the SP2K is definitely more stable, better built and feels more premium in every way. So whilst the 3MTi gets the job done, exceedingly well, the SP2K does it very good too, but in style.

In the end, I know many here, read @Whitigir (hehe), who thinks the 3MTi is the best DAP ever, and it truly is an amazing player, but hand to heart, I do not believe that the SP2K is inferior. I am certainly keeping both my SP2KCu and 3MTi, and if you can, I’d urge you to do the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back