iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #3,423 of 3,626
just tried to revert 2 builds back, noone works to play CD quality, only Masters. I believe it is something on Tidal side..
But it plays fine on the other DAPs.
I had an old Tidal build still installed a few days ago and it played CD quality fine. I didn't check the version number.
Then I upgraded MAX firmware to the latest and enabled Google Play store. It asked to upgrade Tidal, so I did. Then Tidal stopped playing CD quality.
So I think there must be an older version of Tidal that works...

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,424 of 3,626
But it plays fine on the other payers.
I had an old Tidal build still installed a few days ago and it played CD quality fine. I didn't check the version number.
Then I upgraded MAX firmware to the latest and enabled Google Play store. It asked to upgrade Tidal, so I did. Then Tidal stopped playing CD quality.
So I think there must be an older version of Tidal that works...
The old build from december, 2.34.0 (1017) works well.

Jun 10, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #3,427 of 3,626
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #3,428 of 3,626
Pasting the contents of the readme.txt included in the rar file:
Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that when using Plex APP, there was no output. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that when playing WAV music files, album artwork wasn't displayed. (Android OS)
3. Allows playing DSD files when using Bluetooth output. (Android OS)
4. Support for last.fm added. (Android OS)
5. Improved system response. (Mango OS)

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3,430 of 3,626
Upgraded. No issues so far. Will test Tidal later.

I do feel the Mango OS is now snappier, any performance improvement is very welcome.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #3,435 of 3,626
Hi chaps, after some absence I just wanted to share some disappointing news.

I will ask for refunding my DX Max.
I sent it in for for repair through my local country Ibasso distributor and it took 3 months! to be send there and to be returned to me.
Now opening the box today ... I am getting the same device back with a lose part that can be easily heard while moving the device in your hands.
I really loved this metal brick but that service experience really sucks I have to say and makes me wonder
- how other IBasso cases are treated whenever you are in need of a hardware service
- how other Chinese products that need repair are handled in general cause I was informed that due to Chinese customs regulations all products need to go through Hongkong as otherwise horrendous fees will need to be paid...
-> so does that mean whenever a non-Chinese customer needs a repair he will need to wait like 3 months for a return??? that is like 3 times as long as I am waiting for any Aliepress-article being ordered ...

Am happy though that at least software wise there was some progress here and I am wishing you folks all the best and happy listening - DX Max is regardless of my issues a superior DAP and will still be part of my audiophile journey memories!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back