iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Apr 23, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,391 of 3,626
May 4, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #3,392 of 3,626
26F11980-7A3E-4266-9B39-DDFB880133B3.jpeg

May 6, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3,394 of 3,626
The final evolution of the great ESS Sabres ES9028Pro X2 implementations for a Digital Audio Player.

While people may take that Dx300 is the next Evolution of a product, where Ibasso is focusing all the resources on. It is true that the Max is no longer produced as a “Final Form” of the Dx200 platforms. The Max will not shy away from competing against many other players

Yet, the Final form of the Max stock may be too sterile or neutral signatures. The one thing that Max will never be lacked off from stock is the Layering, Separations, Details. Why ? Because it is using the cleanest power supplies by having 5 battery cells that has seen a smaller evolution to carry on toward the next level product, the Dx300. However, these 4 cells of Amplifier batteries are something else, they are connected in Series and by 2 pairs, with each pair to form it own Negative and Positive supplies, while minimizing the LDO stages as much as possible. The Power supply of MAX is so Direct and pure

Furthermore, the amplification stage is Class A, with Ibasso further enhancement which is disclosed to be a Super Class A. It has further efficients while dissipate and generate less heat, that makes it not only a powerful DAP, but also portable enough as an All in One Player.

If the Max Own amplifier isn’t enough for you, there is a dedicated line out for the connection toward Any External amplifications you would want.

So, the Max from the technical point of views, is an excellent All in one player that can on see one Competition, the Dx300. However, technically speaking, the Dx300 Max voltage swing is +/- 6.5V or a total of 13V but Yet it is running from a Single Cell that involves LDO stages. The Max is +/- 8.4 V which is the most powerful out of any portable player at this moment, and a total of 16.8V swing from rail to rail, running off from pure batteries.

If all of that isn’t enough to impress you ? The Max can further benefits from Modifications to turn it into a one of a kind DAP.

Yes, there may be new technology such as FPGA to aid digital processing, but upto this point of my journey in this hobby, I will say this....The most important is the Amplifier :wink:. So, the amplification stage within the MAX, it will put many DAP to Envy !!! Truly marvelous amplification stage that with Further modifications to give it some more “touches” the possibilities is Endless

MAX! The last, and the Final form of a great Product by Ibasso. Don’t take Max lightly because Dx300. Max is at it final evolution, and Dx300 is just the beginning.

All Hail the Max !!! I still enjoy it so much “MAX”!!!

227FA86D-A6C8-4DCB-ACB5-8BA39F43AB67.jpeg

May 7, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,395 of 3,626
The final evolution of the great ESS Sabres ES9028Pro X2 implementations for a Digital Audio Player.

While people may take that Dx300 is the next Evolution of a product, where Ibasso is focusing all the resources on. It is true that the Max is no longer produced as a “Final Form” of the Dx200 platforms. The Max will not shy away from competing against many other players

Yet, the Final form of the Max stock may be too sterile or neutral signatures. The one thing that Max will never be lacked off from stock is the Layering, Separations, Details. Why ? Because it is using the cleanest power supplies by having 5 battery cells that has seen a smaller evolution to carry on toward the next level product, the Dx300. However, these 4 cells of Amplifier batteries are something else, they are connected in Series and by 2 pairs, with each pair to form it own Negative and Positive supplies, while minimizing the LDO stages as much as possible. The Power supply of MAX is so Direct and pure

Furthermore, the amplification stage is Class A, with Ibasso further enhancement which is disclosed to be a Super Class A. It has further efficients while dissipate and generate less heat, that makes it not only a powerful DAP, but also portable enough as an All in One Player.

If the Max Own amplifier isn’t enough for you, there is a dedicated line out for the connection toward Any External amplifications you would want.

So, the Max from the technical point of views, is an excellent All in one player that can on see one Competition, the Dx300. However, technically speaking, the Dx300 Max voltage swing is +/- 6.5V or a total of 13V but Yet it is running from a Single Cell that involves LDO stages. The Max is +/- 8.4 V which is the most powerful out of any portable player at this moment, and a total of 16.8V swing from rail to rail, running off from pure batteries.

If all of that isn’t enough to impress you ? The Max can further benefits from Modifications to turn it into a one of a kind DAP.

Yes, there may be new technology such as FPGA to aid digital processing, but upto this point of my journey in this hobby, I will say this....The most important is the Amplifier :wink:. So, the amplification stage within the MAX, it will put many DAP to Envy !!! Truly marvelous amplification stage that with Further modifications to give it some more “touches” the possibilities is Endless

MAX! The last, and the Final form of a great Product by Ibasso. Don’t take Max lightly because Dx300. Max is at it final evolution, and Dx300 is just the beginning.

Yes, I am listening to mine on a regular basis too :)

The DX300 is an excellent DAP with its own qualities and technical achievements and certainly more convenient for on-the-go listening :)

However, around the house, I tend to use the Sony WM1Z for portable use and that or the DX220MAX for when I'm on the bed or sitting down somewhere.
The WM1Z, even with the Midnight Plus FW mod, is a relatively warm DAP, so the DX300 doesn't offer something greatly different in terms of tone.
So when I'm looking for a different sound signature DAP, for example to pair with very warm IEMs, I really love the sound signature of the DX200MAX, not to mention its power and note weight.

Oh, and I have that same album in 24-96 HDTracks too :D

May 7, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #3,396 of 3,626
Yes, I am listening to mine on a regular basis too :)

The DX300 is an excellent DAP with its own qualities and technical achievements and certainly more convenient for on-the-go listening :)

However, around the house, I tend to use the Sony WM1Z for portable use and that or the DX220MAX for when I'm on the bed or sitting down somewhere.
The WM1Z, even with the Midnight Plus FW mod, is a relatively warm DAP, so the DX300 doesn't offer something greatly different in terms of tone.
So when I'm looking for a different sound signature DAP, for example to pair with very warm IEMs, I really love the sound signature of the DX200MAX, not to mention its power and note weight.

Oh, and I have that same album in 24-96 HDTracks too :D
Oh yes!! And with some modifications like “W” mod, the note weights would be further enhanced. Then the EX elevates the whole package a little further :wink:, but at the cost of many folds in both components/labors intensive

May 9, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #3,398 of 3,626
Look like I mentioned Max not too long ago and a competition just appeared or so it seems ? Shared to you by someone from Shanling M8 thread that translates “The National Heavy Brick” to be revealed May 15 ?
C10D4D36-E5A6-4097-94E1-F392B8C90D33.jpeg
Must be that M30

May 16, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #3,399 of 3,626

[..........]

superlative post mate ! to be framed !!
and the song is perfect !!!

May 17, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #3,400 of 3,626
Oh yes!! And with some modifications like “W” mod, the note weights would be further enhanced. Then the EX elevates the whole package a little further :wink:, but at the cost of many folds in both components/labors intensive
Sorry what is the w mod?

May 19, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #3,401 of 3,626
Guys
I noticed AMP section battery standard discharging seems to be higher than what I expected. I know the battery percentage is buggy with 220MAX but the discharge is real.
I mean I did not use 220MAX for about 1 month and half (and it was fully charged when I shut down it) and when I switch on again I saw the AMP section was completely discharged (simply no sound from the player, no volume even if I move the control knob), while the DAP section over 70%.

May 19, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #3,403 of 3,626
They are just buggy here and there, does that happen a lot ?

a simplified modifications that benefit the Max but isn’t as costly or complicated as EX
How i can do this mod?

May 24, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #3,405 of 3,626
Thanks to Whitigir’s generosity I had the opportunity to listen to the MaxW. To me it sounds better than the stock Max. The background appears a little blacker, there is more weight to the bass and the overall sound seem smoother, I don’t want to use term less grainy as I don’t think that the Max is grainy at all. The soundstage is similar in size with very good placement of vocals and instruments. I used Dr. Chesky’s Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc to check for the soundstage width, height and depth. The disc also has a track to see how low the bass goes. The difference in the bass can be clearly heard in "Solsbury Hill" on Peter Gabriel Plays Live album where the MaxW has clearer more impactful bass.
All my listening was done with my Fir Audio M5 CIEM using the balanced output as I currently don’t have a TOTL headphone. Music genres that I listened to included Jazz, Latin, Rock and Classical.
Anyone in the US who has a DX220Max should take up Whitigir’s generous offer to hear the MaxW. I plan to modify my DX220Max once the Audio Note capacitors are back in stock at Parts Connexion.

DX220MaxW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back